Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2012   #1
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 23251 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default High Snaps

I watched the game only today, I already knew how in the end we failed the 2pt conversion with the false start first and the high snap later.

Watching the game I noticed that most times Delhomme had to extend his arms high to catch the ball because the snap was high.

I'm not a football expert but I found that strange...

Anyone noticed that? Do you think it could be an issue in the playoffs?
Old 01-03-2012   #2
ts4texans
Rookie

Rep Power: 224 ts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: High Snaps

we need to be extra careful, even just one bad snap is could easily cost us the game, just like it did last week.

Treacherous Texans
ts4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #3
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Back-up center.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Myers on the sideline fairly early in the game.

I'm choosing to look at this as a non-problem, we've got more pressing issues to worry about
Old 01-03-2012   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
we've got more pressing issues to worry about
Yep! Like, is KJ/JA gonna cost us another game! I've already hit the maalox bottle worrying about that one! To bad we don't have another J. Joe on that side.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Yep! Like, is KJ/JA gonna cost us another game! I've already hit the maalox bottle worrying about that one! To bad we don't have another J. Joe on that side.
Hm... I was thinking more in the lines of 'Will Toro be able to get the crowd pumped'...

Crap, I is all scarrid now!!
Old 01-03-2012   #7
Calface4
inthisforlife

Rep Power: 0 Calface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Back-up center.
Exactly. Myers would never make that kind of mistake. I don't believe he has all year anyways.
Calface4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Back-up center.
Not really our regular back-up center.............actually, Brisiel has been listed as our backup center on the depth chart all year.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #9
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not positive of this, but I believe it was Thomas Austin who was in at center. He is only a 2nd year player who went undrafted, and sat on the patriots practice squad much (if not all) of last year. He is normally a G, and I am not even sure he has had any game action with us.

So with all of this being said, I don't think its something we need to be worried about.
Old 01-03-2012   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I am not positive of this, but I believe it was Thomas Austin who was in at center. He is only a 2nd year player who went undrafted, and sat on the patriots practice squad much (if not all) of last year. He is normally a G, and I am not even sure he has had any game action with us.

So with all of this being said, I don't think its something we need to be worried about.
Correct
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #11
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Not really our regular back-up center.............actually, Brisiel has been listed as our backup center on the depth chart all year.
I know Brisiel is the backup center... but with him out, is Caldwell now the backup? I also believe this is the first time Austin was even active for a game.

I'm actually quite surprised the Titans D-Line didn't manhandle that OL featuring Austin, Gardner, and Newton for a bit. Besides Casey, no one on the DL was making any plays.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post

I looked it up and Austin split his college career between guard and center.
Old 01-03-2012   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Even with the starting line-up, sometimes it looks like TJ catches the snap weird.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #14
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Even with the starting line-up, sometimes it looks like TJ catches the snap weird.
I am just speculating here, but it could be do to the fact that Myers stance is a bit funny (he gets down really low, as evident when they are under center), which could just be odd for him after years of seeing a more traditional higher up center. I am assuming when you do any action tens of thousands of times like taking a snap in the gun, any little variation could throw you off for a half second or so.
Old 01-03-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't bothered to watch all the NFL programs but the one thing I found odd from what little I watched was that no one was talking about how few of our starters were in.

If Newton hadn't gone down, we would have been playing with only Wade Smith as a starter on our offensive line. As it was, Gardner was alternating series between right and left tackle. Austin playing C and Caldwell playing RG.

And I don't know if it's been discussed much (because I haven't been around all that much the past few weeks), but there is a noticeable drop off from Brisiel to Caldwell. A big reason our offense hasn't looked as good since the Bengal game was Caldwell getting pantsed. Brisiel coming back for the playoffs could be the biggest story no one talks about.

And I'm surprised about the drop off. When Caldwell was drafted, I had high hopes for him. I thought he'd take over and dominate at RG if not at C. But after having to watch him the past few weeks, I'm totally off the Caldwell bandwagon. We need better depth at guard/center than that. He looks lost and slow out there.

But, to the OP, Austin had an issue with shotgun snaps. He was snapping them high all game. He needs to work on that. This is the first playing time he's gotten for us and let's all pray that Myers doesn't get injured.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It's not like the Bengals have two pro-bowl corners out there. Most teams don't, and have to get by with average #2 CBs. Everyone has weaknesses, and i'm sure Wade and Kubes are aware of ours and theirs.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Houston Texans Twitter
Quote:
HoustonTexans Houston Texans
LT Duane Brown on leader of O-line: "I'd probably have to say Chris Myers...He's the most vocal...He's a leader. He does everything right."
3 hours ago
Can you imagine Austin calling the OL play
Old 01-03-2012   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's not like the Bengals have two pro-bowl corners out there. Most teams don't, and have to get by with average #2 CBs. Everyone has weaknesses, and i'm sure Wade and Kubes are aware of ours and theirs.

Wade and Kubes being "aware" does NOT in any stretch of the imagination make KJ "aware!!" The dude does not concentrate!! Besides, IMHO, he's not anywhere close to being average!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #19
SuperSerial
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respected

They were just fooling around with the high snaps to poke fun at Romo.
SuperSerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Did anyone notice that there were a couple of very high snaps to Turk on punts again last game?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read