Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans. 1/7. 3:30. **Official Wild Card GameDay Thread**

389px-NFL_playoffs_logo_new.svg.png

bengals_logo.gif
HoustonTexansLogo.png

(mods, sticky this EARLY!)

I'll add all the bells and whistles this week, but this thread needs to break records. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Reading the bengals forum and its kind of funny how ignorant they are calling us "an easy win" because of the usual "3rd string qb" excuse WHEN this same team with the "3rd string qb" that drove down the field on their OWN field without our best passing threat. Its like that game is completley not existent in their minds. Reading that forum made me question if that game really happened or not.

/rant

The Bengal looks a lot more intimidating than Toro, should that be cause for concern ?

more than anything, i hope kubiak rides the hot runningback. one (if not both) WILL be eating up the bengals defense and i want to see us plow right through them. if we can set our will among the offensive line in game 1, it can very well carry us through the playoffs.

Gameday threads are for like...gameday. You know, posting about the game during the game. How about we lock it up until then, and post other threads about the upcoming game matchups, injuries, etc.

This has been one of the longest work weeks ever, the wait for this game is killing me. Either way, lets do it.

This has been one of the longest work weeks ever, the wait for this game is killing me. Either way, lets do it.

You can hardly imagine how the players are feeling. They aren't used to big games like this. My guess is they will be counting sheep........or Bengals most of the night. Hopefully, the adrenaline will keep them going until the game is over.:pirate:

i decided that i will not be fit for public for this game tomorrow. i can hardly handle myself now.. fast forward the next 20 hours. right now

Just upgraded my pay tv subscription here so I could watch the game tomorrow.

Think this comes down to Yates' ability to get the ball downfield consistently. Kubiak needs to loosen the reigns a touch. Hope Yates is 100% too.

17hrs to go. Both saturday wildcard games are supposed to be streamed live from nbc website like they do for sunday night games. Gah move faster clock!

I gotta log into work and do some stuff a bit after midnight tonight. Hell, I might start drinking then. Of course, I won't last long this late at night, but I might make a few interesting middle of the night posts before I pass out. :facepalm:

I am 8,500 miles away from Houston and still feel charged with electricity. I am so jealous of you who will actually be at the game, but I will be there with you in spirit as I watch the game live at 5:30 AM Sunday morning of course sporting my Texans gear representing the Texans in Asia.

GET LOUD HOUSTON!

NBCs-Wild-Card-Saturday.jpg

The last time the Houston Texans faced the Cincinnati Bengals, they clinched their first AFC South title for their first playoff appearance.

Houston has not won since.

After limping into the playoffs following three straight losses, the Texans host a Bengals team seeking its first postseason victory in 21 years Saturday at Reliant Stadium.

Making just his second career start after Matt Schaub (foot) and Matt Leinart (collarbone) suffered season-ending injuries in consecutive weeks, Texans rookie quarterback T.J. Yates led fourth-quarter scoring drives of 83 and 80 yards, respectively, in a 20-19 come-from-behind victory at Cincinnati on Dec. 11.

His game-winning 6-yard scoring pass to Kevin Walters with six seconds left extended Houston’s franchise-record winning streak to seven. It also allowed the Texans (10-6) to celebrate their division title in the locker room after they watched Tennessee lose to New Orleans.

It would be hard to call the Texans lucky with the number of injuries they’ve overcome this season. Arian Foster was third in the NFL with 1,841 yards from scrimmage, but he missed two games at the beginning of the season with a hamstring injury. Houston has not had All-Pro linebacker Mario Williams (pectoral) in the lineup since October following his season-ending injury, while All-Pro wide receiver Andre Johnson has played just seven games due to injuries to both hamstrings.

Johnson returned in Sunday’s 23-22 loss to the Titans following a three-game absence, but Yates played just one series after suffering a bruised left shoulder when he was sacked on his first snap.

Yates, though, is expected to start after backup Jake Delhomme played for the first time since being signed Nov. 29.

Kubiak also had a chance to rest many of his regulars last Sunday - including Foster and tight end Owen Daniels - with the No. 3 seed already clinched, but losing three straight was not how the Texans wanted to head into their first playoff game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=At.KqNlHuwLLUuNIONVeRShDubYF?gid=20120107034

n569sy.jpg

141kugz.jpg

30ttov8.jpg

What I want to see:

Come out throwing and feed 80.

Cincy knows what we do. That being said, they haven't seen
2v7z4lx.jpg
yet. With no Leon Hall for the Bengals, it's time we exploit Adam "waka waka" Jones and/or Nate Clements with some deep attempts, as they are kind of weak there. The boots can keep them off-balance, too. Keep the Bengals uncomfortable all day and make their defense struggle every down they are on the field. It's time to UNLEASH this man on the nation, and Cincy's first on the list.

"Rally 'round the family, with a pocket of shells"

You already know what it is, fam. It's time to bring out that physical D that the 'Burgh saw. Punch these boys in the mouth early and often before they hit us first. One thing about the postseason, momentum in these games mean a lot. Let's hurt them early with some sacks, hurries, 3rd down stops, big hits, you name it. Turnovers will come, just pick your spots. Slow down Gresham, be careful with the deep balls to AJ and, of course, stuff the run.

Namaste, 44 and the O-Line.

We'll throw it when the time calls for it. However, Foster, Tate and that bad ass offensive line will have to be on their jobs Saturday afternoon. Tate had himself a good day in Cincy, but fumbled away a potential TD inside the 2. As for Arian; 15 carries for 41 yards won't cut it this week. Exploiting their run D like Baltimore did will be what the Texans will look to do on Saturday. Mike Briesel's return will no doubt help the OL.

Absolutely, positively NO TURNOVERS.

T.J. cannot make that throw he made in Cincinnati that gave Reggie Nelson an easy INT. Eric Winston can't let Carlos Dunlap and/or Michael Johnson get by him and give them free shots at Yates, which could lead to easy sack/fumbles, changing momentum. Foster, Tate...no fumbles. This is the type of game where you could have a lead of 3-10 points, and on your chance to increase that lead, you turn it over and change ALL the momentum. Let's avoid that.

Bonus! Fellow texans fans...HAVE FUN!

I can't stress this enough. This is FOOTBALL. A game. Games are supposed to be FUN, especially when your team is playing meaningful football in January. So on Saturday afternoon, don't forget to have FUN (whether you are at the game, or at home, or at the bar with 300 of your closest friends.

ITS PLAYOFF TIME, FOLKS!!!!! Let's go 1-0, get to Baltimore and win the franchise's FIRST PLAYOFF GAME!

LETS MUTHA ****IN GO, TEXANS!!!!!

I gotta log into work and do some stuff a bit after midnight tonight. Hell, I might start drinking then. Of course, I won't last long this late at night, but I might make a few interesting middle of the night posts before I pass out. :facepalm:

Looks like I might be drunk from now until way past the time the game finishes.
That is if I don't pass out first, LOL!

I've been feeling pretty good for a couple of hours already. :toropalm:

At my current level of beer consumption, I should be awake by tomorrow afternoon. Or this afternoon since it's after midnight. So, I'm good. I'm thinking I won't be cooking tomorrow like I usually do for a game. I'm going to be hungover as hell tomorrow afternoon, so it looks like pizza delevery time tomorrow. LOL

Which is good. I freaking love Papa John's pizza and bread sticks.

At my current level of beer consumption, I should be awake by tomorrow afternoon. Or this afternoon since it's after midnight. So, I'm good. I'm thinking I won't be cooking tomorrow like I usually do for a game. I'm going to be hungover as hell tomorrow afternoon, so it looks like pizza delevery time tomorrow. LOL

Which is good. I freaking love Papa John's pizza and bread sticks.

Your writing/typing is still good.
You need a couple shots. :pirate:

I knew this was gonna be a sleepless night! I/m ready to blaze a path to Reliant right now!!

I will say this though! This has been the LONGEST week in the history of TEXAN football! Sometimes I think it's been longer than the 10 yrs we've waited getting here! I'm exhausted, and pumped up! THe crash is gonna happen, I just don't know when!! Lord, let it be after 7pm today when I'm passed out with a HUGE smile on my face!!

Let's BRING IT TEXAN FANS!! :toropalm:

I knew this was gonna be a sleepless night! I/m ready to blaze a path to Reliant right now!!

I will say this though! This has been the LONGEST week in the history of TEXAN football! Sometimes I think it's been longer than the 10 yrs we've waited getting here! I'm exhausted, and pumped up! THe crash is gonna happen, I just don't know when!! Lord, let it be after 7pm today when I'm passed out with a HUGE smile on my face!!

Sleepless in Pasadena as well, and even worse, been drinking. So I fear if I fall asleep, I won't wake up in time for the game! Happened to me on New Years day :smiliepalm:

But can you imagine the anticipation from the AFC Championship game to the Superbowl?!?! I don't know if I could wait 2 whole weeks!!!

GO Texans!

17hrs to go. Both saturday wildcard games are supposed to be streamed live from nbc website like they do for sunday night games. Gah move faster clock!

Is that for free? Or should I need to register?

Even more important, do you know if it will be available only for the US?

It just sucks when I want to see a video and it tells me that "this video is not available to your country"

Good morning everyone.

Screw it. I' sill up. I guess I'm ging to slee[ all day wand wake up for the game. I don't seem to be sobor at te time. LOL

12:00 in Germany. The game is broadcasted on ESPN American, as every other playoff-game.

Can't wait for the game to finally start...:fans:

12:00 in Germany. The game is broadcasted on ESPN American, as every other playoff-game.

Can't wait for the game to finally start...:fans:

in Italy we have that on sky (pay tv - original commentators)
also on a free tv but with italian commentators, I'd rather rip my eyes off and hear the english comment via radio

Good morning everyone.

Screw it. I' sill up. I guess I'm ging to slee[ all day wand wake up for the game. I don't seem to be sobor at te time. LOL

You're typing is messed up....you're drunk!

I really can't sleep. Got work from 9 to 1 tomorrow. Get a good workout after that and I'll be home in time for my first ever wild card bowl. I can't watch this game with people unless Texans are up big.

I was able to put in about three hours of sleep myself. The sun isn't even out yet but I feel like kickoff is only minutes away. Very nice to finally register on the great forums here. What kind of music do you guys listen to early in the morning on game days? Go Texans!

I was able to put in about three hours of sleep myself. The sun isn't even out yet but I feel like kickoff is only minutes away. Very nice to finally register on the great forums here. What kind of music do you guys listen to early in the morning on game days? Go Texans!

Still haven't gone to sleep here in CA. Not sure I'll be able to anytime soon. Just pounding out tunes. Anywhere from Metallica to NFL Films to Eminem to Maiden to old NFL on CBS themes. Anything that gets me pumped up.

Back