Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-01-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dallas/NY

Romo's wrist/hand will be a factor.

His wrist and hand still looks significantly swollen.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Dallas/NY

Threw a wounded duck on 3rd down there. I think they'd have a better chance to win tonight with Kitna.
Old 01-01-2012   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Threw a wounded duck on 3rd down there. I think they'd have a better chance to win tonight with Kitna.
Kitna was IRed a few weeks back so he is not an option. Not a lot of confidense in these part by Cowboy fans, which is way out of character for that group.
Old 01-01-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Either the entire Cowgirls defense is just plain dumb or Robofat's scheme/teaching is messed up.

They look like dogmeat.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on how the Cowpies have played in the 1st halve, they are toast.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #6
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

sad jerry

http://cjzero.com/gifs/JerrySad.gif
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Kitna was IRed a few weeks back so he is not an option. Not a lot of confidense in these part by Cowboy fans, which is way out of character for that group.

Shows how much i care or know about the Cowboys lol.
Old 01-01-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Either the entire Cowgirls defense is just plain dumb or Robofat's scheme/teaching is messed up.

They look like dogmeat.
Buddy's boys must both be into toes.
Each one has put his foot in his mouth prior to playing the Giants.

I just love it.
Old 01-01-2012   #9
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

how bout those cowboys?!?!?!?!

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
how bout those cowboys?!?!?!?!
You just know there will be a slew of Cowboys fans in Texas who are rooting for us to lose next Saturday so they can drag us into their misery.

Not all of them, but a large portion (IMO) will do just that. They don't like the idea that they're not the schiznit in Texas. They're the big brother who doesn't like to share toys with little brother.

Someone remind me again why Tony Romo is always this next-best-thing QB every off-season and leading into the reg season every year? Jerry Jones has had a world of trouble with QBs since #8 retired.
Old 01-01-2012   #11
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

i put this in another thread but thought it was funny

[IMG][/IMG]
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You just know there will be a slew of Cowboys fans in Texas who are rooting for us to lose next Saturday so they can drag us into their misery.

Not all of them, but a large portion (IMO) will do just that. They don't like the idea that they're not the schiznit in Texas. They're the big brother who doesn't like to share toys with little brother.

Someone remind me again why Tony Romo is always this next-best-thing QB every off-season and leading into the reg season every year? Jerry Jones has had a world of trouble with QBs since #8 retired.
Seems like the Cowboy fans I come across are more condescending than that. they sort don't root for or against us and think our little play-off run this year is cute or something like the first time an older brother finds out his little brother has a girlfriend.
Old 01-01-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Seems like the Cowboy fans I come across are more condescending than that. they sort don't root for or against us and think our little play-off run this year is cute or something like the first time an older brother finds out his little brother has a girlfriend.
Ah, I see. Well, you're in that neck of woods and I'm not.

Thanks for the insight on it.

So it's more of a deal of "Well, well, well.....look what we have here! Does my little bro have a date with a REAL girl?!?!? Congrats, bro. Don't mess it up. And if you want some pointers, just ask me and I'll help you out. OK? You two kids have a good time on your date. I hear Chuck E. Cheese is nice this time of year!"

Something like THAT? Like Ben Affleck in the movie Dazed & Confused.

Old 01-01-2012   #14
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun night tonight. I invited all of my Cowboy fan friends over and enjoyed watching my Giants lay the wood to them.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Fun night tonight. I invited all of my Cowboy fan friends over and enjoyed watching my Giants lay the wood to them.
Oh yeah. You have both your teams in the playoffs this year.

Congrats.

It's a virtual cornucopia of NFL goodness for you, huh?
Old 01-01-2012   #16
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh yeah. You have both your teams in the playoffs this year.

Congrats.

It's a virtual cornucopia of NFL goodness for you, huh?
Yeah man, however a Giants vs Texans SB would not be fun. For the record though if that happened I would be firmly on the Texans side.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah man, however a Giants vs Texans SB would not be fun. For the record though if that happened I would be firmly on the Texans side.
Man, I understand the aingst of that situation. I grew up in Wisconsin and they inject the cheese into you before 5 years old. However, in the Super Bowl, the Texans would be the #1 team. Love watching both of them, but the Texans are the girl I would take to the dance.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Ah, I see. Well, you're in that neck of woods and I'm not.

Thanks for the insight on it.

So it's more of a deal of "Well, well, well.....look what we have here! Does my little bro have a date with a REAL girl?!?!? Congrats, bro. Don't mess it up. And if you want some pointers, just ask me and I'll help you out. OK? You two kids have a good time on your date. I hear Chuck E. Cheese is nice this time of year!"

Something like THAT? Like Ben Affleck in the movie Dazed & Confused.

funny...but yeah. forgetting that he (the cowboys) don't have enough recent good history with girls (the playoffs) to be giving advise to anybody.
Old 01-03-2012   #19
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've told my wife that if indeed that did happen, that I would have to stay home alone and watch it... I'd wouldn't have a good time at the party we would be going to. Being a NY fan for 35 years and a Texans fan for 10.. it's a win/lose scenario for me. I would love to see it happen though !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read