Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #21
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MarkBerman -- TJ Yates suffered an AC joint separation in his left shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Is a banged up Yates better than a healthy Delhomme? Thats what we need to figure out....
The great thing about the Titans game was that we got to actually see Jake as opposed to just wondering what could do.

I can safely say - no, an injured rookie is not a better bet than this healthy, experienced for Super Bowl QB.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #22
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MarkBerman -- TJ Yates suffered an AC joint separation in his left shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Delhomme hung in a pocket unlike the old Delhomme would. My memories of old Delhomme was a guy always running around and getting into trouble with bad decisions. Erratic.

I saw a Delhomme today who looked pretty dang good all things considered. Most of his throws were tight and in the right spot, a few were high, but overall he made all throws...something Leinart was NOT doing.

Would Kubiak consider yanking Yates if he's struggling in the playoff game? I would heavily consider it based on TODAY'S Delhomme. Not stirring a pot, just saying today's Delhomme was adequate enough to be an option if Yates bogs down bad enough to warrant a switch.
I will have to disagree with this.

The old saying is true, if your stupid today you will be stupid tomorrow, meaning you are who you are. He is a turnover waiting to happen. He is in talks with Hostess about rolling out his own line of turnovers with his name on it.

He is so bad he makes Rosencopter look like the pinnacle for ball security.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #23
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more worried about the Bengals pass rush than I was about the Titans pass rush. Yates has turtled some, but Delhomme has a history of becoming erratic in the playoffs. Yates probably doesn't have the accuracy that Delhomme has on the deep ball, but Yates has proven he can beat the Bengals.

I agree that it's a toss up, but I say you start Yates, and if things aren't looking good, you bring in Delhomme, but Yates has more time in the system
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

The old saying is true, if your stupid today you will be stupid tomorrow, meaning you are who you are. He is a turnover waiting to happen. He is in talks with Hostess about rolling out his own line of turnovers with his name on it.

So there's no point in the school system?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #25
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

well, crap. We need an endless supply of qbs.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #26
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Yates was on the sideline moving around freely with no restraint on his non throwing arm congratulating people when plays were made etc/etc.. I think this is much to do about nothing.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #27
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Rep Power: 57899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:

I really have a hard time with this assumption. Are you comparing the 2011 Texans to the 2010 Browns?

Are you saying that someone who throws many INT's behind a line that was one of the worst in the league would also throw the same INT's behind one of the best lines in the league?

The situation, personnel, etc were all different and to say Delhomme is what he was when he played for the Browns is a bit unfair and biased.

I like Yates and commend him for what he has accomplished, but on a treacherous mountain road, (the playoffs) I would rather have an experienced bus driver who knows the route inside and out, even if he does have a few fender benders, than a wounded rookie on his first trip.

If you take the wait and see approach, the bus may already be off the cliff.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2012   #28
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

We should postpone the future and rely on the past
Old 01-02-2012   #29
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey TJ you have a tear...go into the locker room and then come out looking like something is wrong with your shoulder still. We're gonna let Jake play out the game to get some snaps. This way whoever we plays has to watch film on him and you. Good job today kid.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #30
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
The great thing about the Titans game was that we got to actually see Jake as opposed to just wondering what could do.

I can safely say - no, an injured rookie is not a better bet than this healthy, experienced for Super Bowl QB.
Don't forget how good Yates looked on that 1st drive.

Did you notice the rather exotic play selection of the 1st drive? I think the biggest issue is that the Texans offense can do much more with Yates because he has been in the system much longer. If you noticed, the running game got simpler when Delhomme entered the game. Also, I think simply managing a huddle is difficult for Delhomme because of his unfamiliarity with the West Coast language.
Old 01-02-2012   #31
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Hey TJ you have a tear...go into the locker room and then come out looking like something is wrong with your shoulder still. We're gonna let Jake play out the game to get some snaps. This way whoever we plays has to watch film on him and you. Good job today kid.
I was coming here to post something similar to this. I think it was just a perfect excuse to give Jake some reps in a real game without taking away from TJ's confidence on Saturday.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #32
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw TJ throwing warmups prior to the 2nd half. He had a lot of steam on the ball. I think he'll be fine and should get the start. I think Delhomme is still rusty, inaccurate, and possibly less athletic than Schaub. Gotta go with the kid.
Old 01-02-2012   #33
kingh99

Quote:
Delhome sucks. He sucks so bad the Browns dumped his ass and he was pig farming a few weeks ago.

Was Reliant built on an ancient Indian burial ground? This is insane that year in and year out we have so many injuries. I think the curse lies next door. It's time to blow up the Astrodome.
I agree. Level the Dome. Let the spirits return to rest next to, not under us.
Old 01-02-2012   #34
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I saw TJ throwing warmups prior to the 2nd half. He had a lot of steam on the ball. I think he'll be fine and should get the start. I think Delhomme is still rusty, inaccurate, and possibly less athletic than Schaub. Gotta go with the kid.
And besides, it gives you another bullet in your gun in the event Yates is having an off day. Vet to the rescue. Unless the opponent is just rolling in which case it's vet to the sacrifice.
Old 01-02-2012   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Kubiak on TJ Yates: "Hes feeling pretty good today. Hes sore... All indications are that hell be ready to go next weekend." #Texans
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Most likely scenario, IMO.

Good job of summarizing/describing.
Old 01-02-2012   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Kubiak on TJ Yates: "Hes feeling pretty good today. Hes sore... All indications are that hell be ready to go next weekend." #Texans
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
HT Twitter:

Quote:
HoustonTexans Houston Texans
Kubiak: Yates good at preparation. Gampelan knowledge is good, quick thinker on field, sharp on gameday, handles the group well.
6 minutes ago
Quote:
Houston Texans
Kubiak: If Yates can play, he's going to play. Was sharp yesterday. He's best QB for our football team.
7 minutes ago
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Texans
Kubiak: If Yates can play, he's going to play. Was sharp yesterday. He's best QB for our football team.
7 minutes ago
Well, that settles that.
/thread
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read