Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2012   #141
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Bungles next week in Wild Card Playoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He is not any different. That was a very small sample. Jake had like 3 good seasons in this league as a starter and Steve Smith and that running game always made him look better than what he was. We won't be seeing any revived Jake Delhomme, because there wasn't much to try and revive with what he was.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him start over Yates. We're screwed either way with either one of these guys. Maybe Kubiak would trust Jake a little more though.
Well if Steve Smith and the run game always made him look better than he was then I'm comfortable with Andre/Arian/Ben/Derrick helping him be decent enough if need be.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #142
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Seriously? The Falcons are not a 'weak' team. Houston crushed the Titans on the road and I don't quite understand why you would leave out the Steelers, but it's probably because it would hurt any argument you would have.

Now let's look at those three losses, shall we? The Titans game yesterday Houston was resting Yates, Foster, Joseph, Daniels and pretty much every starter after the third. Still they only lost by one point because they didn't want to take the game into overtime and risk an injury. Both the New Orleans and Baltimore games were tight late in the game and both were on the road. The Ravens and Saints had a combined 16-0 record at home.

I understand Houston hasn't always played playoff teams this well, but this Houston team actually handled their business against good teams this year.
Yeah, seriously. A 3rd string QB handled the Falcons. They are streaky therefore they can be shut down. Kinda like us.

I didn't leave the Steelers out for the reason you listed. A single win does not define a trend... Also, I don't consider the Steelers to be a "weaker" team but since you brought them up... didn't we take advantage of an injured Roethlisberger, Harrison, Mendenhall, and Smith? In addition, the Steelers had already been decimated with injuries at the time.

I'd say that the Ravens and Saints handled THEIR business but after wearing some battle red sunglasses, I can see your argument. I guess.

FWIW, I thought we played very well but results matter. Already went through this "close but no cigar" song and dance the last couple years. Saturday's game is results coming to fruitition. Now we must go on a winning streak among the elite and our Kubiak-marred history is NOT on our side.

It's a new season though. All or nothing.
Old 01-02-2012   #143
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Yeah, seriously. A 3rd string QB handled the Falcons. They are streaky therefore they can be shut down. Kinda like us.

I didn't leave the Steelers out for the reason you listed. A single win does not define a trend... Also, I don't consider the Steelers to be a "weaker" team but since you brought them up... didn't we take advantage of an injured Roethlisberger, Harrison, Mendenhall, and Smith? In addition, the Steelers had already been decimated with injuries at the time.

I'd say that the Ravens and Saints handled THEIR business but after wearing some battle red sunglasses, I can see your argument. I guess.

FWIW, I thought we played very well but results matter. Already went through this "close but no cigar" song and dance the last couple years. Saturday's game is results coming to fruitition. Now we must go on a winning streak among the elite and our Kubiak-marred history is NOT on our side.

It's a new season though. All or nothing.
I don't agree with your opinion of the Falcons. I think they're a legitimate contender and I believe they will beat the Giants this week. I could easily see them being the dark horse in the NFC.

If saying the Baltimore and New Orleans games were close games on the road against teams that didn't have one loss at home is looking at it with battle red glasses then I guess that's how I see those games. Those teams both being 8-0 at their place I thought said quite a bit about the games. Guess we'll just disagree here.

I thought Houston handled their business against the good teams in the league. Wins on the road against the Titans & Bengals and home wins against the Falcons & Steelers are legitimate (IMO).

I agree with you about the playoffs being a new season. Win or lose this weeks game will be the biggest game this franchise has seen in it's ten years of existence. Hopefully they'll come away with a win. Go Texans!
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #144
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Can you imagine the new energy and the "second chance" type feelings guys like Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia are feeling right now?

They're in the playoffs, and might even get called upon if Yates gets hurt or struggles.

I saw a different Delhomme than the one who crashed at Cleveland. If he has to come into the game, I'm not panicking about it.
I am hoping for it and looking forward to it. I think even Schaub would have looked bad with Cleveland. Your teammates matter. I'm not holding the Cleveland experience against Jake, as they were horrendous.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #145
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Well if Steve Smith and the run game always made him look better than he was then I'm comfortable with Andre/Arian/Ben/Derrick helping him be decent enough if need be.
If you're confident with Jake Delhomme going into the playoffs, than I have nothing else I can really say. You'd think anybody out there would be a good choice if he puts on a Texans uniform. No point in really discussing it than.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #146
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Only the Bengals, Titans and Raiders remain eligable for the 6th seed. With the Chargers beating down on the Raiders, that would eliminate the Raiders and Titans. Which means we get the Bengals next week.

So, who's the QB for the Texans I wonder. Delhome or TJ? TJ beat the Bengals at their place in a very meaningful game for both teams.
Easy old man!!! This isn't "the Bungles" of old.. They've lost the "circus" that was Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer et al...
Old 01-02-2012   #147
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If you're confident with Jake Delhomme going into the playoffs, than I have nothing else I can really say. You'd think anybody out there would be a good choice if he puts on a Texans uniform. No point in really discussing it than.

Excuse me? Where did I say I'd rather have Jake Delhomme starting over TJ Yates? I'm not comfortable with either of them, but I'd much rather go with TJ.

I'm just using the logic you put forth.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2012   #148
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts on our 1st playoff game match up
Positives
1 We are at home and I expect our crowd to be CRAZY LOUD

2 I don't see the Texans having 4 fumbles 3 lost and a INT (4 Turn Overs at home no way)

3 AJ being back will create more space for running game plus AJ in passing game

4 OD had a big game 7-100yds we had no Casey he will create a mismatch as well

5 I think Wade with a 2nd crack at Dalton is a positive

6 D. Manning back on KO returns

Negatives

1 Caldwell needs help big time

2 Foster worst game of year was held to 41 rush yds

3 Only 1 sack by our def

4 A.J. Green is a tuf cover speed size leaping ability

5 Texans OLine gave up 5 sacks

Final thought both teams have a rookie QB so slight edge to dalton he played all year.
Texans won the last game while losing turn over battle 4 to 1 if we can keep the turn overs down to 1 or fewer we should win

my prediction
HOU 20 - CIN 13
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read