Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2012   #121
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Bungles next week in Wild Card Playoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Actually...that's a stat I forgot all about but was bought up last time. I think the Bengals are like winless (or maybe won one game?) against teams over .500
NEVER brings up things like this! The Texans love to break these kind of streaks/records! Like how a 10 plus win team has never lost to a 1 win team, until the Texans did it. This actually has me even more worried than before. Seriously.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #122
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans should wear all white for this game. Either that or Blue tops white pants...
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #123
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals were 1-7 versus winning teams this year (if I recall from the tv yesterday)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #124
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Bengals were 1-7 versus winning teams this year (if I recall from the tv yesterday)
With that lone win @ Tennessee.
Old 01-02-2012   #125
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
experience means nothing if you're a bad player, which Delhomme
is. i'll take "skill" over "non-skill" any day.
Yates has little more measurable skill than Delhomme. Yates threw a late game red zone TD pass late at Cincy that was great. Jake did the same yesterday with 2nd and 3rd string players on his offense vs 1st stringers on the Titans defense. Whatever edge youth provides is wasted on him because he doesn't know what to do with it in a pressure situation.

I hope we go with Jake to start, and if not, I hope Gary gets him in the game when we still have a chance to win it.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #126
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine the new energy and the "second chance" type feelings guys like Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia are feeling right now?

They're in the playoffs, and might even get called upon if Yates gets hurt or struggles.

I saw a different Delhomme than the one who crashed at Cleveland. If he has to come into the game, I'm not panicking about it.
Old 01-02-2012   #127
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Historically, our numbers are about the same... but this year we managed to go 4-3 by beating the "weaker" winning teams such as the Bengals, Falcons, and Titans.

Slow and steady is the Texans way.
Old 01-02-2012   #128
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
I think the Texans should wear all white for this game. Either that or Blue tops white pants...
Blue jersey, white pants according to the Texans spokesman.

Quote:
NickScurfield Nick Scurfield

Blue jersey, white pants (standard home unis) RT @TexansFan2000: What is color combo for uniforms for Saturdays game. Thanks & GO TEXANS
Old 01-02-2012   #129
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate speculation, but its hard to ignore that the texans may have started tj to get jake caught up on the play book. Over 20 points with backups. I had a little peace of mind watching el homme.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #130
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I saw a different Delhomme than the one who crashed at Cleveland. If he has to come into the game, I'm not panicking about it.
I agree... It was his first action in over a year, playing with scrubs at the skill positions and on the line, and i think he looked purdy damn good...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #131
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Saturday cant get here soon enough. I'M F"ING pumped!!

I even changed the writing on the wall on my av to, "Bungholes Suck"

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #132
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Dungy and Harrison hate us, every week they find a way to disrespect us, all season long

Why do some of you keep saying the game is on Saturday? The date and time has not been announced yet so how can anyone say that?
Actually Rodney Harrison picked us to beat the Bengals. Home field advantage, Wade's defense, and the running game.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #133
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

why dont we wear all white anymore or all blue that looked cool IMO

I think all teams should have a all white uniform worked for the colts n bills ....... LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #134
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Can you imagine the new energy and the "second chance" type feelings guys like Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia are feeling right now?

They're in the playoffs, and might even get called upon if Yates gets hurt or struggles.

He is not any different. That was a very small sample. Jake had like 3 good seasons in this league as a starter and Steve Smith and that running game always made him look better than what he was. We won't be seeing any revived Jake Delhomme, because there wasn't much to try and revive with what he was.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him start over Yates. We're screwed either way with either one of these guys. Maybe Kubiak would trust Jake a little more though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #135
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling the Texans Defense is gonna have a field day come Saturday!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #136
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Hahaha hilarious sig False Start
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #137
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6475 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #138
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Historically, our numbers are about the same... but this year we managed to go 4-3 by beating the "weaker" winning teams such as the Bengals, Falcons, and Titans.

Slow and steady is the Texans way.
Seriously? The Falcons are not a 'weak' team. Houston crushed the Titans on the road and I don't quite understand why you would leave out the Steelers, but it's probably because it would hurt any argument you would have.

Now let's look at those three losses, shall we? The Titans game yesterday Houston was resting Yates, Foster, Joseph, Daniels and pretty much every starter after the third. Still they only lost by one point because they didn't want to take the game into overtime and risk an injury. Both the New Orleans and Baltimore games were tight late in the game and both were on the road. The Ravens and Saints had a combined 16-0 record at home.

I understand Houston hasn't always played playoff teams this well, but this Houston team actually handled their business against good teams this year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #139
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
umm, i think the spelling is a tad off...
Old 01-02-2012   #140
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Cincinnats Bengals?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read