Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #61
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't blame him and I trust that it is his honest opinion. This game could go either way, but I'm hoping the Texans can squeak out a win, even if it's only a one point victory.
Nah. I figured someone...Patrick, Dungy, or Harrison...would EVENTUALLY mention the Texans sandbagged 90% of today's game and was a 2-pt. conversion away from beating Titans starters.

But no, that wasn't important information when considering our chances next weekend. No mention of the Ravens beating the Bengals today. No analysis regarding the Bengals' loss record vs playoff teams compared to their record vs non-playoff teams. That would be too hard for them to utilize and discuss.

When asked which AFC South is the best, Rodney Harrison chose his old team, the Patriots. Shocker!

Boomer Esiason, today, emphatically picked his old team the Bengals to beat the Ravens.

It's just funny to watch these guys go goo-goo ga-ga over their old teams. Sentimental fools.

Yes, our game might be a close one. But those two guys on NBC acted like we already lost it. LOL.
Old 01-01-2012   #62
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Bungles next week in Wild Card Playoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
essentially they're the 08 Dolphins. beat all the teams they should and none they shouldn't.
I was actually thinking the Bucs of last year when I posted it.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
essentially they're the 08 Dolphins. beat all the teams they should and none they shouldn't.
We had a season or two similar to that. Our wins were vs normal teams and our losses were vs great teams.

A few posters pointed it out, and it was a good predictor (most of the time) of how we'd do in upcoming games.
Old 01-01-2012   #64
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I think you saw what I saw, which would suggest the winner of Hou/Cincy would play NE, because it was laid out like a bracket... However, under New Englend it says they'll play the lowest seed that advances, and under Baltimore it says they'll play the Highest seed that advances... Texans would be highest seed to advance if they win, meaning they'd play Baltimore... If Cincy wins, seeing they're the #6 seed, they'd get New England...
Makes sense. Thanks to all for the clarification.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #65
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47109 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Dungy and another guy on NBC pregame show, just now, said the Texans have lots of problems on defense...look shaky...and that the Bengals should win.

It's as if they didn't realize we played 2nd and 3rd stringers on BOTH sides of the ball.

These guys on TV stage sets, they're not even analyzing things. Texans lost today, so that means Bengals will win.

Amazing.
Dungy hates Houston for some reason. We never beat him but he has an ax to grind.

We lost today because this was a non important game to us. It looked like preseason out there today. Seriously, who goes for two in that situation?

We are going to kill the Bengals.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #66
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Cincy: 1-7 vs winning teams. Best wins: (9-7) Tenn and (8-8) Arizona.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #67
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Cincy: 1-7 vs winning teams. Best wins: (9-7) Tenn and (8-8) Arizona.
Yep. Like I said, we stand an excellent chance of winning our very first playoff game. It's the second one I'm worried about.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2012   #68
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47109 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yep. Like I said, we stand an excellent chance of winning our very first playoff game. It's the second one I'm worried about.
We are just going to have to take a deep deep breath and keep telling ourselves we are not the Oilers, we can make it out of the second round of the playoffs.

Old 01-01-2012   #69
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
MAN THE HELL UP, SISTERBOY! THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!
What's a sisterboy?
Old 01-01-2012   #70
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
What's a sisterboy?
I'm sure if you google it, you will find lots of pics. Please don't post them here.

Old 01-01-2012   #71
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #72
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only the Bengals, Titans and Raiders remain eligable for the 6th seed. With the Chargers beating down on the Raiders, that would eliminate the Raiders and Titans. Which means we get the Bengals next week.

So, who's the QB for the Texans I wonder. Delhome or TJ? TJ beat the Bengals at their place in a very meaningful game for both teams.
TJ starts, Jake finishes.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #73
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
TJ starts, Jake finishes.
Why do you say that?

Old 01-01-2012   #74
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

The time & date of the playoff game is going to be announced during halftime of the Dallas/Giants game
Old 01-01-2012   #75
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
The time & date of the playoff game is going to be announced during halftime of the Dallas/Giants game
Thanks Kimmy!! I was wondering when! I wanna go to bed!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #76
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why do you say that?
I think that Gary might just be intent on starting TJ regardless of his injury status and inexperience, but I think that TJ won't be up to the pressure of a playoff game and that Gary will have to call on Jake to try to salvage a win.

Pundits will observe that the Bengals have a rookie QB too. That is true in the strictest sense of the word, but I don't consider Dalton a rookie any more, just as I wouldn't call JJ Watt or Brooks Reed rookies. They have all seen enough NFL snaps in my view, while TJ hasn't.

I truly believe that our best bet in the playoffs is Jake plus our running game plus our defense. Obviously just my opinion.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #77
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

The game will be on Saturday at 4:30est.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #78
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
The game will be on Saturday at 4:30est.
Has this been announced yet?

Old 01-01-2012   #79
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Has this been announced yet?
It will be in about 5 mins on Nbc's halftime show.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #80
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
It will be in about 5 mins on Nbc's halftime show.
Yep, he's right

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read