Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2012   #161
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why People Are Angry That We Rested Our Starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
First, the Titans were trying to run out the clock and with less than 3 minutes to go in the game. No one expected us to get the ball back again. Thanks to a good lick by Dobbins and an alert play by Nading we did. But that was a total surprise. So when would you start having the first teamers warm up?

Second, those backup linemen were good enough to provide Delhomme with sufficient protection to allow him to go 5 of 6 on that drive and get the TD. They were doing their job on the scoring drive. What would make anyone think they wouldn't get the job done on the two pt. conversion?

So how would you have felt, as a 2nd or 3rd team player, having done the work to get the ball back, march down the field and score, only to have the coach yank you for the freakin' extra point? That's why Kubiak and Phillips have this locker room, they show that they believe in the "next man up" to get the job done.

Speaking of "feelings", I'll bet Dreessen feels pretty bad about that illegal motion thing on the conversion attempt. The way he jumped off the line, on that first attempt, I'm thinking he was the primary target. Even though we were in two-back, run formation, he sure didn't look like he was getting into a blocking stance. He looked to be headed to the end zone. And I bet it would have worked.
Oh Obsi, puh-leeze!

Some dude named Austin is at center and he's going to get his feeweens hurt if he gets yanked in favor of the starter, Chris Myers??? This is going to "lose the locker room" for Kubiak? Pretty poor talking point to choose, Obsi. If he doesn't understand the move, then he's dense. He should be thankful he has a chance at a Super Bowl ring. Where would a guy like Austin get the idea that he got robbed in that situation? LOL. A win is a win, deal with it Mr. Austin.

Instead, the situation looked like the last preseason game where Kubiak is evaluating players for who will make the roster and who won't. That was my beef with it: This is a regular season, divisional game with momentum to gain by closing out with a win. Instead, we whimpered out like we did when Schaub floated an easy interception into the end zone at the Raiders game this year.

Dreeseen, man I felt super bad for him. I guess the snap count was understood by everyone but him, or he thought he heard the final snap call get yelled out by Delhomme...regardless, "Yeah, it sucked that it happened to him when he's been pretty clutch for us these past few years. That's not in his DNA, and I felt bad for him."

Look, this is all getting tired and old. It's been beaten like a dead horse for two days now. A last little "dig" at the Titans and their owner would have been nice, IMO, but it is what it is and now we're looking at Saturday's game. Go Texans.
Old 01-02-2012   #162
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy we can tell this is the first time to the playoffs
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #163
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Boy we can tell this is the first time to the playoffs
LOL. I know, right?

The Jags, Titans, and Colts fans on their message boards are talking about what off-season moves will happen with their respective teams. We know what THAT feels like, huh?

But not this year. This year, WE got another game! Woo-hoo!!!!!
Old 01-02-2012   #164
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Not going to dig through this whole thread so I may be echoing what someone else has said.....but there is no way in hell I would want to play the Titans in the 1st round.

They are a divisional opponent so they already know us too well to play 3 times. Also, can you imagine losing to the fuqng Titans in the playoffs?!?!?!?!?!

No effing thank you........I don't feel like having to throw myself off a bridge.

IMO it was asinine for Kubes to take an obvious "just another game" approach to yesterday. That is the same shit they pulled when playing the Cowfuqs.

I would rather play the Bengals or ANYONE else in the playoffs for our 1st time ever in the tournament with so many injuries and such a high chance of losing. Lose to the Tits in the playoffs....again....no thanks.

Going for the 2 after that penalty IMO showed that Kubes just wanted the game over.

I have a lot of thoughts on the game but don't have time to post them right now. I will say though that I am off the ledge as we are not going to play the Titans in the playoffs.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #165
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I might have to check out the other teams message boards and see if their fans are angry about sitting players. This year and previous years
Old 01-02-2012   #166
Wolf
100% Texan

I guess I am in the minority.. Screw the titans. They aren't that good and feel the texans would kick their ass if they played them

I am much more nervous about aj green,dalton and benson coming into town

Titans really don't have crap except Johnson
Old 01-02-2012   #167
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
That he is going to be here that long. I have wanted him gone for three years now.
You and me both Kimmy. 6 years of this loser and this board has become over run with Kubiak apologists. The man can do no wrong. My ignore list is growing.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2012   #168
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what is wrong with some of you.

As a fan base, we piss and moan for ten mostly miserable years, then when we are actually going to the playoffs, and have the luxury to make sure our starters that are banged up get some rest, yet people still find a reason to complain.

To GP (in re: putting the starters in for the 2pt conversion), yes, it's one play, just like the one play in TB were Schaub broke his foot. This is pro football where it takes one play to be out for the season.

I understand having a culture of winning, which is important, but this is just common sense. I'd rather have the starters as close to 100% when they have to play their next game against a hungry Bengals team than boost our win total and have those guys still banged up.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #169
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Oh Obsi, puh-leeze!

Some dude named Austin is at center and he's going to get his feeweens hurt if he gets yanked in favor of the starter, Chris Myers??? This is going to "lose the locker room" for Kubiak? Pretty poor talking point to choose, Obsi. If he doesn't understand the move, then he's dense. He should be thankful he has a chance at a Super Bowl ring. Where would a guy like Austin get the idea that he got robbed in that situation? LOL. A win is a win, deal with it Mr. Austin.

Instead, the situation looked like the last preseason game where Kubiak is evaluating players for who will make the roster and who won't. That was my beef with it: This is a regular season, divisional game with momentum to gain by closing out with a win. Instead, we whimpered out like we did when Schaub floated an easy interception into the end zone at the Raiders game this year.

Dreeseen, man I felt super bad for him. I guess the snap count was understood by everyone but him, or he thought he heard the final snap call get yelled out by Delhomme...regardless, "Yeah, it sucked that it happened to him when he's been pretty clutch for us these past few years. That's not in his DNA, and I felt bad for him."

Look, this is all getting tired and old. It's been beaten like a dead horse for two days now. A last little "dig" at the Titans and their owner would have been nice, IMO, but it is what it is and now we're looking at Saturday's game. Go Texans.
Yeah, we could be like the Titans, talking about where our holes are and who we should draft.

Instead, we gotz another game!!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read