Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2012   #121
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why People Are Angry That We Rested Our Starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Check this:

New England didn't rest their starters.

New Orleans didn't rest their starters.

49ers, Steelers, Ravens, not resting their starters either.

I know some of these team have seeding to think about, but if they were thinking like the Texans, when you're in you're in, right?

James Casey just said on the radio that the team learned Saturday that the Texans would be resting their starters.

I didn't even pay for a ticket, but if I had paid to see the Texans play I would be pissed with what they put on the field. But I have paid, in many, many ways

Jake was getting killed out there behind a kindergarten O-Line.

Plus, a loss is a loss. There is no way to rationalize a loss. How can anyone be cool with a friggin' loss?

All this "play to win" crap that Kubes has been giving us is horseshit. Nothing more! He lied.

Moreover, this loss only puts us 1 win over what they did in 2009. That's only 1 game up as the Texans went on a 3 game skid. That's not very much of a turnaround - because if we were not in such a shit division, 10-6 would probably have not have gotten us in.

Sure, the Texans could go all the way and win the Super Bowl...but if they don't - and especially if they keel over in the first playoff game, I want Kubes head on a pike at uncle Bob's next charity golf function.
I'm pretty sure off this post.... you don't know much about NFL football... For that I'm sorry... What we did yesterday was pretty common and given the circumstances a pretty good decision.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO ANY OF THOSE OTHER TEAMS.... NONE.

Last edited by Air Canada; 01-02-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #122
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, that's a scenario that hasn't happened...so it's not valid, IMO.

The scenario we have is this: Good offense for several years but crappy defense every year along with it, and then the defense turns around and equals the offense's output (it's first year out of the gate, btw)...BAM! we got a playoff game.

Had Wade Phillips been HC and we had a top defense all these years, and they bring in Gary Kubiak who shopped in the off-season for his groceries and brings home the bacon with us making the playoffs (a "flipped table" scenario) then I'm sitting here today saying all this about Kubiak not Phillips.

It's the nature of the beast. One came first, the other came next, but one pushed us over the top. It is what it is, IMO. I would have been saying Kubiak deserved the better seat at the table of honor here.
Well put. MSR
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #123
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 56366 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I believe as soon as you start talking about who you would rather play in the playoffs - whether it's the team talking about it, the media, or the fans - there is a hole inside of you somewhere where confidence used to live.

I don't give a damn who the Texans played this week, or who they play in the playoffs...I've paid, I want wins.
Buying a ticket does not guarantee wins. You are buying a ticket to be entertained, and while it is much more entertaining to see your team win, watching your team play is entertaining even if they lose. You get your money's worth either way.

I think beer prices should be more of a reason to be angry IMHO.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #124
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Buying a ticket does not guarantee wins. You are buying a ticket to be entertained, and while it is much more entertaining to see your team win, watching your team play is entertaining even if they lose. You get your money's worth either way.

Damn effing straight!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #125
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 85564 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i havent read many posts, but for those who were "forced to sit through" watching our backups, get over it. see the forest.

with as many injuries as we've suffered this season, including 3 all-pro's being on IR or missing most of the season (how many division winners can ever claim that?), i'm not sure how anyone can complain about us trying to get healthy going into the postseason. j-jo's been nursing muscle pains the whole season, we're going to need foster carrying the load, and our #1 receiver (daniels) needs his rest while our #1 weapon (AJ) needs little more than to knock the rust off.

we lose a starter per win ... forgive me if i'm content watching our future "next man up" guys make plays on a team that has barely survived (literally) to make it this far. and our backups made their point ... we were a few noobs away from delhomme winning with our preseason squad against a divisional opponent in full week 17 desperation mode.

Last edited by Scooter; 01-02-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #126
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to re watch but what ive seen i thought Jake and our backups played pretty good

im just glad jake got some reps something tells me hes going to see some time in the Post season "Knocks on wood:
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #127
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sounds to me like you had to many of those high priced beers before you made this post!!

I have NEVER missed a Texan home game, I fork over approx 700 bucks each game!!. I WAS NOT ENTERTAINED YESTERDAY, and I DEFINITELY DID NOT get my money's worth!!!

We played the hated Titans in a game that could have put them in the playoffs. HELLO!!! Take your enemy out when you have the chance, not wait and let them refuel and then come back and kick your ass!! JMO!! THANKS to the football gawds above we don't have to worry about that now, but, on any given Sunday anything can happen, and losing to the damn Titans two weeks in a row was JUST NOT acceptable thinking to me.

It's over now, and we have Cincy to worry about! I've been ticked off many times over the past ten years, and I'm sure yesterday won't be the last time. I'm a TEXAN fan, and I've certainly learned to take the bad with very little good! Our boys got us to the playoffs this year, and I'll ride the ride for as long as it last this year, and then I'll be back for more next year!!

GOOOOOO TEXANS!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2012   #128
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 56366 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Sounds to me like you had to many of those high priced beers before you made this post!!

I have NEVER missed a Texan home game, I fork over approx 700 bucks each game!!. I WAS NOT ENTERTAINED YESTERDAY, and I DEFINITELY DID NOT get my money's worth!!!

We played the hated Titans in a game that could have put them in the playoffs. HELLO!!! Take your enemy out when you have the chance, not wait and let them refuel and then come back and kick your ass!! JMO!! THANKS to the football gawds above we don't have to worry about that now, but, on any given Sunday anything can happen, and losing to the damn Titans two weeks in a row was JUST NOT acceptable thinking to me.

It's over now, and we have Cincy to worry about! I've been ticked off many times over the past ten years, and I'm sure yesterday won't be the last time. I'm a TEXAN fan, and I've certainly learned to take the bad with very little good! Our boys got us to the playoffs this year, and I'll ride the ride for as long as it last this year, and then I'll be back for more next year!!

GOOOOOO TEXANS!!!
LOL... I was drinking Rum actually but that is another story. (In My Best Jack Sparrow Voice)

Ouch $700 a game is allot, and I can surely understand how that might make you feel cheated when the 2's and 3's are in there. Having said that, I must ask you this however...

Are you saying that the big pictures does not matter to you, and that the actual loss or potential loss of a key player(s) in a game against that enemy is worth it knowing you have more important battles to fight?

While the outcome of the game was not as satisfying as a win, are you saying that you did not smile, nor be entertained at any point during the game?

There were allot of folks there today, some who spent less than you, and obviously some who spent more. I heard a great deal of cheering, allot of happy faces most of the game and I take that a sign that people were entertained. Again... not as entertaining or as satisfying an ending as we hope for, but entertaining none the less.

I felt like the 2's and 3's played hard out there and were very entertaining! I mean the ball getting knocked loose with a vicious hit from a backup player when all hope was lost was very entertaining. It wiped that silly smile right of Munchak's face.

A TD to pull within 1 point with seconds left to a player that has been virtually invisible all season long seems pretty entertaining to me. Heck even the ball getting snapped over Delhomme's head was pretty entertaining. Maddening, but entertaining none the less.

Was it worth $700? Hmmm... Only you can determine that, but in terms of entertainment, I think the game was filled with that until the final snap.

I can't imagine that Titans or their fans feel very good after knowing they could barely beat our bench warmers with so much on the line. That in itself has got to be worth something right?

Yeah the Titans won, but they are going home, and we are going to the Playoffs.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #129
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand the theory of resting starters Nitrofish, and I certainly understand the "entertainment" side of the coin. I'm old school, and I love the GAME of football, so yes, watching even the scrubs play should have been "entertaining." Against any other team maybe it would have been. I'm very competitive, and believe in taking out your enemy when you have the chance. If we played the game solely on all the "what ifs" you posted, this would be a very disappointing and boring game. There should be NO "what if's!!!" Just go out and play the friggin game and quit making it into something it wasn't intended to be. DISHONEST!! It leads to delusional thinking. For instance!! Say we win the SB. Every Titan fan in the hills of Tenn will be bragging about BEATING the SB winners!! Did they REALLY beat the SB winners?? Well, you get my point. It's a game, injuries are part of the game, and FEAR of injury is not a reason to quit the game!! JMO
Old 01-02-2012   #130
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Damn!! $700!!! No wonder you be pissed.
For that kinda money I better be sitting with Uncle Bob!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #131
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I was trying to cheer you guys up and entertain you with some sort of photoshopped picture of Braman on Alien guys head but it turns out I really suck at this kinda thing so I will just post both pictures and hope you get it.

Enjoy,
Matt.

-----

Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #132
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't have gone for the xtra point FG in a game that meant nothing to us, just to extend it into OT and risk more injury. We had Garret Graham playing LB guys.

Delhomme was getting hit. Wanna risk an injury to yet another QB?

If anything I was looking at our backups thinking about how our backups were making some plays. If Dobbins is going to hit like that, I'd like to have him in our playoff game alot more. I kept thinking that the backup team was the Texans team we used to see every Sunday before this season. Our really good team was sitting down eating sunflower seeds. To me that was encouraging going into the playoffs. And for us to have a chance to win at the end of the game - with our backups?

I wanted to be 11-5 before the seasons end, but 11-5 didn't give us the bye. Most of us feared in the middle of the season that this game was going to be the one to decide if we'd make the playoffs. It wasn't. We sealed it up. Be mad at the loss to the Colts and Panthers but not this one. Did those wins against Jville, Chicago and New England at the end of the season to make us 8-8 and 9-7 do anything for us? Nope. They didn't put us in the playoffs the following year.

And to all those who said it shows we are barely division champs in a Manningless AFC South guess what...the rest of the division didn't play against Manning either and they played mostly the same teams we played too and we even still loss to the Colts. Yet we didn't have our star starters for alot of games.

Oh and by the way.....we play this coming week. Alot of teams are doing what the Texans did for the past 10 years around this time.....WATCHING FOOTBALL!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #133
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 28959 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In this particular instance I was not referring to the monetary expenditures I've given to this team and the Houston team in the past, but since we're going there...

Football is a multi-billion dollar entertainment industry - and though I'm stating the obvious - I say this not expecting to be thoroughly entertained every time to my liking, yet I am expected to be entertained commiserate to the level of entertainment this particular industry has to offer. This is especially true for a city like Houston with such a rich football history, though we have not won a meaningful championship game since 1961 (and some would argue it wasn't that meaningful).

In other words, since there are different levels of entertainment, I'm expecting one of the highest out of football, specifically the Houston Texans. But what I feel I'm getting here - especially yesterday - is vaudeville, when I paid for Le Nozze di Figaro. So instead of getting Gottlob Frick, they're giving me Al Jolson. That's just not going to wash.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #134
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Damn!! $700!!! No wonder you be pissed.
For that kinda money I better be sitting with Uncle Bob!
You need to understand Grandma, this isn't for one ticket, she brings her whole gaggle with her. And since she is generous and wonderful, she treats.

Old 01-02-2012   #135
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

This may be sort of off topic, but I admire Foster and Andre. They didn't seem to mind sitting out (at least to me it didn't), even if it meant Foster not reaching 2,000 yards. Sort of rare to see NFL players having fun playing football and not worry about their individual stats.

Pay the man, Rick!
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #136
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 28959 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
I'm pretty sure off this post.... you don't know much about NFL football... For that I'm sorry... What we did yesterday was pretty common and given the circumstances a pretty good decision.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO ANY OF THOSE OTHER TEAMS.... NONE.
Ah, I see. It's come to someone resorting to personal jabs.

I understand the strategy of yesterday's game. Yesterday's game was a strategy of "acceptable losses." I come from a military background, where the theory of acceptable losses are as antiquated as the last time Canada was a major player on the world's stage, i.e. 1918.

Using our vast collective knowledge of the NFL, then, we might as well daintify our verbiage of the game and dispense with such battle hardened terms like, "in the trenches," "blitzing," the long bomb," ground attack" and a myriad other terms that typifies a hard as nails game where winning, above all else, has been the soup de jour for so many years, until now...when we've decided to emasculate the thing.

Because if we are going to continue to marry the two - real conflict and the one on the gridiron - then we're also going to have to accept that no loss is acceptable, not under any circumstances; just as much as every life is sacred, every win is sacred. Like life, once you lose that game, you're never going to get that chance back.

And it's this culture of winning - or rather, in the case of Houston, the death-culture of acceptable losses - that has kept a head coach in the losing column his whole career. It is what kept the British army safe at Gallipoli, while the Australians were used as cannon fodder (acceptable losses). It is what killed nearly 4,000 Canadians at Vimy Ridge (acceptable losses).

No, there are no acceptable losses.

(Unless we're here to have our milquetoast and eat it too.)
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #137
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, given that this game meant absolutely nothing to the standings or playoff position, I'm glad they rested the main guys. I would have been completely bummed to have Cushing, Ryans, Foster, AJ, OD ect... not be able to play next week because they got injured in a meaningless game. Plus, I actually like the young guys getting some actual game experience.

Hopefully the strategy pays off and we kick ass net week, when the game couldn't be more important.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #138
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can get being upset by not being entertained when you paid to be, but you do not have to attempt to further justify your frustration with the point quoted above, which is a poor one... Will the Bengals not be our enemy this Saturday? The Raiders wouldn't have been an enemy? Jets potential ally and coming to Reliant for peace talks? They all want the same thing: to beat the Texans and move on to the second round of the playoffs... None of them are our friends...

I was hoping to play one of two teams in the first round, the Jets or Titans... After yesterday, i was hoping more and more for the Titans...there would be no "refueling", what you saw is what you get from them, and that's a team that struggled against our second and third teamers... How could they feel confident in themselves coming in here for a playoff game knowing that what they saw week 7 probably wasn't an anomaly, that the Texans probably would have rolled them again had they really wanted to? And to think, they've only had to account for Dre 15 plays this year... Man, I'm actually almost pissed we're not playing them again...

But back to being entertained, besides not having your team's stars out there, how is having a team a two point conversion away from winning the game with 14 ticks on the clock not entertaining? I think it has more to do about who was not on the field, and not what happened on the field...

I'm glad most of our starters got a non-bye bye week... I think they needed the break more than a win... But we can all disagree to disagree, as it's not a big deal whatsoever in regards to the team and the rest of its season...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #139
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
You need to understand Grandma, this isn't for one ticket, she brings her whole gaggle with her. And since she is generous and wonderful, she treats.

Aaaah...
Okay. That makes sense.
I should have guessed.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #140
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Aaaah...
Okay. That makes sense.
I should have guessed.
LOL! Last year to do that too!!

Maybe I need to cut down on the amount of money I spend on tailgating every week, PLUS, all the extra's the kids con me out of during the game! What can I say, I'm a wuss when it comes to my grandkids!!

Money spent is truly NOT my point! I just believe in playing EVERY game to WIN! Guess that's my competitive spirit talking. I truly believe the fans are cheated when our best team is not out on that field, regardless of the circumstances!

I'm OLD SCHOOL people!!! I remember back in the day when playing pro football was sorta a second job. Those guys just went out and played the friggin game with all their heart and soul, limping on and off the field, played with broken bones, bruised ribs, whatever! This day and age a player gets a hangnail and he gets to ride the pine. I realize the game has escalated, and it's all about the money. Just stating my opinion, since this is what this board is for. I understand what they are doing and why, I just don't agree with that line of thinking. PLUS!! I LOVE to

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read