Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #81
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Wade played vanilla defense also.. not much scheming to show on game film
I have to say this: Bengals have 15 other games of film on us.

Today would not factor one way or another.

I wonder if Wade stays in booth next week, or goes sideline?
Old 01-01-2012   #82
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why People Are Angry That We Rested Our Starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Agree with EVERYTHING but the last line...because Kubiak is getting dynasty-type extension in this off-season. No doubt about it. He will.
After 6 years Kubiak is 47W and 49L.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #83
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
After 6 years Kubiak is 47W and 49L.
Sure.

But he's getting a new contract, so you know it will be a good, long contract.

Anybody thinking there's some sort of possibility McNair goes in a different direction is fooling themselves. Everyone here knows Kubiak is getting another 4 or 5 years.

The "dynasty" comment meant McNair views this as a prudent move as it relates to creating an image and stable future for the team.

Wade Phillips is a HUGE factor, though. He's the cog in the machine that sparked this season's playoff chances.
Old 01-01-2012   #84
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure.

But he's getting a new contract, so you know it will be a good, long contract.

Anybody thinking there's some sort of possibility McNair goes in a different direction is fooling themselves. Everyone here knows Kubiak is getting another 4 or 5 years.
That makes me sick to my stomach
Old 01-01-2012   #85
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
That makes me sick to my stomach
My take on it, or that it's inevitable that GK is going to be here no matter what?

I have mixed feelings. How can McNair even think about "going fishing" for a new HC? Wade Phillips turning the defense around was THE saving grace for GK.
Old 01-01-2012   #86
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My take on it, or that it's inevitable that GK is going to be here no matter what?

I have mixed feelings. How can McNair even think about "going fishing" for a new HC? Wade Phillips turning the defense around was THE saving grace for GK.
That he is going to be here that long. I have wanted him gone for three years now.
Old 01-01-2012   #87
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
That he is going to be here that long. I have wanted him gone for three years now.
Wade Phillips is to blame.

Wade should receive a white envelope from Kubiak that contains lots of cash.

Without a top defense, this team is last year's Texans. Period.
Old 01-01-2012   #88
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:

I don't want Wade as HC, either.

I know, can't please everyone :/
Old 01-01-2012   #89
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You don't think Kubiak and the offensive coaches deserve even the teeeeeeeeeeensiest amount of credit for coaching through Schaub/Leinart/Andre/Foster/Tate/Ward/Casey/Vickers/Hartmann/Brisel injuries?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #90
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Was this really a thread. We should risk hurting our chances to win a playoff game to try and win(what was for us) a preseason game. Now thats looking at the big picture.
Old 01-01-2012   #91
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
You don't think Kubiak and the offensive coaches deserve even the teeeeeeeeeeensiest amount of credit for coaching through Schaub/Leinart/Andre/Foster/Tate/Ward/Casey/Vickers/Hartmann/Brisel injuries?
Without a sound and credible d-coord in Wade Phillips, you prove my point with that post.

Plus, Wade came in on a lockout year. Worst defense the year prior. Top 3 defense his first year.

Without a great defense SYSTEM and better players, ones that Wade shopped for by the way, then I stand by my post.

It takes a team, and Wade's arrival created that TEAM. Previous years were marked by Kubiak's handling of d-coordinators. We were not a team, it was a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.

Hey, GK is the head coach. The whole show is HIS show. He gets to own this season, but he also owns all years prior too.

No reason we can't be adults and recognize that Wade Phillips' crew has by and large been the "it" factor. Wouldn't want him as HC, though.
Old 01-01-2012   #92
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i dont agree with that, we had a rookie in KJ and a second year CB in Quin, and then we had Wilson and Pollard at safety, say what you want but that is not a combination for success regardless of who you are. We now have Manning and JoJo which has made a dramatic difference.

You cant look at this season and not give kubiak some credit, Wade has lost Mario thats it, Kubiak has lost, Foster, Tate, Schaub, Leinart, AJ, Casey, Brisel. Now to me for us to still be 10-6 with all that has happened, despite all the offensive injuries kubiak still deserves some credit.

What kind of record do you think this team would have with the #3 ranked defense and #31 ranked offense, prob a lot worse than 10-6
Old 01-01-2012   #93
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

GP! Wish I could rep you for your post throughout this thread, but, must spread rep first!

#1 You play a GAME to WIN!! PERIOD!! It's that simple!!

#2 Fans pay BIGASS bucks to see their team WIN, esp against a division rival with possible playoff potential.

#3 Sitting your starters is CHEATING the fans!! I paid pretty close to $700 to watch crap football today, and I didn't appreciate that one damn bit!! If you have to lose a game, then lose it honestly!!

#4 It's a GAME of football, and with that comes injuries, etc. That's just the way the game is played. Take it in the gut and keep on playin!! If you all think six days is enough to REST those guys then you are all delusional!!

We are playing with a 3rd, and probably 4th string QB!! For gawds sake!! WHY can't you guys understand they need PRACTICE with the FIRST string if we have any chance in hell of winning in the playoffs!! I simply DO NOT understand this attitude that it's OK to rest your starters!! It's a game of football, not Daddy Daycare!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #94
wildroot
Veteran

Rep Power: 1945 wildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
.500 ball since Schaub went down....nothing to write home about.
wildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #95
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Aren't the players paid to win football games? It is that simple for me.
Old 01-01-2012   #96
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildroot View Post
.500 ball since Schaub went down....nothing to write home about.
i'm sorry but its hard to shot a gun with the wrong bullets. You can do it but the results may not be what u'd like. i hope you understand that.
Old 01-01-2012   #97
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 961 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

The only people that should be mad are me and the 71000 plus that were at the game...really would have liked a win...
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #98
wildroot
Veteran

Rep Power: 1945 wildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
GP! Wish I could rep you for your post throughout this thread, but, must spread rep first!

#1 You play a GAME to WIN!! PERIOD!! It's that simple!!

#2 Fans pay BIGASS bucks to see their team WIN, esp against a division rival with possible playoff potential.

#3 Sitting your starters is CHEATING the fans!! I paid pretty close to $700 to watch crap football today, and I didn't appreciate that one damn bit!! If you have to lose a game, then lose it honestly!!

#4 It's a GAME of football, and with that comes injuries, etc. That's just the way the game is played. Take it in the gut and keep on playin!! If you all think six days is enough to REST those guys then you are all delusional!!

We are playing with a 3rd, and probably 4th string QB!! For gawds sake!! WHY can't you guys understand they need PRACTICE with the FIRST string if we have any chance in hell of winning in the playoffs!! I simply DO NOT understand this attitude that it's OK to rest your starters!! It's a game of football, not Daddy Daycare!!!
Probably the people that are defending Kubiak for resting the starters are the same ones that were going balistic 2 years ago when teams were resting their starters during the final week that kept us on the outside with our noses pressed up against the glass.
wildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #99
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Aren't the players paid to win football games? It is that simple for me.
lawyers and judges and juriors are paid to put away the criminal and free the innocent, that works so well, ask Casey Anthony...

Yeah Gary i agree, all these guys are pros rather they are 1st or 3rd string, but the talent does have a big drop off.
Old 01-01-2012   #100
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

so we make the playoffs and people are still bitching?

i thought we said that once we started winning we wouldnt be such whiny mf'ers.

my thoughts on the game: we were back to our best today. running game killing it, qb making the throws he needs to and good pass rush. we play our starters we kill the titans like in week 7. this team had the look back and ive no doubt we win next week once we keep green in check
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read