Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #61
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why People Are Angry That We Rested Our Starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Just hate the AFCS rivals with a passion and can't stop thinking about losing to them and MAYBE giving them new life in playoffs. That's all.
I feel the same way about wanting to end the Titans season, but the circumstances we were under justified how today played out. There are still 3 more games that can finish them off, so we all can laugh at the Titans in potentially a little over an hour
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #62
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Titans make it and we play them

Then I hope the scoreboard is a big ole middle finger when the Texans send the Titans back home with another playoff loss.. another year that Bud won't see a trophy
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #63
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

* sigh * I'm just tired of mediocrity in this town. I've been sick and tired for years of settling.

The fact is, we should have never been in the position of being locked into the #3 seed in the first place - even with our injuries, yadda, yadda, yadda... But we did. Nothing can change that, and all my bellyaching can do nothing about this loss.

Wolf made a great post; I respect that, because I still have this image in my mind of the Texans holding the Lombardi Trophy with the first rookie QB in NFL history.

* sigh *

I suppose my football day would go better with a New York Football Giants win tonight.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #64
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

and i truly believe that if we didn't have the type of injuries that we did this year.. we would be looking at number 1 or 2 seed.

Schaub and AJ healthy would have given us 2-3 wins extra.
Old 01-01-2012   #65
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not unhappy that we lost the game. The Titans look like the most favorable matchup for us in the playoffs. I would have liked to win the game, but it's fine that we lost. Foster, OD and JJo will give us a great chance to beat our rival at home next week.
Old 01-01-2012   #66
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Kubiak was 100% correct in how he handled the game today. I've never been loathe to criticize the head coach, if the criticism was earned. This criticism is not earned. This was a preseason game for the postseason. Had the Texans reserves made a play on the 2 point conversion, the Texans would have had their cake, and eaten it, too. And frankly, I'm none too upset if it is the Titans that come into Reliant again next weekend.

This is about winning in the playoffs. The Texans did nothing today that hurt their chances in the playoffs. Rather by having reserves get experience in a real game, they enhanced their chances. Well done by everyone, and I'm very much looking forward to a playoff victory in Reliant next weekend. I'm more confident now than I have been since the Bengal game. And the Texans should be confident, as well.
I must say I'm in complete agreement with this.

Once I saw Yates move the team down the field and score on our first possession, I'd seen all I needed to see from him; especially with him getting nicked up.

It also was good to see that Jake still has something in the tank and has learned enough of the offense to move the team when necessary.

Funny I don't see anyone bitching that A.J. didn't play in the second half...

And can someone explain why Dreessen was not called out of bounds on that last TD drive. He was standing up when he stepped out of bounds. Why didn't that stop the clock???
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #67
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I hope the Titans make it and we play them

Then I hope the scoreboard is a big ole middle finger when the Texans send the Titans back home with another playoff loss.. another year that Bud won't see a trophy
I saw him today in the tunnel. Dude is OLD! Could barely get from the car to the golf cart

Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2012   #68
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

And can someone explain why Dreessen was not called out of bounds on that last TD drive. He was standing up when he stepped out of bounds. Why didn't that stop the clock???
His forward progress was stopped before he went out of bounds... I didn't rewind the DVR to watch again, but live it looked like the correct call... He was hit, stopped then went out of bounds losing yardage...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #69
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Out of curiosity...why are people angry at Kubiak, but Dreesen and Austin are getting free passes?

And please don't give me that "shouldn't have been in that position in the first place" crap. If they simply got beat because they're not good enough, that's one thing... but these guys screwed up in the most basic of plays.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #70
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
His forward progress was stopped before he went out of bounds... I didn't rewind the DVR to watch again, but live it looked like the correct call... He was hit, stopped then went out of bounds losing yardage...
I don't know... looked like BS to me. Sure, he was hit which stopped forward progress... but Dreesen was still standing and no other defenders on him.
Old 01-01-2012   #71
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I don't know... looked like BS to me. Sure, he was hit which stopped forward progress... but Dreesen was still standing and no other defenders on him.
It doesn't matter if there were not other defenders on him or not, his forward progress was stopped, and while going out of bounds he was losing yardage... had he moved forward to make more yardage and then gone out of bounds that's a different story... it's called that way about 100% of the time...nothing new...

Old 01-01-2012   #72
Wolf
100% Texan

Wade played vanilla defense also.. not much scheming to show on game film
Old 01-01-2012   #73
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I saw him today in the tunnel. Dude is OLD! Could barely get from the car to the golf cart
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #74
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Smart to rest the starters.

Titans are sitting in their shacks listening to the playoffs on the radio.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #75
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It doesn't matter if there were not other defenders on him or not, his forward progress was stopped, and while going out of bounds he was losing yardage... had he moved forward to make more yardage and then gone out of bounds that's a different story... it's called that way about 100% of the time...nothing new...
Ok, I guess I never understood that part of the rule in regards to going out of bounds.
Old 01-01-2012   #76
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
The Tebows and Raiders are ruining our dream.

How can anyone enjoy watching a Tebow led offense? He's set pro football back 60 years. Horrible.
Old 01-01-2012   #77
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

I can understand people disagreeing with Kubiak's decision to mail this one in, in regards to the majority of the starters etc..., but to be fuming over it when the game meant absolutely nothing outside of one team "possibley" making the playoffs over another is absurd...

And please, spare me this "losing culture" bullchit... Kubiak's decision today was about making sure most of his team was healthy come next week, when the game will actually count... Like I said, you can disagree with it, but don't get ridiculous and act like his decision was based on the fact that he and the Houston Texans are used to losing... he chose health over winning a meaningless game... not his worst decision as Texans coach, by far!

It's been done plenty of times before, and it will be done plenty of more times in the future... get off the man's balls on this one, he just chose the route to the first round of the playoffs that you wouldn't have... nothing more, nothing less...

Old 01-01-2012   #78
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can understand people disagreeing with Kubiak's decision to mail this one in, in regards to the majority of the starters etc..., but to be fuming over it when the game meant absolutely nothing outside of one team "possibley" making the playoffs over another is absurd...

And please, spare me this "losing culture" bullchit... Kubiak's decision today was about making sure most of his team was healthy come next week, when the game will actually count... Like I said, you can disagree with it, but don't get ridiculous and act like his decision was based on the fact that he and the Houston Texans are used to losing... he chose health over winning a meaningless game... not his worst decision as Texans coach, by far!

It's been done plenty of times before, and it will be done plenty of more times in the future... get off the man's balls on this one, he just chose the route to the first round of the playoffs that you wouldn't have... nothing more, nothing less...

If anything, that's WINNING culture. That's learning to look past the loser Titans (who are DONE, btw) and putting a bigger plan into place. Losers mentality would make some irrelevant douche team matter over the ultimate goal.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #79
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Ok, I guess I never understood that part of the rule in regards to going out of bounds.
I never understood it either... I've just seen it called that way every time, for so many times that I kind of understand it now...

I don't even know what the exact rule is in regards to the sideline and foward progress... I'm guessing it's seen as the ball-carrier not regaining control of his situation after being stopped... So instead of him losing yards and being spotted where he went out of bounds (and stopping the clock), they say his foward progress was stopped, and at the point of his forward progress being stopped he was still in bounds...

Old 01-01-2012   #80
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
[b]Agree with EVERYTHING but the last line...because Kubiak is getting dynasty-type extension in this off-season. No doubt about it. He will.[b]
After 6 years Kubiak is 47W and 49L.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read