Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #21
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 55784 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why People Are Angry That We Rested Our Starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
BINGO!

Do the rest of you understand the history of the AFC South in the past 10 years? Do you not understand the idea of how our divisional opponents kicked us and laughed at us for 9 years and in year 10 we have the chance to make sure ALL THREE OF THEM are sitting on their asses watching US and not preparing for a game (against us, by the way!).

A lot of Johnny Come Lately's or something, I suppose. I will never want to think that me laying down in a final reg season game allows a divisional foe the chance to get INTO the playoffs which means they could surge past us and do better than us. Why is this so hard to wrap one's mind around????
that is why you need to quit living int he past and start looking forward...

TITANS BEAT THE 2nd STRING AND 3rd STRING TEXANS TEAM....

why is THAT so hard you wrap your head around?

Bunch of Negative nacy pants around here....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #22
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I would feel better playing the Titans than the Bengals (who we played away with our starters in the lineup)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #23
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
New England was playing for #1 seed. Thankfully they played their starters because they were down to the Bills.

Pretty sure Baltimore and Pitt, and San Fran were/are playing for something today as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
they are/were. We are the ONLY team that was locked to a seed, the 1st 2nd and wild card were all on the line today, i see no harm in us resting our guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Yeah. WINS! That's why people play the game.
The Niners and the Saints are both 12-3. If the Niners lose and Saints win, the Saints become the #2 seed.

The Ravens and the Steelers are both 11-4. If the Ravens lose and the Steelers win the Steelers become AFC North champs and the Ravens drop to a wild card berth.

If New England (12-3) and the Ravens win, then the Ravens become the #1 seed.

Win or lose, we had nothing to gain. Period.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #24
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
True but is was a Titans team that played their starter for 4 quarters and barely, just barely won the game.

the only other team I would hive wanted to see in Reliant next week aside from the Titans, was the Jets cause Sanchez absolutely sucks. I don't care if they are a division rival, Texans know them inside and out and Titans tipped their hand this week by running that 5 wide set, now the Texans has that on film...
Yep. I am 100% fine with how things went down today, my original statement is a representation of how over the top people are being with their complaining. Our team is banged up, and our position is locked in..you have to be smart when there is nothing to play for this week and start preparing for next week when it truly matters.

And as I type this, 2 of the 3 teams the Titans need to win to get in are currently losing.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #25
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not mad at who we rested, but I am beyond pissed that we didn't kick the extra point when we were backed up to the 7.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Then you're letting a rivalry get to your head and not thinking big picture. Big picture is winning the Super Bowl, not just to make sure no other AFC South team makes the playoffs.
True. I am a Big Picture guy, no doubt. But I like my steak with A-1 sauce and not JUST how it tastes when it hits my plate.

All I am saying is we had the chance to put a moon-shining, incesting hillbilly in jail and better the NFL community, and we didn't. That's just wrong! LOL.

Quote:
Wes Welker, 2009....

nuff said....
In a court of law, what you did would be called circumstantial evidence. Did Welker play today? Did he get hurt? Nuff said.

Quote:
True but is was a Titans team that played their starter for 4 quarters and barely, just barely won the game.

the only other team I would hive wanted to see in Reliant next week aside from the Titans, was the Jets cause Sanchez absolutely sucks. I don't care if they are a division rival, Texans know them inside and out and Titans tipped their hand this week by running that 5 wide set, now the Texans has that on film...
Maybe so. Better hope they don't come in and get help from refs, help from us if we stumble early and often, etc. Any given Sunday.

I am not dumb enough to try and refute that they pose a better opponent for us than another team out there. They are ripe for the picking. But there's also the general, over-arching issue of momentum. I hate the idea of a 3-game losing streak heading into a pressure-packed playoff game.
Old 01-01-2012   #27
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 55784 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I believe as soon as you start talking about who you would rather play in the playoffs - whether it's the team talking about it, the media, or the fans - there is a hole inside of you somewhere where confidence used to live.

I don't give a damn who the Texans played this week, or who they play in the playoffs...I've paid, I want wins.
When you are starting a 3rd string rookie QB who the last 2 weeks LOOKED like a 3rd string rookie QB, you want the easiest road to the Super Bowl...

and you are right, there is a hole inside of me where confidence use to be filled with, it was filled with TJ Yates...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2012   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
I'm not mad at who we rested, but I am beyond pissed that we didn't kick the extra point when we were backed up to the 7.
any other situation, Kubiak would have kicked it.. he was looking to get out of there win or lose .
Old 01-01-2012   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Agreed. At worst, kicking the PAT extends game time and we lose in overtime.

At best, we get the ball in OT and score a TD or FG and ice the game in dramatic fashion. We'll never know though.
Old 01-01-2012   #30
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is that they WEREN'T thinking "when you're in, you're in", precisely BECAUSE they still had seeding to play for.

The Packers rested their starters because they, much like us, were locked into their seed.

I wanted to beat the **** out of the Titans, but since I'm not coaching, I don't have control over what happens.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
that is why you need to quit living int he past and start looking forward...

TITANS BEAT THE 2nd STRING AND 3rd STRING TEXANS TEAM....

why is THAT so hard you wrap your head around?

Bunch of Negative nacy pants around here....
Sounds a lot like "moral victory" stuff, and that's what this franchise needs to leave behind if they want to be top-tier in the future.

Patriots won 49-21 after being down 21-0.

Saints beat Panthers 45-17.

Regardless of what the Pats or Saints were playing for, they played to win. I love that type of attitude. I really do. It says, "WINNING is important." It's a mindset. A culture.
Old 01-01-2012   #32
Wolf
100% Texan

steaks aren't steaks if you have to add sauce to them.. or so my dad says

Old 01-01-2012   #33
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

At best, we get the ball in OT and score a TD or FG and ice the game in dramatic fashion. We'll never know though.
Why extend the game with a short roster? So many inactives already, the starters were already done, the backup tackle got hurt, Garret Graham was playing OLB because Brahman got hurt. End the game one way or the other right there we are still the #3 seed regardless of winning or losing.

And yes, I understand you don't want to the Titans to get into the playoffs but you have to think about the Texans first. The Titans need the Ravens, Broncos, and Raiders ALL to win. Currently 2 out of those 3 teams are losing
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #34
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Sounds a lot like "moral victory" stuff, and that's what this franchise needs to leave behind if they want to be top-tier in the future.

Patriots won 49-21 after being down 21-0.

Saints beat Panthers 45-17.

Regardless of what the Pats or Saints were playing for, they played to win. I love that type of attitude. I really do. It says, "WINNING is important." It's a mindset. A culture.
you REALLY thing Brady would play if they had the #1 seed locked up?

Hell, Manning.. the king of garbage stats sat out early one year and the jets beat them
Old 01-01-2012   #35
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46287 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No, at worst Delhomme or some other player gets hurt.

Kubiak made the right call going to for 2. The center just screwed up and we lost. Period.
Stemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #36
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 28959 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This. Must spread rep.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #37
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Titans Beat Texans in Playoffs, Render Texans AFC South Title Useless

Boy, that'd be a nice headline to gaze at the day after, right?

We'd be laughed at and ridiculed forever. "Same old Houston team! LOL!"
How insecure are you? People who give a **** about what other people think of them are pathetic.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #38
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
any other situation, Kubiak would have kicked it.. he was looking to get out of there win or lose .
He should have been trying to win. I really don't care if it risks an injury to someone who will never see the field next week. If they get hurt, you sign someone off the street or call up someone from the practice squad to sit on the bench.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #39
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
you REALLY thing Brady would play if they had the #1 seed locked up?
In 2009 vs. Texans in a final reg season game, Brady came IN and OUT of the game as the scenario dictated him to do. If they were ahead, he was pulled out. If they needed a boost, he was put in.

I believe that Bill Belichick, no matter what people think of him, wants to win so badly that he places it above all else. He rides the line as closely as he can.

YES, that's the type of culture I want my Texans to pursue and obtain and maintain. It's dynasty building, not just merely getting a first-ever playoff seed and being thrilled about it.

Myers at center, IMO, might even make the difference today.
Old 01-01-2012   #40
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

On the other hand how sweet would it be to beat the crap out of the titans in the play offs, i'm actually kinda hoping they make it. I hate the titans and to beat them in the play offs would be icing on the cake to me !!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read