Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #1
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 53326 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why People Are Angry That We Rested Our Starters?

Check this:

New England didn't rest their starters.

New Orleans didn't rest their starters.

49ers, Steelers, Ravens, not resting their starters either.

I know some of these team have seeding to think about, but if they were thinking like the Texans, when you're in you're in, right?

James Casey just said on the radio that the team learned Saturday that the Texans would be resting their starters.

I didn't even pay for a ticket, but if I had paid to see the Texans play I would be pissed with what they put on the field. But I have paid, in many, many ways

Jake was getting killed out there behind a kindergarten O-Line.

Plus, a loss is a loss. There is no way to rationalize a loss. How can anyone be cool with a friggin' loss?

All this "play to win" crap that Kubes has been giving us is horseshit. Nothing more! He lied.

Moreover, this loss only puts us 1 win over what they did in 2009. That's only 1 game up as the Texans went on a 3 game skid. That's not very much of a turnaround - because if we were not in such a shit division, 10-6 would probably have not have gotten us in.

Sure, the Texans could go all the way and win the Super Bowl...but if they don't - and especially if they keel over in the first playoff game, I want Kubes head on a pike at uncle Bob's next charity golf function.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #2
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why People Are Angry That We Rested Our Starters?

Us and the packers were the only teams locked up and we both rested our starters.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #3
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 53326 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Us and the packers were the only teams locked up and we both rested our starters.
Green Bay won.
Old 01-01-2012   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Check this:

I know some of these team have seeding to think about, but if they were thinking like the Texans, when you're in you're in, right?

James Casey just said on the radio that the team learned Saturday that the Texans would be resting their starters.

I didn't even pay for a ticket, but if I had paid to see the Texans play I would be pissed with what they put on the field. But I have paid, in many, many ways

Plus, a loss is a loss. There is no way to rationalize a loss. How can anyone be cool with a friggin' loss?

All this "play to win" crap that Kubes has been giving us is horseshit. Nothing more! He lied.

Moreover, this loss only puts us 1 win over what they did in 2009. That's only 1 game up as the Texans went on a 3 game skid. That's not very much of a turnaround - because if we were not in such a shit division, 10-6 would probably have not have gotten us in.

Sure, the Texans could go all the way and win the Super Bowl...but if they don't - and especially if they keel over in the first playoff game, I want Kubes head on a pike at uncle Bob's next charity golf function.
Agree with EVERYTHING but the last line...because Kubiak is getting dynasty-type extension in this off-season. No doubt about it. He will.

But yeah, this was a bad three weeks of Texans football after what was a great 13 weeks of Texans football.

Playoff game will be fun or it will be miserable. No in between, and I think the odds of it being miserable rose with this recent display by Kubiak (as HC of this team) to decide to lay down and do juuuuuuust enough to give off the appearance of being competitive today.
Old 01-01-2012   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Check this:

Gotta be honest, i am not mad we rested our starters. I am however mad about the end of the game, yeah go for 2 but once we had a false start kick a FG and tie the game up.

I would much rather face the titans in the play offs than cincy TBH. Do i think we should have rested our starters ? Hell yeah has anybody looked at who all we have lost this season, if foster had torn his acl, everyone would of been calling for kubiaks head.

The titans needed a lot of help regardless so i dont blame kubiak. The odds arent good for the titans as it is.
Old 01-01-2012   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 245168 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Check this:

Actually, New Orleans rested some starters; their starting MLB and safety sat this one out. I think one of their RB committee sat out the game too.

GB sat Rodgers.

I suspect that Belichick & Brady wanted to get back at the Bills for that loss they handed the Pats early in the season. So Bill wasn't about to sit Tom down.

Depends on who the respective coaches believe need the recovery time and what each team has to gain by going all out.

To be honest, I'm surprised Cushing played as much as he did.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #7
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

No reason to be upset here, IMO. Chances are we will play them next week. On top of that we were playing a bland defense. The 2nd team defense was playing OK, and overall we hung in the game until the very end with our backups.

While I can understand the frustration, I see nothing wrong with this. The team essentially gets a mini bye week, followed by only part of a game. Plenty of rest for next week. I also was very much for the 2-point conversion and could care less that we lost. Let's make it to next week and worry about things then. Until then, even though we lost we put out a good effort and could have beat a team playing for their season with our backups.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2012   #8
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Green Bay won.
and you would be one of the first ones on this board screaming for Kubiak's head if the starters played a full game and Foster, of AJ or even Yates got hurt, and wonder why he didn't pull his starters in a game that meant nothing...

hypocrisy lives here my friend....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #9
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

New England was playing for #1 seed. Thankfully they played their starters because they were down to the Bills.

Pretty sure Baltimore and Pitt, and San Fran were/are playing for something today as well.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #10
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

It's because this loss kept the TITANS' slim chance of getting into the playoffs alive. If we played any other team in this meaningless game, with this banged up squad cursed with a ridiculous injury bug all season long, there would be no issue
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
and you would be one of the first ones on this board screaming for Kubiak's head if the starters played a full game and Foster, of AJ or even Yates got hurt, and wonder why he didn't pull his starters in a game that meant nothing...

hypocrisy lives here my friend....
What is with this Mythic Legend of "IF the starters had been hurt everyone calls for Kubiak's head!"????

How does this get on here and accepted as fact AND as a rational excuse for what happened today? I don't get it.

Is it the idea that you can guilt trip people into looking like horrible people for wanting to "risk" the health of ANY player? LOL.

Man oh man.....I give up.
Old 01-01-2012   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
New England was playing for #1 seed. Thankfully they played their starters because they were down to the Bills.

Pretty sure Baltimore and Pitt, and San Fran were/are playing for something today as well.
they are/were. We are the ONLY team that was locked to a seed, the 1st 2nd and wild card were all on the line today, i see no harm in us resting our guys.
Old 01-01-2012   #13
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post

Yeah. WINS! That's why people play the game.
Old 01-01-2012   #14
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34789 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Seeding is important, so other teams will play for the improved seeding. The first round bye, and home field advantage, are big deals.

This isn't anything new... most coaches rest the players that need it. So why are people jumping on Kubiak?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
It's because this loss kept the TITANS' slim chance of getting into the playoffs alive. If we played any other team in this meaningless game, with this banged up squad cursed with a ridiculous injury bug all season long, there would be no issue
BINGO!

Do the rest of you understand the history of the AFC South in the past 10 years? Do you not understand the idea of how our divisional opponents kicked us and laughed at us for 9 years and in year 10 we have the chance to make sure ALL THREE OF THEM are sitting on their asses watching US and not preparing for a game (against us, by the way!).

A lot of Johnny Come Lately's or something, I suppose. I will never want to think that me laying down in a final reg season game allows a divisional foe the chance to get INTO the playoffs which means they could surge past us and do better than us. Why is this so hard to wrap one's mind around????
Old 01-01-2012   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
True but is was a Titans team that played their starter for 4 quarters and barely, just barely won the game.

the only other team I would hive wanted to see in Reliant next week aside from the Titans, was the Jets cause Sanchez absolutely sucks. I don't care if they are a division rival, Texans know them inside and out and Titans tipped their hand this week by running that 5 wide set, now the Texans has that on film...

Old 01-01-2012   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What is with this Mythic Legend of "IF the starters had been hurt everyone calls for Kubiak's head!"????

How does this get on here and accepted as fact AND as a rational excuse for what happened today? I don't get it.

Is it the idea that you can guilt trip people into looking like horrible people for wanting to "risk" the health of ANY player? LOL.

Man oh man.....I give up.
Wes Welker, 2009....

nuff said....

Old 01-01-2012   #18
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34789 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
BINGO!

Do the rest of you understand the history of the AFC South in the past 10 years? Do you not understand the idea of how our divisional opponents kicked us and laughed at us for 9 years and in year 10 we have the chance to make sure ALL THREE OF THEM are sitting on their asses watching US and not preparing for a game (against us, by the way!).

A lot of Johnny Come Lately's or something, I suppose. I will never want to think that me laying down in a final reg season game allows a divisional foe the chance to get INTO the playoffs which means they could surge past us and do better than us. Why is this so hard to wrap one's mind around????
Then you're letting a rivalry get to your head and not thinking big picture. Big picture is winning the Super Bowl, not just to make sure no other AFC South team makes the playoffs.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Titans Beat Texans in Playoffs, Render Texans AFC South Title Useless

Boy, that'd be a nice headline to gaze at the day after, right?

We'd be laughed at and ridiculed forever. "Same old Houston team! LOL!"

The outcome of today cannot be changed. But the residue of the loss MIGHT linger and pose problems.

I'm just a proactive type personality. If you can limit the future risks, by taking risks of your own up front and early on, then why not do it? Take care of today way you shouldn't be putting off until tomorrow. I guess I'm boring like that.
Old 01-01-2012   #20
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
True but is was a Titans team that played their starter for 4 quarters and barely, just barely won the game.

the only other team I would hive wanted to see in Reliant next week aside from the Titans, was the Jets cause Sanchez absolutely sucks. I don't care if they are a division rival, Texans know them inside and out and Titans tipped their hand this week by running that 5 wide set, now the Texans has that on film...
I believe as soon as you start talking about who you would rather play in the playoffs - whether it's the team talking about it, the media, or the fans - there is a hole inside of you somewhere where confidence used to live.

I don't give a damn who the Texans played this week, or who they play in the playoffs...I've paid, I want wins.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read