Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2012   #21
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ain't nobody BAD like me

Thanks to Alex Gibbs, we sure did draft right T for us and yes, he is bad axx.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

An apology from ESPN...

Quote:
By Paul Kuharsky

Dear Duane Brown,

When the NFL fined you $7,500 for punching Jacksonville’s Clint Session in a sideline interaction on Oct. 30, I took it as the final word on the matter. I wrote it put the issue to rest, confirming it was a punch as I believed, despite your denial.

In its speedy wisdom, the NFL has now retracted the fine, reports Mark Berman of Fox in Houston.

You were tripped for sure and braced yourself when you did. But that you did so with a closed first rather than an open palm was highly unusual to me. I guess that’s how you fall.

Rather than revisit my opinion and interpretation on the whole matter, I’d like to apologize for giving you so much grief over it.

Congrats on winning the appeal.

Again, my apologies.

Sincerely,
Paul Kuharsky
Way to man up PK.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #23
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

For a minute I thought this was a Morris Day thread.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 02-05-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here was why I liked D. Brown when we drafted him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
After watching 4 VT games (06 Clemson, 07 UNC, BC, KS), I'm quite positive that Brown will become a better LT than Salaam at some point. He won all 4 matchups.

He dominated Kentwan Balmer (UNC) - Balmer lined up mostly at DE in this particular game.

And if we look hard at the opponents that VT faced, we'll see that Brown lined up against very good competition almost every single week.

E.Car: Marcus Hands DE (rated #34 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

LSU: Glenn Dorsey DE #5 pick
Tyson Jackson DE (rated #3 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Kriston Pittman DE (rated #18 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Al Woods DT (rated #3 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Marlon favorite DT (rated #12 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

Ohio: Landon Cohen DE #216 pick
Jameson Hartke DT (rated #32 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

UNC: Kentwan Balmer DE #29
Hilee Taylor DE (rated #28 by NFLDraftcountdown) signed with Panthers

Clemson: Phillip Merling DE #32
Dorell Scott DT (rated #15 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Rashaad Jackson DT (rated #33 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Don't forget Gaines Adams

Duke: Vince Oghobaase DT (rated #5 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

BC: B.J. Raji DT (rated #14 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

Ga Tech: Adamm Oliver DE (rated #29 by NFLDraftcountdown)
Darrell Robertson DE (rated #15 by Walterfootball)
Michael Johnson DE (rated #1 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Vance Walker DT (rated #4 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Darryl Richard DT (rated #16 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

Fla.St.: Andre Flellen DT #87
Letroy Guion DT #152
Alex Boston DE (rated #40 by Walterfootball) signed with Jaguars
Neefy Moffett DT (rated #26 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

Miami: Calais Campbell DE (rated #11 by Walterfootball) signed by Cardinals
Antonio Dixon DT (rated #21 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)
Eric Moncur DE (rated #16 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

Va: Chris Long DE #2
Jeffrey Fitzgerald (rated #29 by Walterfootball for 2009 draft)

KS: James McClinton DT (rated #25 by NFLDraftcountdown)
Russell Brorsen DE (rated #40 by NFLDraftScout
I watched a few more games after that.
I noted that he did get beat here and there, but obviously, the competition was very good so I wasn't concerned for the long run.

I did suggest that the Texans might be wise to let him split time with Salaam at the beginning.
But it took them a while to implement my suggestion (playing Salaam every third series, starting week 7).

Blocking downfield was his strength out of college.

I also pulled an article where coaches, teammates, and opponents marveled at his speed/motor; he was the first one downhill on ST coverage a few times (He had 7 tackles on ST and also blocked 3 kicks as a Sr.)

Oh, and he also "neutralized" Mario Williams when he played RT in his Jr. year against Mario's Wolfpacks.

The article I mentioned above is still fun to read.
You can find it here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...111001461.html

"He beats me down there sometimes," said cornerback Roland Minor, a gunner on the punt team. "We get down there, and I look over at him and we're neck and neck."

Against Clemson, Brown released quickly and charged down the field as a punt fell out of the sky into the arms of C.J. Spiller, one of the faster players in the country. Brown squared him up with the sideline to his left, funeled him that way and made the tackle alone. (CJ Spiller is a very very fast, quick, and speedy guy who ran a 4.27 at the combine.)

After the game, a Clemson assistant coach told Brown he had never seen someone his size run that fast.

"Every time we see him, we just say he's making more and more money," linebacker Brenden Hill said. "That's the joke around the locker room, that Duane is going to be a rich person very soon. We joke with him that he could have been a millionaire on offense or defense, because he's so aggressive and so intense that he could play any position and be good at it."

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #26
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never bought a jersey of an offensive lineman, but I am really thinking about getting me a D. Brown jersey. Plus, he wears 76, my favorite number.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn Straight........
Old 02-06-2012   #28
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing, he's a "dirty" player, lol. Whiny ass Jags.

Old 02-07-2012   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I have never bought a jersey of an offensive lineman, but I am really thinking about getting me a D. Brown jersey. Plus, he wears 76, my favorite number.
If you find out where one can be bought, Pleeeeeaze let us know.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #30
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If you find out where one can be bought, Pleeeeeaze let us know.
The way I was gonna go about it was to go to NFL Shop, and just buy the authentic white one.

Here is a link to it.

Just select his name from the drop down menu on the right.

Old 02-10-2012   #31
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 50409 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Looks like he borrowed Arian's beard...
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #32
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

edit: dumb post
Old 05-11-2012   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Comment From ScottScott: ]
How's it goin Duane? First off, is there any player you enjoy the challenge of going to head to head with? And second, are there any jerk players you want to flatten every snap?
Thursday May 10, 2012 1:07 Scott

1:07 Duane Brown: I enjoy going against Dwight Freeney, a future Hall of Famer I get to face twice a year. I want to flatten everyone, jerks or no jerks.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/li...7-2ae6ba9f6865
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #34
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Man if D. Brown resigns I gotta get one of his jerseys. Speaking of that I need to order my JJ Watt jersey.......
Old 05-11-2012   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The whole chat with him is pretty good. Lots of good nuggets in there.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #36
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone that breaks James Harrison's face IS a BAD man.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #37
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is Duane talking about the next time he sees James Harrison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TxiVhrkZA
Old 05-11-2012   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

LT is a concern if DB does not remain with us. I am hopeful the money allegedly stockpiled with
roster moves will go to address this concern. If he leaves, I guess they would re-sign Butler to a huge deal & shuffle him down the Oline rather than draft a LT and start over.
Old 05-11-2012   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I'm the Texans you Call
Think of James Brown doing "Living in America" from Rocky IV
Old 05-11-2012   #40
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife has a Duane Brown jersey.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read