Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Ain't nobody BAD like me

My name's Duane Brown

& I'm a BAAAAAAaaaaaad Mother Fuch'R

If you've got an ass that needs saving...

I'm the Texans you Call

Old 01-01-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ain't nobody BAD like me

If you need help git'n where you need to git

Just call my name
Old 01-01-2012   #3
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Just ask James Harrison.
Old 01-01-2012   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Just ask James Harrison.

Damn....

that's some cooold sh!t
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

How far we have come from when it was so popular to slag his pick as a reach and another reason to fire people.
Old 01-01-2012   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been talking him up to anyone that will listen for awhile now. He is bad, bad man!
Old 01-01-2012   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How far we have come from when it was so popular to slag his pick as a reach and another reason to fire people.
Yup, I remember that time. "Worst pick and reach in team history" "HC and GM need to be fired" "He could have been had in the 3rd round, 2nd would be the earliest he should have been picked"

Lots of folks seem to have some pretty cracked crystal balls and can't see the future too well, but they sure can wail and carry on as if they have THE absolute answer to everything the Texans need to do. Even in his rookie year he wasn't horrible. Not great, but not horrible and he has gotten better every season and is now one of the best in the league.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Without even having to take a look back at the draft day thread, I can tell you that I was surprised we traded down...but when the strategy was revealed as to why we did that with Duane Brown, I was cool with it.

I didn't call for any heads to roll. I remember feeling OK with the pick. I didn't know who he was, but then again I didn't know much about any o-lineman...and still don't when it comes to the college game.

He's the best one on our team.
Old 01-02-2012   #9
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is why Armchair GMs are a dime a dozen and post on message boards...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #10
SuperSerial
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus 1 for the Time reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02inZ3wy-Qo
SuperSerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

after 17 weeks, i've got no bias when claiming brown as the best LT i've seen this season. he hasnt been perfect, but danged if he isnt close.

as an aside, i saw him a couple months ago at the houston zoo (insert joke), and it brought me back to reality on how big this man is ... 6'5" 320lbs in person is a lot different than on tv. he noticed that i recognized him and gave a smile and nod, as i didnt want to interfere on his day out. the grin that yall see in his interviews, he carries it all the time ... a raging bull on the field but a teddy bear off, it obviously made his day to be recognized. and it's an epic failure that he's not being recognized with a trip to hawaii.
Old 01-02-2012   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSerial View Post
Plus 1 for the Time reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02inZ3wy-Qo
Hah! +1 for noticing
Old 01-02-2012   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Without even having to take a look back at the draft day thread, I can tell you that I was surprised we traded down...but when the strategy was revealed as to why we did that with Duane Brown, I was cool with it.

I didn't call for any heads to roll. I remember feeling OK with the pick. I didn't know who he was, but then again I didn't know much about any o-lineman...and still don't when it comes to the college game.

He's the best one on our team.
Someone bumped the '08 draft day thread. You should see some of the responses. A lot of folks were pissed we passed on Mendenhall. Others thought CB was a more dire need. Most hadn't really heard of D.B. But, as usual, there were some folks who were just besides themselves because we didn't pick their guy...

Do we act like this all the time?
Old 01-02-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
after 17 weeks, i've got no bias when claiming brown as the best LT i've seen this season. he hasnt been perfect, but danged if he isnt close.

as an aside, i saw him a couple months ago at the houston zoo (insert joke), and it brought me back to reality on how big this man is ... 6'5" 320lbs in person is a lot different than on tv. he noticed that i recognized him and gave a smile and nod, as i didnt want to interfere on his day out. the grin that yall see in his interviews, he carries it all the time ... a raging bull on the field but a teddy bear off, it obviously made his day to be recognized. and it's an epic failure that he's not being recognized with a trip to hawaii.
He wasn't in there wrestling with the grizzlies was he...?
Old 01-02-2012   #15
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58665 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
He wasn't in there wrestling with the grizzlies was he...?

That's how he trains
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Someone bumped the '08 draft day thread. You should see some of the responses. A lot of folks were pissed we passed on Mendenhall. Others thought CB was a more dire need. Most hadn't really heard of D.B. But, as usual, there were some folks who were just besides themselves because we didn't pick their guy...

Do we act like this all the time?
I was in favor of the pick. My first post in that thread, I stated that I had expected Mendenhall...but when the trade went down and I know we were passing on Mendenhall, I was figuring there was a plan in place and I needed to trust it.

My next two posts in the thread, I really begin to dial into the reason for drafting the guy. I could see the advantages of it.

Another post into the thread, I stated that I expected we'd go RB in Round 3...which I think we did with the pick of Steve Slaton, IIRC.

The only pick that I think I have ever been really angry about was the Jason Babin pick. That we traded with the TITANS to get him, and how bad of a reach it appeared to be, I was furious. Furious! Other than him, I think I've kept my cool on draft day in those early rounds. Yay me!
Old 01-02-2012   #17
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a lover, not a fighter....

but hes also a fighter, so dont get any ideas...

Old 01-02-2012   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I could take him!!!

Old 01-02-2012   #19
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

HA, that first picture was his reaction after Chris Brown fumbled at the goal line against the Jaguars. It hurt so bad at the time, but now I laugh because Chris Brown is long gone!

But yes, D-Brown is a bad, bad man!
Old 01-02-2012   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Winning is a cure all.

Just ask Charlie Sheen.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read