Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-29-2011   #21
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The end of ROME

I thought I posted in this thread earlier today.

edit: This is a duplicate thread.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #22
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KILT (610 AM) will end Rome's 14-year run with station

I haven't listened to Rome since Kyle Brandt took over, no skin off my back having gone, but 610 is such a crappy station and the "local talent" sucks. 790 needs to can Mighty.
Old 12-29-2011   #23
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The end of ROME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I'm done with 610
Been had been done with 610.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #24
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was a Rome fan for a long time, but moving up here with no local station carrying him meant I had to stream. Now, when i do catch him, I wonder why in the heck did I used to like the show so much?
Old 12-29-2011   #25
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I hated Rome, his clones, and the callers who had a script rehearsed when they called in.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #26
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 32978 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Rome gone.

((pause))

Awesome.

((pause))

((papers shuffling))

((slaps mic))

Tongue me.

((pause))

Out.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #27
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2136 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty clear that a lot of you haven't listened to the show in the last 5 years or more.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2011   #28
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21874 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Wish the local radio station would pull his show here. Doubt it though, they're proud to be one of the "original three" radio stations to carry him.
Old 12-29-2011   #29
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Could never understand the fascination with Rome. The guy is a grade A doucher, and his claim to fame was his douchiest moment when he fake bowed up to Jim Everett and called him Chrissy.

I'll take a local show over a national loud mouth any time.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I was a Rome fan for a long time, but moving up here with no local station carrying him meant I had to stream. Now, when i do catch him, I wonder why in the heck did I used to like the show so much?
I think the show was better 10 years ago. Funnier. It just grew stale. Still, there's more airtime than decent radio hosts in Houston. This extra time slot won't help that. I wish the Dan Patrick show would be picked up by one of these stations.
Old 12-29-2011   #31
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Wish the local radio station would pull his show here. Doubt it though, they're proud to be one of the "original three" radio stations to carry him.
Do you hear Mike in Albuquerque on the radio?
Old 12-29-2011   #32
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

His funniest moments were after the OJ murders. He ran with that for years after that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think the show was better 10 years ago. Funnier. It just grew stale. Still, there's more airtime than decent radio hosts in Houston. This extra time slot won't help that. I wish the Dan Patrick show would be picked up by one of these stations.
I like Dan Patrick's show. He's very wry, and his interviews are fantastic. He always softens them up, and then from left field comes some really tough questions.

I occasionally listened to Rome's radio show, when Matt Thomas just gets boring with it. But the Jungle suffered from too many calls from clones. They are rarely funny, and the inside slams against other clones is stale.

You can get the 'best' of Rome's 3 hour radio show, though, just by watching the 30 minute episodes of Rome is Burning. I think he shines on his tv show, without callers, and just has solid takes.

I prefer The Blitz on 97.5 at lunch. Those dudes are so sarcastic that I always end up laughing at least once a day when listening to them. Funniest was when they did a pepper spray test on their producer. They got a 1 day suspension for that stunt, and still refer to it today in hushed tones.
Old 12-30-2011   #34
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Eeeeeerrrrrrhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #35
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

SR610 to Rome: BLOCKED! BLOCKED! BLOCKED!!!
Old 12-31-2011   #36
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Awful. I guess it is for me because I been listening since I was a kid (11, I believe).

Even went to the tour stop with my pops when he came to then-Enron Field. Rome definitely is a love 'em or hate 'em kind of dude. Don't like the move, obviously, but understand it. DON'T understand why they gave Meltser and Davies a look though. Not a fan of either, really. Matt Thomas, if not for jokes, doesn't really bring much to me.
Old 12-31-2011   #37
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite is when Rome repeats a joke 25 times in a row. He makes sure by the time he is done with it, it's not funny anymore.

It's not really a sports show anymore. It's more of a Howard Stern style with a bunch of idiots calling up and ranting about other clones.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #38
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

This was inevitable after Travis Rogers left.. Didn't like the show to begin with..
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #39
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Bittersweet for me... when the Rome sshow is good, it's good... when it's bad, it's really bad... Sometimes I would listen, sometimes I'd go to 790... it was really funny, then really annoying... what really bugged me was that the host, and all of his callers were a little too scripted... Then his guest hosts, I don't like most of those guys as hosts, and seeing how he takes so much vacation, becase "I get so much vacation", you have to hear from them a bunch... I think the Sklar brother may be some guys I'd like to toss back a few beers with, but to have to listen to them for three hours go back and forth with each other is like nails on a chalkboard... but I will miss the emailers and texters... and of course the triple U "sponsors"...

Really excited to see what the new guys bring, building a show from the ground up... I always thought Meltzer (sp?) could be really good, but was a little too crammed for time in that one hour which made for a weird show... now that he has a little time to breath, and a co-host for balance I think it could be a pretty awesome show...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #40
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this move! I tried to call 610 yesterday on my way home from Houston on I-10 while they were talking about it on J&R as I have been out of the loop on vacation all week and yesterday was the 1st I had heard of it.

Now I don't have to have radio silence from 11-2!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read