Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2011   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Johnson, Phillips back in action for Texans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

That's what needs to happen. A dismantling of epic proportion to the point that they pack it in early and sulk on the bench as Reliant rocks out.
That's what I was most looking forward to last Thursday night. I just knew the Colts would fold if we punched them in the mouth early. We've seen them quit before in Houston, I wanted to see them quit @LucasOil

But we juked when we should've jived & forgot to throw the counter.
Old 12-29-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's what I was most looking forward to last Thursday night. I just knew the Colts would fold if we punched them in the mouth early. We've seen them quit before in Houston, I wanted to see them quit @LucasOil

But we juked when we should've jived & forgot to throw the counter.
Me, too. When Cushing caused that fumble and we scored a quick TD, I told my son that we are about to see an ass-whoopin'.

I was nice - for a moment - to perceive our team as one of those that you expect to dominate and they do it. Unfortunately, there was still 59 minutes of game to play at that point....and the rest is history.
Old 01-05-2012   #23
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

More good news on the Wade Phillips front - From Mark Berman via twitter:

Quote:
Texans Def. Coor. Wade Phillips said his doctors told him they no longer need to seem him concerning his surgery last month.
LINK
Old 01-05-2012   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Per a Mark Berman tweet:

Quote:
Texans def. coor. Wade Phillips says he should be considered for an NFL head coach job again, but isn't looking, says he has a great job
Best news I've heard in a while! Hope he stays true to those words
Old 01-05-2012   #25
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

this is awesome news. Losing Wade would have really set our defense back. They trust him and really play hard for him. Goes to show that dallas has more issues than coaching....
Old 01-05-2012   #26
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Per a Mark Berman tweet:

Best news I've heard in a while! Hope he stays true to those words
I think he realizes that it will be tough for him to get a head coaching spot. I think anyone who was previously considering Wade will hesitate due to his recent surgery, so he probably won't get a call this year. Next year he will be 65. If he has another really good season as DC, he will be 66 the following year. How many 66 year old Head coaches are there?

The oldest HC hired that I am aware of was Joe Gibbs and Dick Vermeil who were 64 at the time of hiring. Gibbs previously was a superbowl winner and led the Redskins to 2 playoff experiences in the 4 years he was there. Vermeil had just won a superbowl with the Rams. Big difference between Wade and these two: superbowl wins. You win a Superbowl, you get a chance, you never make it, you don't.

These days its pretty tough for a guy in his 60's to even be considered for an NFL head coaching spot. If Wade stays through next season, he will then be 66 for the following season. I think it will be really hard to hire a 66 year old coach who has never won a superbowl. Its the same reason Marty Schotenheimer didn't get another shot in the NFL.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read