Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!! 46 56.10%
hell no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2011   #101
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Awesome.. How many of those teams were starting a 3rd string rookie QB?
I'll trade you my Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselback, and Chris Chandler cards for your TJ Yates card?

I'm keeping the Jake Delhomme because his Super Bowl experience may come in handy for the Texans this year.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #102
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I'll trade you my Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselback, and Chris Chandler cards for your TJ Yates card?
TJ Yates is a rookie. He has started 4 games. He's 2-2 as the starter.

Rex Grossman was in his 4th season. He'd had 25 starts. That Super Bowl season he was 13-3 as the starter including playoff games.

Trent Dilfer was in his 7th season. He'd had 86 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 10-1 as the starter including playoff games.

Kerry Collins was in his 8th season. He'd had 83 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 14-4 as the starter including playoff games.

Brad Johnson was in his 9th season. He'd had 79 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 12-3 as the starter including playoff games.

Matt Hasselbeck was in his 7th season. He'd had 78 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 15-3 as the starter including playoff games.

Chris Chandler was in his 13th season. He'd had 103 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 15-1 as the starter including playoff games.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #103
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Great minds think alike.

I'll take your response as acquiescence.
No, not at all. I've posted several times in this thread, that it's not about one fan being a better type of fan than another.

In that one post you quoted, I tagged on along to a shot Premier made at CarrBomb.....
Old 12-27-2011   #104
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Yeah and many of those same fans wanted their teams to draft guys like Ryan Leaf or other questionable players. Does Reggie Bush come to mind? So who cares what they say?

Of course they say that... Few fans actually fully read the articles or for sure not even see the games. They just regurgitate what they have heard in sound bytes here and there so who cares who they say that want to face. I am sure the Steelers, Falcons and Bengals all thought the same thing. "Easy Win" right?
Why would any of those teams have thought the Texans were an easy win when they were playing one of the best teams in the AFC record wise??? I don't even think that the Texans or their fans thought that the Colts would be an "easy win." They did "expect" the Texans to win though since the Colts are like 1-50 and they're being led by Dan Orvlosky who pretty much stinks. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the correlation between the Texans match up with the Colts and the Texans match up between all of these other teams that the Texans had to face.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #105
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. you can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. you can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. your opinion is irrelevant.. yes you, YOUR, opinion is irrelevant. and your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. nice PS though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..
Houston Texans, Inc. appreciates your business.

Quote:
Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
This question is worded in a very interesting way.

"Can" being the operative word.

The Titans are a long shot to get in the playoffs, and technically they can win the Super Bowl, simply because anything is possible within the potential candidates that make the playoff cut.

So yeah, the Texans can win the Super Bowl, just like 12 teams that make the playoffs can win the Super Bowl, as well.

"Will they win the Super Bowl?" is how TK should have worded it, simply because that's a true dividing line for the sunshine pumpers.

I wonder how many koolaide kids would still vote "yes" if the word "can" was changed to "will"...
Old 12-27-2011   #106
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Houston Texans, Inc. appreciates your business.

This question is worded in a very interesting way.

"Can" being the operative word.

The Titans are a long shot to get in the playoffs, and technically they can win the Super Bowl, simply because anything is possible within the potential candidates that make the playoff cut.

So yeah, the Texans can win the Super Bowl, just like 12 teams that make the playoffs can win the Super Bowl, as well.

"Will they win the Super Bowl?" is how TK should have worded it, simply because that's a true dividing line for the sunshine pumpers.

I wonder how many koolaide kids would still vote "yes" if the word "can" was changed to "will"...
ANd don't think for a second that it wasn't worded like that on purpose.

I firmly remember TK stating that he wanted Kubiak gone if the Texans didn't go to the AFC championship or more this season. That was his barometer, but of course I'm sure that he'll claim that he never stated that or that his words were being misinterpreted. It's funny now at the end of the season and we're seeing completely different stances once again.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #107
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
ANd don't think for a second that it wasn't worded like that on purpose.

I firmly remember TK stating that he wanted Kubiak gone if the Texans didn't go to the AFC championship or more this season. That was his barometer, but of course I'm sure that he'll claim that he never stated that or that his words were being misinterpreted. It's funny now at the end of the season and we're seeing completely different stances once again.
Of course. TK is playing his best jedi mind game tricks with the wording of it.

It's not really applicable to believe if something can happen. Belief really applies to if it will happen in your opinion. The question is not valid to me as a result.
Old 12-27-2011   #108
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I did not ask the question wrong. The distinction you made is correct.

I definitely didn't intend to seperate the sunshiners from anyone. We all love this team.
Old 12-28-2011   #109
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I did not ask the question wrong. The distinction you made is correct.

I definitely didn't intend to seperate the sunshiners from anyone. We all love this team.
The term "believe" is not applicable to mathematical possibilities, which is what the "can" implies.

Your question is illogical to me.

But, I understand intent, which is why I talk in the thread but refrain from participating in the poll.
Old 01-11-2012   #110
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

If you haven't voted yet, now's a good time.
Old 01-11-2012   #111
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I have voted and I'm sticking with my answer
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #112
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The term "believe" is not applicable to mathematical possibilities, which is what the "can" implies.

Your question is illogical to me.

But, I understand intent, which is why I talk in the thread but refrain from participating in the poll.
The earth was flat at one time.....didnt you know ???
Old 01-11-2012   #113
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: I Believe

Quote:
This is a little early. We've got a game to go before we go into the post season.

I want to know where you are as a fan, do you believe or don't you.

I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.

When Brian Cushing is holding up that Lombardi as the Super Bowl MVP & he says, "Nobody gave us a chance, Nobody thought we could win it all."

Will he be talking about you?
Closing my eyes.....saying "I believe" like the little boy in Polar Express......thats me...
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #114
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Yessssss.sssss.........
Old 01-11-2012   #115
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

If andre johnson is healthy and plays to his ability he opens up our offense and we have a very good chance. We have to protect TJ yates as well so we have to control Terrell Suggs he is going to be a beast but the Ravens Secondary is average except for Ed Reed so we have to be careful but I think that we have a good shot at this game.
Old 01-11-2012   #116
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
If andre johnson is healthy and plays to his ability he opens up our offense and we have a very good chance. We have to protect TJ yates as well so we have to control Terrell Suggs he is going to be a beast but the Ravens Secondary is average except for Ed Reed so we have to be careful but I think that we have a good shot at this game.
I am pretty sure Brown did not allow Suggs to get to Schaub last game, hopefully he can repeat that....
Old 01-11-2012   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I am pretty sure Brown did not allow Suggs to get to Schaub last game, hopefully he can repeat that....
Brown did not allow a sack, but there were two plays that I remember vividly where Brown lost contain & Matt had to add lib..... one I think he was stripped of the ball.

Every Texan needs to step it up if they want to win this game. They can't play as good as they did last time, even Jacoby who had a really good game.... they all have to step it up a notch.

THis is their Super Bowl, gotta leave it all on the field.

ALL
Old 01-11-2012   #118
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brown did not allow a sack, but there were two plays that I remember vividly where Brown lost contain & Matt had to add lib..... one I think he was stripped of the ball.

Every Texan needs to step it up if they want to win this game. They can't play as good as they did last time, even Jacoby who had a really good game.... they all have to step it up a notch.

THis is their Super Bowl, gotta leave it all on the field.

ALL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read