Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!! 46 56.10%
hell no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2011   #81
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Believe

As usual I'm not worried about how Im perceived so I'm going to answer honestly. Hell no! That doesn't mean I dont want us to win. It doesn't mean I wouldn't give my left nut for a win and it doesn't make me any less a fan than anyone that answered hell yes. I really don't see the point in this thread.
Old 12-27-2011   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
As usual I'm not worried about how Im perceived so I'm going to answer honestly. Hell no! That doesn't mean I dont want us to win. It doesn't mean I wouldn't give my left nut for a win and it doesn't make me any less a fan than anyone that answered hell yes. I really don't see the point in this thread.
I really don't see the point of your post.
Old 12-27-2011   #83
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
if your fan hood is being questioned, that's on you.
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan

Quote:
msr
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Seriously?
I guess CarrBomb is your alter ego.

I thought we had rules against that.
Old 12-27-2011   #85
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No doubt in my mind we're going to win the Super Bowl. I've been saying that all year long.

Well, when Schaub got hurt, I said we might not win.

But I've come around.... we're going to win.
I'm with you Jim!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab2pnlWkd4

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #86
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson comes back and we take care of the ball, and anything can happen.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #87
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh.....another thread devolving into another batch of silly "I'm a better fan than you are" posts. Really now, it's getting pretty sad around here. We are all Texan fans or we wouldn't be posting here so damn much. Trying to measure who has the biggest fannish dick in the forum just seems stupid and counter productive to me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2011   #88
axisv
Rookie

If we win just one playoff game under the current circumstances the season is a huge success. Next season watch out for the Texans!
axisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #89
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Great minds think alike.

I'll take your response as acquiescence.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #90
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about now?

As far as "guilt trip"...I don't think the guy was trying to make you "feel guilty". He was stating facts. You can be realistic and be a freaking fan at the same time. Seriously, y'all don't know how idiotic y'all sound by acting like y'all are "super fans" are something. Frankly it's ridiculous.

The poll in this thread is basically a 50/50 split. I guess half the people who registered for this board are shitty fans and deserve to have their "fandom questioned".
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #91
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really don't see the point of your post.
I really don't see the point in this thread and can't believe it's produced as many pages as it has.
Old 12-27-2011   #92
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What the hell are you talking about now?

Are far as "guilt trip"...I don't think the guy was trying to make you "feel guilty". He was stating facts. You can be realistic and be a freaking fan at the same time. Seriously, y'all don't know how idiotic y'all sound by acting like y'all are "super fans" are something. Frankly it's ridiculous.

The poll in this thread is basically a 50/50 split. I guess half the people who registered for this board are shitty fans and deserve to have their "fandom questioned".
The poster in question states that the Texans are going to win it all every year no matter what the situation is. This is just "super fan" talk from someone who will deny ever saying any of this after the playoffs are over any way. If you're not saying that we'll win it all or questioning the liklihood of it, then you're a bad fan. Lol!

Sorry, but when I read that stuff around here, I just get a good chuckle and disregard those people's posts going forward. This isn't a cheerleader site last time I checked. It's a Texans football forum where the aspects of the team are discussed and most people's intentions are to discuss them objectively. Anyone who is stupid enough to think that someone isn't an extremely passionate fan for this team when they take all this time out to post and express their feelings on this team as much as many do in here isn't worth the time honestly. Someone who hated this team or wasn't a fan wouldn't even waste the time.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #93
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
meh.....another thread devolving into another batch of silly "I'm a better fan than you are" posts. Really now, it's getting pretty sad around here. We are all Texan fans or we wouldn't be posting here so damn much. Trying to measure who has the biggest fannish dick in the forum just seems stupid and counter productive to me.
I agree Thorn.

TK has lost touch with reality when it comes to anything Texans. He overdosed on sunshine and koolaid a while back. And ObsiWan. I rarely agree with anything he posts and that avatar. Seriously? I have both on ignore. I peek once in a while to see if either one has managed to get clean and sober.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #94
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I agree Thorn.

TK has lost touch with reality when it comes to anything Texans. He overdosed on sunshine and koolaid a while back. And ObsiWan. I rarely agree with anything he posts and that avatar. Seriously? I have both on ignore. I peek once in a while to see if either one has managed to get clean and sober.
Somehow, I think you missed the meaning of my post.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #95
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My daddy can beat up your daddy and if you don't believe it you are stupid, Stupid!.
Doody head.
Old 12-27-2011   #96
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Since 2000, #3 Seed and lower have a 64% chance of playing in the Super Bowl and a 45% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
2010-11 (XLV)
Packers (#6 NFC Seed) **SB Winner
Steelers (#2 AFC Seed)

2009-10 (XLIV)
Colts (#1 AFC Seed)
Saints (#1 NFC Seed) **SB WInner

2008-09 (XLIII)
Steelers (#2 Seed) **SB Winner
Cardinals (#4 Seed)

2007-08 (XLII)
Patriots (#1 AFC Seed)
Giants (#5 NFC Seed) **SB Winner

2006-07 (XLI)
Colts (#3 AFC Seed) **SB Winner
Bears (#1 NFC Seed)

2005-06 (XL)
Seattle (#1 NFC Seed)
Steelers (#6 AFC Team) **SB Winner

2004-05 (XXXIX)
Patriots (#2 AFC Seed) **SB Winner
Eagles (#1 NFC Seed)

2003-04 (XXXVIII)
Panthers (#3 NFC Seed)
Patriots (#1 AFC Seed) **SB Winner

2002 (XXXVII)
Raiders (#1 AFC Seed)
Buccaneers (#2 NFC Seed) **SB Winner

2001 (XXXVI)
Rams (#1 NFC Seed)
Patriots (#1 AFC Seed) **SB Winner

2000 (XXXV)
Ravens (#4 AFC Seed) **SB Winner
Giants (#1 NFC Seed)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #97
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Since 2000, #3 Seed and lower have a 64% chance of playing in the Super Bowl and a 45% chance of winning the Super Bowl.
Awesome.. How many of those teams were starting a 3rd string rookie QB?

This isn't your average #3 team, it's why if you go to every board of the the other AFC playoff teams and ask them which team would they love to face in the first round, all of them would say the Houston Texans.
Old 12-27-2011   #98
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
The Texans are going to win the Super Bowl.

When that happens, a lot of people are going to say, "I knew they could do it." ..l.
I'd be more like "holy sh1+, they won!!!!" Screaming my head off and running in the streets.

I'm still behind them and hope they have enough in them to believe in themselves and (wake the heck up) do go back on the winning track all the way.

But if it's a black or white answer... I'll go on record as: nah... unfortunately, not this year. Too many seasons of football past and too banged up this year.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #99
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Awesome.. How many of those teams were starting a 3rd string rookie QB?

This isn't your average #3 team, it's why if you go to every board of the the other AFC playoff teams and ask them which team would they love to face in the first round, all of them would say the Houston Texans.
Yeah and many of those same fans wanted their teams to draft guys like Ryan Leaf or other questionable players. Does Reggie Bush come to mind? So who cares what they say?

Of course they say that... Few fans actually fully read the articles or for sure not even see the games. They just regurgitate what they have heard in sound bytes here and there so who cares who they say that want to face. I am sure the Steelers, Falcons and Bengals all thought the same thing. "Easy Win" right?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #100
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Well, except for the fact that "I am a better fan than you!!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read