Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!! 46 56.10%
hell no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2011   #61
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For me, it's not about being right. It's about being behind our team 100% every step of the way.

Again, if you've got concerns, that's ok. If you've got honest to God constructive criticism, that's ok.

It's not about being right... it's about being behind them boys on Kirby.
There's not a person in this forum who "isn't behind them boys on Kirby".

And didn't you get the memo... Apparently there's no such thing as "constructive or non-constructive criticism"...all our opinions are irrelevent.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #62
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Saying your team has a shot, doesn't mean you believe they'll win the SB. You can feel your team has a shot and still think they aren't going to win the SB...and if they DID win the SB, who the hell would really give a flying flip if they were wrong about that? Seriously, what point are you trying to make here?
And that was the exact poll question: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
No doubt in my mind we're going to win the Super Bowl. I've been saying that all year long.

Well, when Schaub got hurt, I said we might not win.

But I've come around.... we're going to win.
Old 12-26-2011   #64
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When the options are hell yes or hell no...it's kinda either or...not really "can".

I've already said (maybe you should go back and read) do I think it's impossible...no I don't, nothing is...weirder stuff has happened (even said that), but do I think they will.. Nope at this point I don't think we're going to be SB champs, sorry.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
When the options are hell yes or hell no...it's kinda either or...not really "can".

I've already said (maybe you should go back and read) do I think it's impossible...no I don't, nothing is...weirder stuff has happened (even said that), but do I think they will.. Nope at this point I don't think we're going to be SB champs, sorry.
That's correct. That's the way I worded the question. You're in or you're out.

No shame either way.
Old 12-26-2011   #66
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's not about being right... it's about being behind them boys on Kirby.
I am behind them 100%.

At the same time my common sense tells me they don't have what it takes to beat the best teams in the league on the road.

The evidence of that was on full display last Thursday night. We all saw it. The Texans lost to the worst team in the league. And it wasn't a fluke.

The Texans. Got Beat. By the worst team in the league.

It's possible to be a great fan and not delude yourself into believing that your team has what it takes to beat the best teams in the league on the road.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #67
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look again:

Quote:
I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2011   #68
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am with what others have said. I believe that anything can happen in the playoffs. However with the way the offense has played, I can't say I have much faith in that side of the ball along with the inconsistencies of Rackers. Controlling the Time of possession is a must for this offense. We have some high motor defensive guys that Need their rest or we will see failure in the 4th quarter again because they are gassed.

I didn't vote because there is a difference between game day faith and non-game day faith.

I haven't seen this offense put up more than 20 and that is cutting it close with a defense giving up around 17. But that doesn't mean I won't be screaming my head off on game day

Last edited by Wolf; 12-26-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
It's possible to be a great fan and not delude yourself into believing that your team has what it takes to beat the best teams in the league on the road.
I don't think it's being delusional.

We only won 6 games in 2006, but one of our last wins was against the eventual Super Bowl Champs.

The teams that finish the season are rarely ever the same teams that started the season. The Panthers are a better team than what their record shows.

We are not that top 10 offensive team that our stats say we are (11 now). I think the last 4 games were crucial for showing us who we are (now) & what we have to do to be the team we want to be. I also think we have the coaches & a system to get us there.

I doubt our coach is talking about how we lost to the worst team in the NFL. Losers do that. Instead, winners (our team) are talking about the mistakes we made that prevented us from winning that game.

Just like they talked about the mistakes that were made that lost the Panthers game..... Tj made better decisions & didn't put us in bad situations... albeit he may have gone too far to the other side, the safe side. Something I'm sure we're going to correct.

I'm really glad we clinched our division as early as we did, & I'm glad that we weren't doing whatever it takes to win down the stretch..... instead, I think, it was a blessing that we were able to work on our fundamentals.

That's why I think we're going to win the Super Bowl.
Old 12-26-2011   #70
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
I doubt our coach is talking about how we lost to the worst team in the NFL. Losers do that. Instead, winners (our team) are talking about the mistakes we made that prevented us from winning that game.
I certainly hope that's true. As Head Coach he has a responsibility to keep the team believing in their ability to win.

As a fan, I have no such responsibility. I can be brutally honest with no fear of killing team morale.

Quote:
I think we're going to win the Super Bowl.
And as a fellow Texans fan, I hope you're right.
Old 12-26-2011   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!!
hell no
Hell NO to either one...

How about we play well (win-or-loss) but make the Texans "relevant"! How about that??

At the end of the day, NO..... We won't win the Super Bowl.. That said, we could still make a helluva run!! NO?
Old 12-26-2011   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

How about we play well (win-or-loss) but make the Texans "relevant"! How about that??
Sounds like someone needs to start their own thread.

Old 12-26-2011   #73
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hell NO to either one...

At the end of the day, NO..... We won't win the Super Bowl.. That said, we could still make a helluva run!! NO?
Tried to rep you. MSR
Old 12-26-2011   #74
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I assume that the 46%* who voted "Hell No" will not be watching the Texans if they play in the Super Bowl...

Because why would you watch your team that is certain to lose the game?

If you watch, then some part of you believes the Texans might win,
So you voted wrong in the poll.

*My guess is a bunch of skirt wearing, cousin-marrying Titans fans cranked up the generator and surfed over to TT on their Commodore 64s to do their outhouse business here on our forum.
I voted no, but I always watch the Super Bowl, and I will watch this one. If we get into this one, which I think is unlikely, I hope I will have the opportunity to see the Saints vs the Texans. Either way, I'm happy.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #75
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sounds like someone needs to start their own thread.

Meh!! It's been started all too often!!!

Quote:
Tried to rep you. MSR
No worries cat, we're on the same page.
Old 12-26-2011   #76
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it will be tough but we can do it. Playoffs always are
Old 12-27-2011   #77
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

IMHO the people who voted HELL NO are still behind the Texans, but the heartbreak they have suffered over the last 9 seasons has caused them to shield themselves from further pain and suffering by using rational thought instead of kool-aid induced beliefs.

Having said that I feel they sell themselves short because after all this is just a game... If said miracle should happen will you guys really enjoy the win as much as you would have before you became so jaded?

Fan is short for Fanatic... the definition of Fanatic on Dictionary.com follows.

"a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal"

So by definition some would say those who are critical of their Team are not true fans. Do you still wear your Texans gear when you go out in public when they lose to the worst team in the league? I know I do.

IMHO you guys are riding the fence.. you want to have you cake and eat it too. If you stay on the fence then you can still include yourself as a fan of the Texans if they win and enjoy the celebration, but can stay away from the criticism, or heartbreak if they lose.

This poll is worded perfectly... It asks do you believe then CAN win, not is it likely, plausible, or asked you to ad any further explanation. The reality is ANY team in the playoffs CAN win it all. That includes the Texans regardless of what you have seen the last two weeks. 4 weeks if you are one of those who are now questioning the wins over the Falcons and the Bengals.

Do you think the Panthers are saying "yeah we won that game, but we had to result to trick plays to score or rely on their turnovers to win"? Do you think the Colts are saying "Yeah we won, but only because the refs helped us"?

I am happy there are fans who choose to ride the fence and hide behind being realistic... This would be pretty boring if everyone was on the kool-aid.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
IMHO the people who voted HELL NO are still behind the Texans, but the heartbreak they have suffered over the last 9 seasons has caused them to shield themselves from further pain and suffering by using rational thought instead of kool-aid induced beliefs.
To me, it's like being in love. Forget rational thought, forget reasoning, and above all else, forget about getting hurt.

Go all in. Throw caution to the wind. Live.
Old 12-27-2011   #79
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Forget rational thought, forget reasoning
Aha! So there is an element of self-delusion here.

No problem. Good for you. Enjoy yourself.

But just because I'm being rational doesn't mean I'm not enjoying this and it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.
Old 12-27-2011   #80
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

But just because I'm being rational doesn't mean I'm not enjoying this and it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.
Don't lay that guilt trip on me, if your fan hood is being questioned, that's on you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read