Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!! 46 56.10%
hell no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2011   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
But how is believeing in the team going to affect what happens on the field (unless we are prescribing to an Eastern stream of thought that says we are all one and the actions of the one affect the actions of the many on a quantum level)?
If we don't win the SB, it'll all be our fault.

Screw it, I'll be y'all's "McGrady"...y'all can all blame me. If we don't win the SB, it's my fault.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #42
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
The Eagles would have reason to believe.

They have an excellent head coach who has been to the big game once already and slew of championship games to boot.

They also have an elite quarterback.
The Texans are going to win the Super Bowl.

When that happens, a lot of people are going to say, "I knew they could do it."

I knew Brian & Watt & Reed & Demeco were bad mamajama's.

I knew Jjo & Quin & Manning & Kj & Allen & McCain were winners.

I knew Wade was a genius.

I knew through all his faults Kubiak was "good enough"

I knew Arian was special

I knew Duane Brown was the baddest man on the planet.

I knew the Texans were on the right track....

Some of the people who will say that are saying it now. The others won't be saying it till after it's a done deal.
Old 12-26-2011   #44
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I guess its good you made it a public poll, that way we can easily tell who was right and went all Miss Cleo up in here.
Old 12-26-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Well I guess you should've made it a public poll, that way we could easily tell who was right and went all Miss Cleo up in here.
It is a public poll
Old 12-26-2011   #46
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I knew Arian was special

Some of the people who will say that are saying it now. The others won't be saying it till after it's a done deal.
yeah a lot of people do, kind of like how before TJ yates started everyone was like he has no chance, after he pulls off 3 wins they all "knew he would be great all along" and now they cant believe Kubiak ever gave the kid a shot to begin with it is almost comical to see people opinions change week to week, and then in the end they say "they knew all along" haha
Old 12-26-2011   #47
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It is a public poll
I know..already edited.
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2011   #48
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I knew Arian was special

Fortunately I've never been really hung up on being right.

It's really easy for me to say I was wrong. I do it all the time

Additionally, I know that NFL results have nothing to do with whether I believe one thing or another.

My common sense tells me there's not a snowball's chance in hell that the team that just lost to the worst team in the league is going to win the Super Bowl.

I also know that the fact that I don't believe the Texans can win the Super Bowl doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else. I'll still be cheering them on. I just won't have any irrational fantasies in my head while I'm cheering.

You have me on record right now saying it's not going to happen this year and, if it does, I'll be the first to say I was dead wrong.

But it's not going to happen....
Old 12-26-2011   #49
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's really easy for me to say I was wrong. I do it all the time

Additionally, I know that NFL results have nothing to do with whether I believe one thing or another.

My common sense tells me there's not a snowball's chance in hell that the team that just lost to the worst team in the league is going to win the Super Bowl.

I also know that the fact that I don't believe the Texans can win the Super Bowl doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else. I'll still be cheering them on. I just won't have any irrational fantasies in my head while I'm cheering.

You have me on record right now saying it's not going to happen this year and, if it does, I'll be the first to say I was dead wrong.

But it's not going to happen....
you know what the little engine who could kept on saying. i think i can, i think i can.
Old 12-26-2011   #50
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
you know what the little engine who could kept on saying. i think i can, i think i can.
LOL!

Hopefully that's what Yates says to himself every night before he nods off.
Old 12-26-2011   #51
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah a lot of people do, kind of like how before TJ yates started everyone was like he has no chance, after he pulls off 3 wins they all "knew he would be great all along" and now they cant believe Kubiak ever gave the kid a shot to begin with it is almost comical to see people opinions change week to week, and then in the end they say "they knew all along" haha
A lot of the things he listed above...I had nailed also.

Nailed Foster from the minute we picked him up (not to the degree he'd be tops in the league...but knew he'd be a player for us and a surprise UDFA)

I knew our front 7 (Barwin, Reed, Cush, Smith, Watt) was going to BEAST and knew we wouldn't miss a beat without Mario...somebody here was WRONG about that, not going to name any names

Absolutely nailed Duane Brown when everyone was calling him a reach I saw special ability..me and YoungTexanFan used to go back and forth about it till the cows came home.

I liked the J.Jo and Manning signing also

Thought Wade was going to do a good job for us, I did want Kubes fired after last season though and still believe that he should've been fired

Oh well, just like everybody here...there's things you're right about and there's things you aren't right about. Nobody is right about everything.
Old 12-26-2011   #52
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Unusual things happen in NFL games all the time. But for us to win the wildcard game, the division game, the conference game and then the Super Bowl? Nope.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #53
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I assume that the 46%* who voted "Hell No" will not be watching the Texans if they play in the Super Bowl...

Because why would you watch your team that is certain to lose the game?

If you watch, then some part of you believes the Texans might win,
So you voted wrong in the poll.

*My guess is a bunch of skirt wearing, cousin-marrying Titans fans cranked up the generator and surfed over to TT on their Commodore 64s to do their outhouse business here on our forum.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #54
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I assume that the 46%* who voted "Hell No" will not be watching the Texans if they play in the Super Bowl...

Just because I believe they won't go to the Super Bowl, won't win the Super Bowl, can't win the Super Bowl that doesn't mean there's no chance.

Like I said earlier, I've been wrong before. I've been wrong many times.

I don't believe the Texans will win the Super Bowl, but I'm going to cheer for them anyway and hope for the best.

There are mornings I get up and look outside and see dark thunderclouds. I'm fairly certain it's going to rain, but I hope I'm wrong.

See how that works?
Old 12-26-2011   #55
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe, we nut up and beat the Tinbreds this week. It just depends on who we play on the first round of the playoffs before I make my decision on the rest of the way.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:

If you watch, then some part of you believes the Texans might win,
So you voted wrong in the poll.

*My guess is a bunch of skirt wearing, cousin-marrying Titans fans cranked up the generator and surfed over to TT on their Commodore 64s to do their outhouse business here on our forum.
And I assume the 55% who voted "hell yes" will be waiting outside of Kubiak's house with pitch forks ready to run him clear out of town when he fails to deliver your "expectations" for another season.

Because why would you want to keep around a coach who couldn't win a game that you expected to win.. Because if you don't ask him to be fired, then some part of you "believes" the Texans have no shot

See, two can play this game.
Old 12-26-2011   #57
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just because I believe they won't go to the Super Bowl, won't win the Super Bowl, can't win the Super Bowl that doesn't mean there's no chance.
Then you voted wrong.

See how that works?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #58
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Then you voted wrong.

See how that works?

Really?

I don't think so.

Observe:

Quote:
I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.
Old 12-26-2011   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Then you voted wrong.

See how that works?
Saying your team has a shot, doesn't mean you believe they'll win the SB. You can feel your team has a shot and still think they aren't going to win the SB...and if they DID win the SB, who the hell would really give a flying flip if they were wrong about that? Seriously, what point are you trying to make here?
Old 12-26-2011   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
For me, it's not about being right. It's about being behind our team 100% every step of the way.

Again, if you've got concerns, that's ok. If you've got honest to God constructive criticism, that's ok.

On paper, this doesn't look like the best team in the league. I have my own concerns about Gary Kubiak.

But I believe in the Houston Texans.

Jan 1, I'm going to be at Reliant & I'm going to do my damndest to make sure the team understand where I'm at. I have a feeling there will be 70,000+ on hand doing the same.

& we're going to do the same thing Wild Card weekend.

When they go on the road to Baltimore or Pittsburgh, I hope they remember those 70,000+ & whup some ass.

I'll be rooting for whoever to beat New England, to bring the AFC Championship game back to Houston & I'll be in that crowd (tickets already bought & paid for) supporting my team 100%

It's not about being right... it's about being behind them boys on Kirby.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read