Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!! 46 56.10%
hell no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2011   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Actually, that's what I would have voted too. I may, what was it you said, "pump sunshine and crap rainbows" at times but I'm enough of a realist to know that, right now, with most of our offensive arsenal either gimpy or totally gone, and our 3rd string QB only able to average 16 pts/game, we are a very, very, very long shot.
Yeah, I apologize for that... I was extremely pissed off after losing to a 1-14 Colts team. After bad loses like that I'm going to start enforcing a self mandated 5 day rule. Where I have to unplug for about 5 days. It used to only take a couple of days, but when DanO beats you on a last second pass, that one could've used a few more extra days to decompress.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah, I apologize for that... I was extremely pissed off after losing to a 1-14 Colts team. After bad loses like that I'm going to start enforcing a self mandated 5 day rule. Where I have to unplug for about 5 days. It used to only take a couple of days, but when DanO beats you on a last second pass, that one could've used a few more extra days to decompress.
No harm done.
We were all pissed.
I was pissed at the zebras who kept taking outstanding defensive plays and turning them into first downs while also stopping the clock.

Speaking of which, the Texans said they were going to send 6-7 plays into the league office. I wonder how they responded...?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I answered yes just because I'm not saying "hell no". But realistically, it will be very difficult with the way our offense has been playing with TJ.
I understand this.

& that's okay.

I know it's not going to be easy. The Texans have a lot of crap they've got to overcome, a lot of things are going to have to fall our way.

I'm asking if you are behind this team, do you believe in them boys on Kirby?

Yes or no. You answered yes, you're a fanatic..... reality has no place in this conversation.
Old 12-26-2011   #24
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No harm done.
We were all pissed.
I was pissed at the zebras who kept taking outstanding defensive plays and turning them into first downs while also stopping the clock.

Speaking of which, the Texans said they were going to send 6-7 plays into the league office. I wonder how they responded...?
They never really respond.. They hate to admit when they're wrong. If J.J. Watt doesn't get a fine, that's basically the closest you'll get to them admitting fault. They really did royally screw us though. It felt like every drive the Colts had was extended by a questionable call.
Old 12-26-2011   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
If you get there, you can win it.

Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl. I believe.
Very similar circumstances. When it was time for the nut-cutting, the Bears run game did not show up.

That's why I think it is important we work on the finer points of our run game these last few weeks. Especially adding a RG to the mix this late in the game.

We can't put our play-off hopes in Tj. He's a cog that has to do his part, but his part can't be too big. We can't expect him to turn into Rogers, or Brady, or Brees. He's got to be our Dilfer or Johnson. Do his part, don't screw it up.

If we're going to win the Super Bowl, it's going to be a team win.
Old 12-26-2011   #26
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Very similar circumstances. When it was time for the nut-cutting, the Bears run game did not show up.

That's why I think it is important we work on the finer points of our run game these last few weeks. Especially adding a RG to the mix this late in the game.

We can't put our play-off hopes in Tj. He's a cog that has to do his part, but his part can't be too big. We can't expect him to turn into Rogers, or Brady, or Brees. He's got to be our Dilfer or Johnson. Do his part, don't screw it up.

If we're going to win the Super Bowl, it's going to be a team win.
the way they have been talking is that Brisel will be back by the first play-off game, oh lord i hope so.
Old 12-26-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
They never really respond.. They hate to admit when they're wrong. If J.J. Watt doesn't get a fine, that's basically the closest you'll get to them admitting fault. They really did royally screw us though. It felt like every drive the Colts had was extended by a questionable call.
If I were Caldwell, the first time I saw any player sack my QB with a leg tackle, I'd be all over the referees. The second time even more so. The third time... I'm expecting a flag.

I don't think JJ did anything wrong on any of his sacks. But, I saw three times where he got Orlovsky around the legs & I think they were all on that last drive.

It sucks that he was flagged on the one he was pushed into the QB, I think they need to rewrite the rule.

He beat a guard on one play, was falling down, lunged to the right of Orlovsky, got one hand on his hip, the other on a knee & brought him down. Another, Orlovsky was running out of the pocket & JJ got a shoe string tackle (probably went down as a 1 yard gain). Then there was the last time where he was forced into the back of the QBs legs & that was the one I thought was dangerous..... shouldn't have been called because he was pushed, but rolling up on the back of the legs is dangerous.

But like I said earlier, in another thread. One or two questionable calls on the last drive, I can understand. But three.... when they let so much go earlier.... that sounds very fishy to me.
Old 12-26-2011   #28
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

its amazing how so many of you have this game of football all figured out. the reality of the situation is you know absolutely nothing, theres a reason you work some 9-5 job and arent on the sidelines or behind a camera analyzing this game. all the team is asking you to do is believe in them and you cant even do that.. what a shame..
Old 12-26-2011   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
its amazing how so many of you have this game of football all figured out. the reality of the situation is you know absolutely nothing, theres a reason you work some 9-5 job and arent on the sidelines or behind a camera analyzing this game. all the team is asking you to do is believe in them and you cant even do that.. what a shame..
As fans, we expect them to put out 120% for 60 minutes.

In return, all we've got to do is believe...
Old 12-26-2011   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Been believing for the previous nine years. Why would I stop now?
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #31
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
This is a little early. We've got a game to go before we go into the post season.

I want to know where you are as a fan, do you believe or don't you.

I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.

When Brian Cushing is holding up that Lombardi as the Super Bowl MVP & he says, "Nobody gave us a chance, Nobody thought we could win it all."

Will he be talking about you?
You really want to know what I believe?.. I have posted this before and I'm sticking to it. I believe we are the Cincinatti Bengals and Gary Kubiak is Marvin Lewis. I believe this team with this coach will hoover around a .500 record, never really distinguishing themselves as a top tier team or a bottom feeder, but always just average. Oh occassionally they will have an up year (like this one) or a really down year(like last year) but usually they flutter a game or two within .500. Nothing special.
How do I explain this year? an anomoly...The AFC south as a whole was down. The Colts were not even a shadow of their former selves without Manning. The Titans, as well, were not as good as they have been in the past. And the Jags were even worse than they have ever been. We beat a Steelers team early in the season while they were still trying to get their legs under them. Everyone else were either loosers or mid-level teams like ourselves whose games might have gone either way. But over all, we are the AFC South Bengals, and I imagine that next year we will come back to earth.
I haven't really posted much about this because I have been actually enjoying the "our up year division championship run."
But, as far as the play-offs go, we are one and done, and we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting to the Superbowl.
So to answer your question, if by some miracle Bryan Cushing is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, and doing it because the Houston Texans have won it, and not because he took a temporary job as a trophy hoister for some other team; then yes he will be talking about me. I do not believe!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #32
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
WTH are you talking about? You've been on this board for a New York minute. You don't know crap about any poster here and you don't know anything about our "fandom". Jesus Christ, I can't stand these self proclaimed "super fans".

P.S.

If you're "behind a camera" you're just another 9-5 Joe, it's the people in front of the camera that analyze the games. None of that really matters though, because you don't need to be a "pro" in order to have a freaking opinion.
Old 12-26-2011   #33
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WTH are you talking about? You've been on this board for a New York minute. You don't know crap about any poster here and you don't know anything about our "fandom". Jesus Christ, I can't stand these self proclaimed "super fans".

P.S.

If you're "behind a camera" you're just another 9-5 Joe, it's the people in front of the camera that analyze the games. None of that really matters though, because you don't need to be a "pro" in order to have a freaking opinion.
did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. you can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. you can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. your opinion is irrelevant.. yes you, YOUR, opinion is irrelevant. and your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. nice PS though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..
Old 12-26-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier View Post
did you vote "hell no"... If so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. You can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. You can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. Your opinion is irrelevant.. Yes you, your, opinion is irrelevant. And your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. Nice ps though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..
msr
Old 12-26-2011   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, you're failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. you can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. you can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. your opinion is irrelevant.. yes you, YOUR, opinion is irrelevant. and your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only Texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. nice PS though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..
I never asked for your respect and that's not why I brought up the freaking join date. I brought it up, because you just got here and now you're trying to swing around some big paint brush, painting us as bad fans (when you clearly don't know us) and trying to tell us how much of a better fan you are (again...when you don't know us from Adam). It's completely STUPID and you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Another thing, I know my opinion is irrelevant in the big scheme of things.....just as IRRELEVANT as yours, just as IRRELEVANT as some "talking head" on T.V... but it's STILL a opinion and opinions that I can make on a message board without holding some league position. I guess according to you we should just shut down the board and have no football discussions at all.. I mean what's the point in making irrelevant opinions? Or maybe we could keep the board up, but in order to post you have to prove that you work or played in the league? Yeah, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of discussion going on then

You also don't know what the hell you're talking about when you try to tie "fan support" to always being in the tank and gung ho about your team. That's completely misinformed and flat out wrong. I've been stationed up north and I've seen how to a fan, they support their teams. NY Giant fans, Philly fans, Chicago fans are >>>> than Houston Texan fans and much more passionate and they are also HIGHLY critical of their teams and sometimes blatantly honest. Especially Philly fans who slam their team, but they're still recognized as EXTREMELY PASSIONATE FANS and some of the best in the league (I know they get in their seats before the 1st quarter is over...) I know what my job being a fan is.. it's to support this team through thick and thin and I do that by buying tickets..going out to games..and buying all the other crap they sale. It's not my "job" to swallow the company line and always be rah rah...I actually have a brain which allows me to think for myself. So you can go ahead and park your high horse and get off.
Old 12-26-2011   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Especially Philly fans who slam their team, but they're still recognized as EXTREMELY PASSIONATE FANS and some of the best in the league
There's nothing wrong with being critical or brutally honest. But I guarantee you if the Eagles had made it.... (I think they have no chance since the Giants won)... but if they made it, to a tee they would all believe they can win the Super Bowl.

Once you get in, it's a whole new season. They don't know which Eagles team would show up, but they believe they have a chance.

I'm not questioning your fandom.... it takes all kinds. But I agree with Premier, in this case, the Texans need all the "I believe" fans they can get right now.
Old 12-26-2011   #37
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 55012 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just playing devil's advocate here - but I believe there's a valid argument to the contrary:

All the team is asking me to do is believe? I don't think so. "The Team" is defined as it's many parts, all of which are mutually inclusive to the whole - never are they seperated, even when you view the players individually.

"The Team" is Bob McNair, and he asked that we spent our money on a stadium so that we can be entertained. He also ask for our money in the form of merchandise, tickets, hotdogs and beer so that we can be entertained.

"The Team" is the coaching staff, and on another level as entertainers, they would rather be left the hell alone to do their jobs. They know that they must perform in front of the media, etc...but if they had their druthers, they wouldn't jump through all the extra hoops of press conferences, et al.

"The Team" are the players, and more often than not they have forgotten they are in the entertainment industry; and though, by and large, they are more accessible to the public - as opposed to film actors and actresses - their art is, nevertheless, under more scrutiny by the above mentioned "team players."

When you go see a film you believe you are putting your money down in good faith that the film will be good. But not all of them are good. You might be going to see the work of your favorite actors or actresses. You might be going because you love the director. You might be going because the plot, alone, sounds good. All of this is rather blind; yet you go anyway, because of your own belief.

In short, belief has nothing to do with the end result...and I'm not so sure that the powers-that-be are asking you to believe in anything other than your pocketbook.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #38
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 55012 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the Texans need all the "I believe" fans they can get right now.
But how is believeing in the team going to affect what happens on the field (unless we are prescribing to an Eastern stream of thought that says we are all one and the actions of the one affect the actions of the many on a quantum level)?
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being critical or brutally honest. But I guarantee you if the Eagles had made it.... (I think they have no chance since the Giants won)... but if they made it, to a tee they would all believe they can win the Super Bowl.

Once you get in, it's a whole new season. They don't know which Eagles team would show up, but they believe they have a chance.

I'm not questioning your fandom.... it takes all kinds. But I agree with Premier, in this case, the Texans need all the "I believe" fans they can get right now.

LOL...um yeah, have them make the playoffs and then have to rely on or a third string QB and see how many of them "would honestly believe they're going to get past NOLA and G.B. and win the SB".
Old 12-26-2011   #40
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Eagles would have reason to believe.

They have an excellent head coach who has been to the big game once already and slew of championship games to boot.

They also have an elite quarterback.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read