Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!! 46 56.10%
hell no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default I Believe

This is a little early. We've got a game to go before we go into the post season.

I want to know where you are as a fan, do you believe or don't you.

I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.

When Brian Cushing is holding up that Lombardi as the Super Bowl MVP & he says, "Nobody gave us a chance, Nobody thought we could win it all."

Will he be talking about you?
Old 12-26-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Believe

i believe we can win the superbowl. To me it just seems we are destined to, with all the injuries, and the recent 2 game collapse. We go limping into the play-offs, like rocky balboa against the Russian, we appear to be down and out, and then bam, we hit em with a right and a left, we ride that to the AFC championship game where we counter with a deadly upper cut. In the super bowl we go all out MMA on these fools with a round house straight to the head.
Old 12-26-2011   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins were the starting Super Bowl QBs in 2001.

One of them won it. I believe.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #4
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess you haven't watched the games TJ Yates has started. The Texans scraped by the Bengals and Falcons. Those 2 could have easily been losses. Both games came down to the very end and the Texans were very lucky especially with the dropped ball by Atlanta in the endzone. In the Bengals game the Texans played terrible the 1st half. They were lucky to still be in the game. The 2 losses were to teams with losing records. Carolina has a terrible defense and yet the Texans were unable to move the football. Indy was a 1 win team when the Texans came to town. The refs were bad no doubt but the fact is the Texans did nothing to put this team away. They were beaten by a qb cut by Kubiak.

Now lets move forward to the playoffs. I think there is a 50/50 chance the Texans win at home against the Bengals/Titans/Jets/Raiders. Those teams are beatable with Yates at qb, Andre back and the Texans defense with Wade back. Lets say the Texans make it out with a win. The next game will be against Baltimore or Pittsburgh depending on who wins the division. The Texans couldn't win at Baltimore with Schaub at qb. They beat a wounded Steelers team in Houston (offensive line). I would rather play the Steelers out of those 2 but they have a crap load of playoff experience.

Probably the best chance for the Texans would be that the wildcard team from the AFC north goes up to New England and beats them because the Texans would have 0 chance of beating them unless Brady was on ir. I just don't think the Texans can beat New England/Baltimore/Pittsburgh on the road in the playoffs. I'm basing this on the 4 games the Texans have started with Yates. I would love nothing more than to be wrong.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #5
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe it's possible, because weirder things have happened. Outside of that, I'm just hoping for the best. Perhaps, if Kubiak would take the harness off of T.J. I would be more confident.
Old 12-26-2011   #6
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
No.
Cliffnotes version.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Cliffnotes version.
Old 12-26-2011   #8
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I answered yes just because I'm not saying "hell no". But realistically, it will be very difficult with the way our offense has been playing with TJ.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The easy path would be to say, "hell no".
So many things have to go right for any team to win the big one. And we haven't exactly looked to be on our "A-game" during the last two weeks (I know, understatement of the year). Truth is, right now, we're a long shot. Just like the Giants were against the undefeated Pats (who had the best QB, best WRs and the best HC in the league) and just like the injured Packers were last year.
Even longer.
But, hey, sometimes longshots come through.

So I'm riding this ride as long as it lasts.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's possible we might win our first playoff game against whoever the 6th seed is, but after that, once we start facing the likes of Baltimore and New England on the road, it's over.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #11
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I answered yes just because I'm not saying "hell no". But realistically, it will be very difficult with the way Kubiak calls the offense playing with TJ.
There i fixed it for you
Old 12-26-2011   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

If you get there, you can win it.

Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl. I believe.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

With our terrible play calling, bad play from the O-line, and the inexperience of Yates I voted Hell No.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #14
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we can win the wild card game regardless of the opponent. Past that, I'm not sure we can defeat Baltimore or Pittsburgh on the road. I give us a slightly better chance to be the Pats because their defense is so terrible. It all depends on how we perform in the wild card game.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Do I "believe it could happen"...yes, anything is possible and weirder stuff has happened in this league. Do I think it will happen or is likely to happen? No I don't so I had to vote "hell no"...would rather have a "not likely" option though. Hell no just sounds too negative.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #16
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Do I "believe it could happen"...yes, anything is possible and weirder stuff has happened in this league. Do I think it will happen or is likely to happen? No I don't so I had to vote "hell no"...would rather have a "not likely" option though.
Nothing wrong with a little blind faith, hell i think it is what drives 90% of the world population.
Old 12-26-2011   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Nothing wrong with a little blind faith, hell i think it is what drives 90% of the world population.
I had blind faith up until around 2005..after that I lost my "football religion" When it comes to football (hell just being a Houston sports fan in general), I'm more of a "big bang" theorist and have more of a scientific P.O.V. LOL, this city has beat the faith out of me.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do I "believe it could happen"...yes, anything is possible and weirder stuff has happened in this league. Do I think it will happen or is likely to happen? No I don't so I had to vote "hell no"...would rather have a "not likely" option though. Hell no just sounds too negative.
Actually, that's what I would have voted too. I may, what was it you said, "pump sunshine and crap rainbows" at times but I'm enough of a realist to know that, right now, with most of our offensive arsenal either gimpy or totally gone, and our 3rd string QB only able to average 16 pts/game, we are a very, very, very long shot.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #19
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #20
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes you just have to rely on a miracle
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read