Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2011   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Anyone hear Shockey's post game comments? He said we had about 12 players crossing their arms during the Anthem before the game.

He went on and on about it.

Funny thing is, this isn't the first time this has been brought up.
Old 12-18-2011   #2
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Anyone hear Shockey's post game comments? He said we had about 12 players crossing their arms during the Anthem before the game.

Although it's kind of annoying coming from Shockey, if I were Mr. McNair I would correct this.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Although it's kind of annoying coming from Shockey, if I were Mr. McNair I would correct this.
I agree! It's been reported more than once, twice, three times.

Having had a kid in the Navy and knowing how much they respect that flag, brings it home a little more for me.
Old 12-18-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

First I've heard of this. What is this all about?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #5
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

When else did this go down in the past? And screw Shockey.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #6
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Meh. So what? You aren't required to have your hand over your heart for the national anthem. One of the things about living in the US.
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
When else did this go down in the past? And screw Shockey.
I love how that post reads..

I agree with the rest, though. If true they need to correct the problem, and I do believe it should be considered a problem. And screw Shockey.
Old 12-18-2011   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
First I've heard of this. What is this all about?
We (the team) have been called out by not standing "at full attention" during the National Anthem several times.

Shockey went on this evening about how it's disrespectful, blah, blah, blah.

Problem is, he's RIGHT! Never in a straight line, never at full attention.

As someone who gets a little misty eyed every time (I am a girl after all) they play that anthem, it bugs me.
Old 12-18-2011   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As someone who gets a little misty eyed every time (I am a girl after all) they play that anthem, it bugs me.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a gender-specific phenomenon. My allergies always seem to flare up when the National Anthem gets played. It's the damndest thing...

I believe in every American's right to act however the hell they want during the National Anthem, but not people that represent my business interests. I agree that McNair should put his foot in someone's ass over this.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #10
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Link

Quote:
Jeremy Shockey had a reason for his obnoxious (un-penalized) taunting after his touchdown reception on Sunday. Or at least a reason he gave reporters.

Apparently, the Carolina tight end thought the host Texans didn’t show proper respect toward America in the pregame festivities.

Shockey told reporters that he was upset some of the Texans did not place their hands on their hearts during the National Anthem before the Panthers’ 28-13 victory at Reliant Stadium.

Shockey scored on a 9-yard touchdown pass from Cam Newton in the second quarter. He broke tackles by DeMeco Ryans and Jason Allen to reach the end zone, then got in their faces and taunted them.

It gave the Panthers a 14-0 lead in their 28-13 victory.
Old 12-18-2011   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a problem with it. They're allowed to stand anyway they want during the anthem.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't have a problem with it. They're allowed to stand anyway they want during the anthem.
Agree, if a person wants to be a disrespectful ass during the anthem, it is indeed their right. No disrespect or sarcasm intended there, Sam. Just the way I feel.
Old 12-18-2011   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

He also called Demeco, "Demario Ryans, or whatever."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #14
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Says a lot about the team's attitude pre-game. Arms crossed tells me that they weren't taking the other team seriously or the moment.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are Shockey's words, off the 610 website.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, no story here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #17
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I think Shockey's a loudmouth punk who was ousted by 2 different teams for his attitude. He just wants to be back in the spotlight like his glory days 6+ years ago.
Old 12-18-2011   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Luv ya Kimmy.

But as US citizens, we have the right to disagree with our government. Personally, I don't think the Texans players are making a political statement here, they're just being football players. Most of whom are making a thousand times as much as they would if they had to actually work for living. This is much ado about nothing as I see it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #19
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course, the only way he would know is if he himself was being disrespectful and watching the other team instead of having his eyes fixed on the flag. Look in the mirror, jackass.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #20
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Luv ya Kimmy.

But as US citizens, we have the right to disagree with our government. Personally, I don't think the Texans players are making a political statement here, they're just being football players. Most of whom are making a thousand times as much as they would if they had to actually work for living. This is much ado about nothing as I see it.
Luv Ya Too, you dirty old man

I agree, as much as it is their right not to respect the flag, it's as much my right to be annoyed by it.

It didn't really bother me till my daughter entered the Navy. We were lucky enough to attend a "tiger cruise" on her carrier. Watching all those soldiers stop and salute the flag before they came aboard really changed my way of thinking

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read