Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #1
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 20812 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which playoff scenario would you like better for the Texans?

here you can do the math, which teams would you rather go against in the postseason?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I'm not asking what teams will likely get to the post season, I would like to know what scenario according to you would be the best for the Texans

And if you want, please explain your thoughts
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which playoff scenario would you like better for the Texans?

i would want to play new england. To me they dont have THAT great of an offense. Wes Welker is their best WR, although they do have a damn good TE.

But the reason i want to play them is because they have a very weak run and pass defense. With the way things have been going for the offense we need to play a team that sucks that bad on that side of the ball, and let our strength (DEFENSE) deal with their strength (OFFENSE).
Old 12-24-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If I had my rathers. I'd take the first round bye, we'd have a good chance against Baltimore. As is. I want to play Concurrent at home, Pittsburgh on the road & New England in the AFC Championship game.

That's our best chance to get to the Super Bowl.
Old 12-24-2011   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I certainly would prefer a bye, but that is now gone.

So now, I want Cincy. They have a solid D but our D handled their offense well on the road in Cincy. The Texans hold the psychological advantage here since Cincy is a young team also and not used to success. I don't want Pitt. Sadly in Reliant there will be a TON of Pitt fans. The home field advantage won't be as good and the Steelers are a veteran team used to success. I also don't want the Jets for similar reasons to the Steelers.

I don't want the Titans becuase I don't want Bud to knock us out.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #5
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not completely improbable that we'll end up playing Oakland in the Wild Card game, which I think would be our best bet for a playoff win. From there we would play Baltimore in the divisional game and, should we win that we'd either play Pittsburgh or New England in the AFC Championship, of which I think New England would be the easier game to win. Should the stars align and we get that far, I could only hope that we play the Giants in the Super Bowl.
Old 12-24-2011   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm fine with the 3rd seed and a home game against the 6th. 1 win at home in the first round is probably as good as we're going to get this year. I'll be rooting my butt off for more success, but I don't think it's likely.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we play tenn since we can play our scout team wk17. And then play them agian. They will be playing for everything we will be playing for. Nothing

Then we will prob play the ravens they can be beaten. But they did kick our. Butt last time we played them. But we hand no aj
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2011   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I hope we play tenn since we can play our scout team wk17. And then play them agian. They will be playing for everything we will be playing for. Nothing

Then we will prob play the ravens they can be beaten. But they did kick our. Butt last time we played them. But we hand no aj
Drunk. You is? Hehe.

Old 12-24-2011   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

Drunk. You is? Hehe.

Christmas merry.

Old 12-24-2011   #10
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If I had my rathers. I'd take the first round bye, we'd have a good chance against Baltimore. As is. I want to play Concurrent at home, Pittsburgh on the road & New England in the AFC Championship game.

That's our best chance to get to the Super Bowl.
thats why i was so down on the loss to the colts, u said it was a meaningless loss i'm confused.

Yes a bye week would of been the best scenario but it is what it is, maybe next year.
Old 12-24-2011   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the Chron, a small chance that we still get a bye.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ild-card-game/
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland then NE.

Bengals ran all over the Texans and AJ Green took it to Joseph pretty good.

With Oakland, you can catch them on a bad day where they commit penalties and WRs can't catch a cold.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Oakland then NE.

With Oakland, you can catch them on a bad day where they commit penalties and WRs can't catch a cold.
Benson did run all over us in the first half with 90+ yards, but was held to -1 or so in the 2nd half.

I do agree with wanting to play Oakland though. With a healthy Andre. That game from earlier in the year still gives me a bad taste of my mouth, and I don't think the ghost of Al Davis will be there to bail them out this time.
Old 12-25-2011   #14
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oakland then NE.

Seymour and Kelly held our run game in check all game long. We lost to Oakland, and that was at home. I'd like to play Cincy with a healthy Andre Johnson and take our chances. They have a banged up secondary and we should be able to throw on them.
Old 12-25-2011   #15
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want the titans coming in here in the first round. Most of us have been Houston sports fans and suffered a lot of heartache over the years. I know how that one will play out for the home team. There would be shades of Mike Renfro refs, Frank Reich, Joe Montana, Steve McNair, and Vince Young thrown in throughout the game. The ghosts of the '86 Mets would walk over from the Dome just to help make sure Houston Football lore keeps it's traditions.

LOL. Merry Christmas everybody!!!
Old 12-25-2011   #16
kingh99

The reason this is a bad spot for the Texans is it'll be someone getting in the last week and geeked to the gills about it against someone playing without an edge (Texans) for 4 weeks. I bet the percentages in the Wildcard round where it sets up like this are pretty poor for the home team.
Old 12-25-2011   #17
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68714 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
It's not completely improbable that we'll end up playing Oakland in the Wild Card game, which I think would be our best bet for a playoff win. . .
Quote:
Oakland then NE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I do agree with wanting to play Oakland though. With a healthy Andre. That game from earlier in the year still gives me a bad taste of my mouth, and I don't think the ghost of Al Davis will be there to bail them out this time.
Meanwhile in Oakland . . . fans are talking about the advantage of having Denver win the AFCW IF the Raiders are able to snag the wild-card, because they would prefer to play the Texans over the Steelers.

Raiders beat the Texans in Houston earlier this season, but that was with Jason Campbell and not Carson Palmer. Also, the Texans had Matt Schaub, not Yates at QB, but they were without Andre. It would be like two somewhat different teams playing one another. So, you can throw out the book on their last meeting.

Still, the easiest route for the Raiders appears to be as a WC team coming to Houston, whereas the easiest route for the Texans lies in the options between Cincy, Oakland, Tennessee and NY Jets. Personally, I think the Jests would be the best option, but they need a lot of help to get there. The more likely opponents appear to be the Bengals, then the Raiders, followed by the Titans, and finally the Jets. Or that is how I see it, especially after playing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine.
Old 12-25-2011   #18
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets need to much help to get in. I think it comes down to the Bengals or the Raiders.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #19
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer this years playoff scenario over the past 9 years playoffs scenarios.
Old 12-25-2011   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
According to the Chron, a small chance that we still get a bye.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ild-card-game/
What scenario is That? The Texans can finish no better than 11-5. The Ravens can finish no worse than 11-5 and hold the head-head tiebreaker. The only way the Ravens don't winter Afc north is if they lose and the Steelers finish 12-4. Either way, no bye for the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read