Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Texans playoff W is not out of the question

The Texans have the first defense since the 05 Bears to hold teams to under 20 points 6 weeks in a row, we get to the qb, etc... If we get Andre back healthy to stretch the field and when we get Wade Phillips back we will be a much better team. I think the Texans performed alright given the circumstances, officiating, and play calling on thursday.

We are having our best season ever, relax and enjoy the next couple games, maybe we make an unexpected run. Go Texans

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Texans playoff W is not out of the question

#6 seed will be a very beatable team too.
Old 12-24-2011   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
#6 seed will be a very beatable team too.
Not to quote myself but:

Bengals, Jets, Raiders or Titans! One of these will definitely be the Texans' opponent in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 12-24-2011   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope it's not the Raiders. I don't think we match up well against them unless we have both Schaub and AJ healthy.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Not to quote myself but:

Bengals, Jets, Raiders or Titans! One of these will definitely be the Texans' opponent in the first round of the playoffs.
Out of all of those, I'd take the Jets. Their offense is just offensive & Dirty Sanchez is prone to making mistakes. The Titans know us too well and I don't want to play them 2 weeks in a row.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope it is the titans. Since we pretty much know all there is to know about them

I dont think we match up well with the raiders or jets

And cincy is well cincy.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #7
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't want to see the Titans because that would mean we just lost to them. We can beat any of those even with TJ if Kubiak coaches to WIN.

It has always been my belief that ANYTHING can happen on any given Sunday.
We have a chance something we have never had before. Kubiak let the boys play to win.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2011   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

No offense, but i want the Titans to be watching our first playoff win from home. They don't deserve to sniff playoffs.
Old 12-24-2011   #9
wildroot
Veteran

Rep Power: 1944 wildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mean to point out the painfully obvious, but we just got beat by the Panthers and Colts...Any way we might see Cleveland in the first round?
wildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather play the Raiders than the Bengals... I'm not a big fan of playing against a team that you already beat. Those teams make adjustments while you feel comfortable with your game plan. I think we beat the Raiders here in Houston.

Titans I don't even want to face...not because I'm scared of them, I just don't want to see that team reach the playoffs. I don't like their fans or the owner and I hope he never gets to see his team reach the playoffs again.

I wouldn't mind facing the Jets...they're the most overrated, overplayed, overexposed team (behind the Cowboys) in the league. Other people like him, but I can't stand Rex Ryan...I hate his fat mouth and I love every time he has to eat his words. No you aren't the #1 team in NYC and you aren't on Belichick's level. You're still a snot nosed brat who gets taken to the woodshed. Good riddance and I'd love to see Houston knock his fat *** out of the playoffs if we did face them. That would be my own personal SB and Rex Ryan's tears sure would be tasty.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #11
centexfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 centexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
No offense, but i want the Titans to be watching our first playoff win from home. They don't deserve to sniff playoffs.
^^^^^^this.

Screw the tits and everything they stand for. *******ers.

Go through Pittsburgh, just like Bum said.
Old 12-24-2011   #12
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I would rather play the Raiders than the Bengals... I'm not a big fan of playing against a team that you already beat. Those teams make adjustments while you feel comfortable with your game plan. I think we beat the Raiders here in Houston.

Titans I don't even want to face...not because I'm scared of them, I just don't want to see that team reach the playoffs. I don't like their fans or the owner and I hope he never gets to see his team reach the playoffs again.

I wouldn't mind facing the Jets...they're the most overrated, overplayed, overexposed team (behind the Cowboys) in the league. Other people like him, but I can't stand Rex Ryan...I hate his fat mouth and I love every time he has to eat his words. No you aren't the #1 team in NYC and you aren't on Belichick's level. You're still a snot nosed brat who gets taken to the woodshed. Good riddance and I'd love to see Houston knock his fat *** out of the playoffs if we did face them. That would be my own personal SB and Rex Ryan's tears sure would be tasty.
Agree with all of the above especially regarding the Titans. Seeing them miss the playoffs is always a joy.
Old 12-25-2011   #13
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Our best chance is Jets, Pats, Steelers. or Steelers then pats. Either way im not optomistic of a deep run, im just saying that mark sanchez sucks, the Pats are beatable if you can make brady play ordinary and we have beaten the Steelers. The playoffs are a different animal, no way in hell Kubiak called that game thursday like a playoff game. If Andre is healthy we win our first playoff game.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Our best chance is Jets, Pats, Steelers. or Steelers then pats
Jets in the wildcard is our best chance? Explain
Old 12-25-2011   #15
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70695 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I really hope it's not the Raiders. I don't think we match up well against them unless we have both Schaub and AJ healthy.
I agree, especially since it would be Carson Palmer at QB this time around and not Jason Campbell. I think Palmer would light-up Kareem Jackson. Plus, it looks like the Raiders may finally be getting Darren McFadden back at RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

I wouldn't mind facing the Jets...they're the most overrated, overplayed, overexposed team (behind the Cowboys) in the league.
I agree with all of that too. It is hard to beat a team twice in a season when both teams are fairly evenly matched. And I also agree the Jets would be the best choice for the Texans as far as their first playoff game.
Old 12-25-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexfan View Post
^^^^^^this.

Screw the tits and everything they stand for. *******ers.

Go through Pittsburgh, just like Bum said.
Unfortunately, Bum never got that done. And like Bum, these guys got screwed by the refs.

Hopefully, for him, we'll get it done.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #17
ljhog
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respected

No 100% Andre Johnson and the Texans are one and done.
ljhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #18
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Our best chance is Jets, Pats, Steelers. or Steelers then pats. Either way im not optomistic of a deep run, im just saying that mark sanchez sucks, the Pats are beatable if you can make brady play ordinary and we have beaten the Steelers. The playoffs are a different animal, no way in hell Kubiak called that game thursday like a playoff game. If Andre is healthy we win our first playoff game.
Yes we beat the Steelers-with Schaub at QB. Dick LeBeau would mess with TJs head so bad it would spin off and Delhomme would have to play. I'm good with playing either the Jets or Bengals. I'm pretty sure we can beat either one of those but then I'm not so sure. But once again any given Sunday.

I really think that if TJ had won games in a different order (Falcons-L/Bengals-W/Panthers-L/Colts-W) we (as a fan base) would have a more tempered approach to TJ as QB. But the way it did happen got everyone excited (me included) and then let down (way down after a loss to the Colts).

Oh well, GO TEXANS!!
Old 12-25-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post

I really think that if TJ had won games in a different order (Falcons-L/Bengals-W/Panthers-L/Colts-W) we (as a fan base) would have a more tempered approach to TJ as QB. But the way it did happen got everyone excited (me included) and then let down (way down after a loss to the Colts).

Oh well, GO TEXANS!!
Tj didn't have a bad game. His OL let him down, & he was conservative with his throws. But he completed 8.9 yards per attempt.... That's pretty dang good. 13-16, not bad at all.

4 sacks in 16 attempts..... not an easy environment to work in.

He's seeing a lot of defenses in these last 5 weeks.... the Colts made him think fast. The Panthers made him think fast.

I don't know if he'll be ready Wild-Card weekend, but I doubt it will be because they're throwing something totally new at him.
Old 12-27-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We're looking at the Bengals, Oakland,Tennessee, or the Jets in our first play-off game.

I know our offense hasn't been what it used to be, but none of those teams are perfect either. We'll be playing at home.

I think our chances are better than any of those teams to make it out of the first round.

What am I missing?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read