Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-24-2011   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Lets talk NFL Playoffs (Non Texans edition)

We know what our team has been doing, so lets talk about the other squads. Change the subject if you please throughout the thread, as match-ups, seeding and the like may change. That's why the thread is here.

I gotta say this: The Ravens BETTER win out. Everyone here basically knows, with STL and CLE left, the Steelers are shoe-ins to win out. If the Ravens slip up in Cincy, they'll have the 5th seed. As it stands right now, 5th seed plays Denver.

I don't know about you guys, but I think that's dangerous. Sure the Ravens are a good run D, but they can't score on the road. They play Denver, and have to deal with a 10-6 game with the ball in Tim Tebow's hands with 2 mins left. Don't like that match-up for them.

I might be alone in this, but the Ravens away from M&T = shaky. God forbid they end up seeing SD again. Win that division, Baltimore.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets talk NFL Playoffs (Non Texans edition)

Eagle fans are loving life, FOR NOW...

Damn, if they win after a NYG loss, I think they take the division..
Old 12-24-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I hope the Bengals win the final spot. Their defense is tough, but I like our chances. I don't want to see any "Sanchez Magic" in the play-offs.

I'd much rather go to Pittsburgh & play them than to play the Ravens in Baltimore.
Old 12-25-2011   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This thing is pretty cool to play with http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

You just click on the teams that would win and then you see who goes where.

The Titans actually have a pretty strong chance. If they beat us, the Bengals lose to the Ravens, and the Jets beat the Dolphins they are in.

If we beat the Titans and the rest of the above plays out we get the Jets.

Of course the Bengals get in with a win, or a loss and both the Titans and Jets losing.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #5
ThaShark316

I think the Jets are screwed. They basically have to hope the Texans play a full game. I gotta say, I doubt it happens.
Old 12-25-2011   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
This thing is pretty cool to play with http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

You just click on the teams that would win and then you see who goes where.

The Titans actually have a pretty strong chance.
I think it will be the Titans we face in the wildcard round.
Old 12-26-2011   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

The Titans actually have a pretty strong chance. If they beat us, the Bengals lose to the Ravens, and the Jets beat the Dolphins they are in.
not rly.... you're after ignoring the afc west. if all ^ happens, the titans are still going home if denver and oakland both win at home v the chiefs and chargers. in that case the raiders are coming back to reliant next week
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2011   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
not rly.... you're after ignoring the afc west. if all ^ happens, the titans are still going home if denver and oakland both win at home v the chiefs and chargers. in that case the raiders are coming back to reliant next week
I see the Raiders getting the 6th seed.

BYE - NE, BAL
OAK @ HOU
PIT @ DEN

BYE - GB, SF
DET @ NO
ATL @ NYG
Old 12-27-2011   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I think the Jets are screwed. They basically have to hope the Texans play a full game. I gotta say, I doubt it happens.
Well, after the Bengals laid down to let the Jets in, we should lay down to keep them out. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #10
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 73923 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the chart above, there's a;

68.7% chance of Texans vs. Bengals
12.5% chance of Texans vs. Titans
9.3% chance of Texans vs. Jets
9.3% chance of Texans vs. Raiders

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland vs Houston would be awesome. some old AFL action right there, folks.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Oakland vs Houston would be awesome. some old AFL action right there, folks.
I think it would be perfect.

I don't really want to see the Bengals defense again.

I don't really want to see the Titans in the play-offs again........ EVER!!

I want to see what happens in New York if the Jets don't make it.
Old 12-29-2011   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont want to see the jets or raiders imo we dont match up well with them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
According to the chart above, there's a;

68.7% chance of Texans vs. Bengals
12.5% chance of Texans vs. Titans
9.3% chance of Texans vs. Jets
9.3% chance of Texans vs. Raiders
We're all talking about our chances of actually winning our first play-off game.

do you think any of these teams are saying, "Whew, we play the Texans... that's a win."

I bet they're all saying, "We're going to be one & done."

Not because they are playing the mighty Texans, but because they know they are not playing particularly well either.
Old 12-30-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Vegas thinks our odds of winning the Super Bowl is better than the Broncos, Bengals, Raiders, Jets, & Titans.

We'll be playing the Bengals, Raiders, Jets, or Titans....

I think we have a good chance of winning a play-off game before the Cowboys.
Old 01-01-2012   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Chiefs/Broncos game. Did anyone see the injury to Chris Kuper?

Don't click the links if you get queasy about ankle injuries. His foot is facing the wrong way....

http://deadspin.com/5872330/somethin...s-kupers-ankle

http://30fps.mocksession.com/2012/01...bend-that-way/

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't count the Raiders out yet! They are only four field goals away from tying the game!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read