Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #21
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans players desperate for Wade Phillips to return

Well, safe to say IF WADE leaves, we can assume Herring won't be "the next man up".

We need Andre AND Wade back and then we have potential to dominate the playoffs.....Don't forget Brisiel too!!! He is a big part of our line obviously.
Old 12-24-2011   #22
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Last night's game didn't prove that. The defense played extremely well. They made the plays when they had to make them. Unfortunately, the refs took those plays away. Couple that with an offense that can't sustain a drive and give them a breather, and it was just a lose/lose situation for them last night.
I can't agree with this. Penalties, while frustrating, were still our own doing and most were justified asides from the JJ Watt roughing the passer call. Still, to allow a team to drive 80 yards in a little less than 2 minutes with no timeouts and a 4th string qb who hasn't registered a single win in the NFL as a starter, is on your defense and the defensive playcalling.

When you have Kareem Jackson playing single coverage on Reggie Wayne at the 1 yard line, you've failed as a defensive coordinator.
Old 12-24-2011   #23
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Well, safe to say IF WADE leaves, we can assume Herring won't be "the next man up".

We need Andre AND Wade back and then we have potential to dominate the playoffs.....Don't forget Brisiel too!!! He is a big part of our line obviously.
Briesel being gone was very evident on Thursday night. Caldwell had a terrible game.
Old 12-24-2011   #24
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
0-2 without Wade.

It's a shame that Gary cant lead a team to victory without Wade.
Exactly. Gary without Wade is like Milli without Vanilli.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Briesel being gone was very evident on Thursday night. Caldwell had a terrible game.
Yes, it was very apparent. So was Yates' inability to really deal with it. I think not having Wade is part of the problem, but our offense still needs to score more than 13 points. I bet we're down to about 20th in points scored now and we were probably top five before Schaub went down. I've been watching that, but didn't mind as long as we were still winning I guess.

Speaking of Briesel and Caldwell, is our vaunted RT Winston ever going to learn to actually pass block? He's making up for Duane Brown not allowing a sack all year. Well, probably not that bad, but I don't think I've ever seen a RIGHT tackle get beat that much on passes. Am I overreacting because I just saw Caldwell screwing up next to him? Just seems like Winston has slowly gotten worse at something that was his weak-point in the first place.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just remembered it was Mathis he faced. Maybe not the best time to be picking on Winston.

Old 12-24-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Last night's game didn't prove that. The defense played extremely well. They made the plays when they had to make them. Unfortunately, the refs took those plays away. Couple that with an offense that can't sustain a drive and give them a breather, and it was just a lose/lose situation for them last night.
THis is pretty accurate. Them Boys on Kirby came to play & they played their butts off. The defenses efforts were wiped away by penalties. The offense...

The thing that get's me about our offense, is that we've seen the Colts defensive players give up, twice. Twice at Reliant, but twice. You'd have thought if we could have scored another TD, if we could have gone up by 14 in the first half they would have gave up.

They're at home & this is a division game, so maybe there was no quit in them that day. But we'll never know.
Old 12-24-2011   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
0-2 without Wade.

Weren't we 0-2 when we first lost Andre? Just took us some time to learn how to win without him. We then won 7 straight.

A lot of people were giving up on us then as well.

The Texans Faitful never wavered, never lost hope, never gave up on them boys on Kirby.

Old 12-24-2011   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

What are we gonna do when Yates goes down against Tenn. and we burn through Delhome and Garcia in our first playoff game, winning it 3-0? At that point, I really think Caldwell should have to play QB as punishment.

Old 12-24-2011   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I think playcalling is very underrated in the nfl. Its easy to have the next manup, but that guy doesn't have the same instincts as the guy he's replacing. Philly hasn't replaced jimmy johnson yet. They tried his understudy and he got fired cause the defense sucked. Wade just know through experience when to call what. Its easy to say the offense hasn't performed, but wade was getting 3 and outs. Last night and against panthers, they gave up sustained drives. Those 10 play drives took time off the clock and didn't give the struggling offense the ball back. Instead, field position has been flipped and kubes played it safe. Look no further than the avg starting position for the offense.
I don't think the defensive play-calling was the issue. Three times we stopped them bitches on that last drive & three times a penalty saved their ass.

Defense tired? Possibly. Refs are Colts fans? sure looked that way.

Bottom line, things just didn't go our way.

Play hard, play smart, next time might turn out different.
Old 12-24-2011   #31
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
What are we gonna do when Yates goes down against Tenn. and we burn through Delhome and Garcia in our first playoff game, winning it 3-0? At that point, I really think Caldwell should have to play QB as punishment.
Old 12-24-2011   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I think playcalling is very underrated in the nfl. Its easy to have the next manup, but that guy doesn't have the same instincts as the guy he's replacing. Philly hasn't replaced jimmy johnson yet. They tried his understudy and he got fired cause the defense sucked. Wade just know through experience when to call what. Its easy to say the offense hasn't performed, but wade was getting 3 and outs. Last night and against panthers, they gave up sustained drives. Those 10 play drives took time off the clock and didn't give the struggling offense the ball back. Instead, field position has been flipped and kubes played it safe. Look no further than the avg starting position for the offense.
This ^^^^^ is what is called "A Thread Ender."

Rep your way if it lets me.
Old 12-24-2011   #33
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post

Wow! Where are all those Brisiel haters that want him replaced? The ones that keep saying he is the weak link in the O-line and want us to draft an OG in the 1st or 2nd round to replace him.

This is the most love for Brisiel I think I've ever seen on this MB!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Weren't we 0-2 when we first lost Andre? Just took us some time to learn how to win without him. We then won 7 straight.

A lot of people were giving up on us then as well.

The Texans Faitful never wavered, never lost hope, never gave up on them boys on Kirby.

Sometimes I wonder WHY I love this GAME as much as I do. The NFL has changed the game from the one I grew up having so much passion for, to one that is questionable on all levels. We, the faithful, never waver, never lose hope, and never give up on the boys on Kirby, but, sometimes I wonder if THEIR passion is as great as ours. Players and coaches don't hesitate to move from one team to another, and then CELEBRATE when they kick the teeth out of the team they just came from. It's all about the almighty dollar, and nothing else matters to them. WE, the faithful, sink our hard earned money into a belief that a bunch of players, few of whom give a damn, will take us to OUR ultimate dream of winning that SB trophy. Only 1 out of 32 teams will have that honor each year. All we, the FAITHFUL, get out of that win is bragging rights! Is it worth it??

After watching that fiasco Thursday night, I question my own sanity about being one of the faithful! WHY put so much faith in a game when you KNOW you are doomed by a bunch of men in black and white ( I called our defeat in the middle of the first quarter,) or the NFLs undying love for certain teams and players, OR the media's control over who gets the most air time, OR the powers that be in Vegas that KNOW how to run the money end of the game. Have I become jaded? You bet your sweet ass I have!! Will I get over my depression and bounce back? YOu bet your sweet ass I will!! Like so many of YOU, I am addicted, can't help myself!

I have NO flippin idea what will happen after Jan 1st. All I know is that I will ride this ride, take the bad with the good, enjoy our first successful year, and try to stay FAITHFUL, regardless!!

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #35
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope this is the attitude of the few and not the many.

"Hey, lets blame our coach." type of thing going on. Does that not bother anyone else? Seems to be the wrong attitude to have.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #36
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

everyone know the right side in our offensive line is the weak link

Mikey B is ok but winston is bringing him down i think IMO SMith our LG should switch to RG and switch cladwell to LG that might work better
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #37
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
0-2 without Wade.

Or his first string quarterback, or his second string quarterback, or his best player on the team, or his starting right guard, or his pro-bowl linebacker...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Or his first string quarterback, or his second string quarterback, or his best player on the team, or his starting right guard, or his pro-bowl linebacker...
Do you have some sort of agenda here?

Old 12-24-2011   #39
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Sometimes I wonder WHY I love this GAME as much as I do. The NFL has changed the game from the one I grew up having so much passion for, to one that is questionable on all levels. We, the faithful, never waver, never lose hope, and never give up on the boys on Kirby, but, sometimes I wonder if THEIR passion is as great as ours. Players and coaches don't hesitate to move from one team to another, and then CELEBRATE when they kick the teeth out of the team they just came from. It's all about the almighty dollar, and nothing else matters to them. WE, the faithful, sink our hard earned money into a belief that a bunch of players, few of whom give a damn, will take us to OUR ultimate dream of winning that SB trophy. Only 1 out of 32 teams will have that honor each year. All we, the FAITHFUL, get out of that win is bragging rights! Is it worth it??

After watching that fiasco Thursday night, I question my own sanity about being one of the faithful! WHY put so much faith in a game when you KNOW you are doomed by a bunch of men in black and white ( I called our defeat in the middle of the first quarter,) or the NFLs undying love for certain teams and players, OR the media's control over who gets the most air time, OR the powers that be in Vegas that KNOW how to run the money end of the game. Have I become jaded? You bet your sweet ass I have!! Will I get over my depression and bounce back? YOu bet your sweet ass I will!! Like so many of YOU, I am addicted, can't help myself!

I have NO flippin idea what will happen after Jan 1st. All I know is that I will ride this ride, take the bad with the good, enjoy our first successful year, and try to stay FAITHFUL, regardless!!

Love your attitude. I'm with ya. I'm a fan even though, compared to what I grew up watching, this game has turned into NFL-Lite... all the commercials with 50% less hitting. If this keeps up, the NBA will be more of a contact sport than NFL-Lite. They're already letting the refs take over the games just like the NBA.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Love your attitude. I'm with ya. I'm a fan even though, compared to what I grew up watching, this game has turned into NFL-Lite... all the commercials with 50% less hitting. If this keeps up, the NBA will be more of a contact sport than NFL-Lite. They're already letting the refs take over the games just like the NBA.
You know what's really funny? When I played basketball in high school (and the rules were essentially the same in the NBA at the time), you couldn't hardly accidentally bump an opponent without being called for it. The NBA, opposite the NFL, has trended over the years to become relatively much more "contact-friendly."
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read