Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #1
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Interesting quote today on "The Drive"

Dukes said something pretty close to the effect that a league source inside the Texans locker room said they couldn't wait for Wade Phillips to get back and that Reggie Herring "didn't know what the hell he was doing".

Anybody else catch this? Was around 620 or so while I was driving home from work.
Old 12-23-2011   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting quote today on "The Drive"

Really the D held them to 12 points most of the game till we got ass raped. By the reffs.

The d was. Not the reason we lost that game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #3
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Really the D held them to 12 points most of the game till we got ass raped. By the reffs.

The d was. Not the reason we lost that game
Just what an unnamed player in the locker room said apparently. I didn't claim the defense was the problem. Simply asking if anyone else heard the clamorings.
Old 12-23-2011   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Why Kareem Jackson was covering Reggie Wayne 1 on 1 with no safety help on the last important play of the game is way beyond me. I really doubt Wade would have put him in that situation.
Old 12-23-2011   #5
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Why Kareem Jackson was covering Reggie Wayne 1 on 1 with no safety help on the last important play of the game is way beyond me. I really doubt Wade would have put him in that situation.
But you had to send the safeties after DanO because the pass rush wasn't effective.

Oh, wait.....

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #6
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Dukes said something pretty close to the effect that a league source inside the Texans locker room said they couldn't wait for Wade Phillips to get back and that Reggie Herring "didn't know what the hell he was doing".

Anybody else catch this? Was around 620 or so while I was driving home from work.
Herring appears to have more on his plate than he can say grace over. Probably should have been expected. I posted on the Indy game thread before the kickoff this looked like another close loss and that Wade is the x-factor at play here. The silver lining if they did get on a losing streak is it sets up perfectly for another winning streak. Wade Phillips is the co-Head Coach. It'd be like playing without Kubiak on the sideline and Dennison in his place. Dennison would probably do better than Herring but still.
Old 12-24-2011   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess either Dukes got it from profootballtalk or profootballtalk got it from Dukes
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88220
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2011   #8
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I guess either Dukes got it from profootballtalk or profootballtalk got it from Dukes
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88220
Yeah I posted this thread up and then saw CnD's popup about an hour later. Mods feel free to converge the two threads if need be.
Old 12-24-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I don't know if Wade would have called it any different. The only thing I don't understand is why Wayne got off the line without so much as a check.

You're in the endzone, if it's a pass, it's going to have to be a quick one. Reggie Wayne should have had the fight of his life to get off that line.
Old 12-25-2011   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
But you had to send the safeties after DanO because the pass rush wasn't effective.

Oh, wait.....

Yeah , thats what gets me about that call .... They had gotten pressure all game with just four and on that final play he sends the house ..... including the kitchen sink .... which left every DB in a one on one situation,

Someone tell me why on that particular play does he deviate from what has worked the entire game ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , thats what gets me about that call .... They had gotten pressure all game with just four and on that final play he sends the house ..... including the kitchen sink .... which left every DB in a one on one situation,

Someone tell me why on that particular play does he deviate from what has worked the entire game ?!
It seemed obvious by the 3rd quarter of Carolina that Herring's answer to any difficult situation or big moment was to send the house. That reactive tendency did not change vs. Indy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read