Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The play call on the Colts TD.

I am sure I saw at least some of our secondary blitz on that play, am I right?

As soon as I saw DBs rushing the passer, I knew the game was over.

Can't imagine a worse play call, than exposing an already beaten down secondary.
Old 12-23-2011   #2
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The play call on the Colts TD.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of it considering we were getting a good amount of pressure the last drive without bringing an all out blitz.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of it considering we were getting a good amount of pressure the last drive without bringing an all out blitz.
That is the thing, every play our 5 man rush was buzzing around DanO getting called for ticky tack roughing penalties.

Why do we give DanO an easy option by emptying the coverage areas, and especially leaving one of the worst players in the NFL singled on one of the best?
Old 12-23-2011   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

its the kind of risk that everyone thinks u are the smartest guy ever if it works and then the dumbest ever if it dont, it is what it is.
Old 12-23-2011   #5
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
That is the thing, every play our 5 man rush was buzzing around DanO getting called for ticky tack roughing penalties.

Why do we give DanO an easy option by emptying the coverage areas, and especially leaving one of the worst players in the NFL singled on one of the best?
Yep. Because we were getting in there Dan O's internal clock was pretty short, we tempted fate and lost.

*Sig by False Start*
-David Daye
Old 12-23-2011   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a hard time believing that Wade would have called that blitz. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty ballsy with his playcalling, but to call that blitz on the goalline is just assinine.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I have a hard time believing that Wade would have called that blitz. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty ballsy with his playcalling, but to call that blitz on the goalline is just assinine.
he showed faith in his defense, i would expect him to with as good as they have been all season.
Old 12-23-2011   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if there was a blitz called... but it was a quick fade to Wayne. Blitz or no blitz, hard to stop a fade that is executed perfectly like it was.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #9
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I don't know if there was a blitz called... but it was a quick fade to Wayne. Blitz or no blitz, hard to stop a fade that is executed perfectly like it was.
It is, but it makes it easier if you double the best offensive player on the field. Corner underneath with safety over the top. Wayne still might have caught the ball, but I would like our chances better.

*Sig by False Start*
-David Daye
Old 12-23-2011   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
there was a full out safety blitz, i guess the "CB" covering Wayne should of done his job,,,cough cough i wont say any names.
Old 12-23-2011   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
its the kind of risk that everyone thinks u are the smartest guy ever if it works and then the dumbest ever if it dont, it is what it is.
Agreed....
We fans have very selective memories. We didn't blitz against Atlanta when Ryan hit Roddy White for the tying score. I think we played a zone when Drew Brees scored on us twice in the red zone for six and then for the 2-pt conversion.

Nothing works every time.

Some days you're dog.
Some days you're the hydrant.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

FWIW I hate blitzing.

I like a conservative defense played well, getting pressure from 4 or 5 guys only.

I think blitzing is inviting QBs to make big plays.
Old 12-23-2011   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
FWIW I hate blitzing.

I like a conservative defense played well, getting pressure from 4 or 5 guys only.

I think blitzing is inviting QBs to make big plays.
Well we have CBs out there for a reason, i think if you cant depend on ur CB to stop HIS guy than he dont need to be starting. kinda like a guy like peyton manning, if you never bring pressure he will eat you up.
Old 12-23-2011   #14
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Well we have CBs out there for a reason, i think if you cant depend on ur CB to stop HIS guy than he dont need to be starting. kinda like a guy like peyton manning, if you never bring pressure he will eat you up.
You're talking about shutdown corners. Not too many of those in the league.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
You're talking about shutdown corners. Not too many of those in the league.
No i'm talking about a starting CB in the NFL, he should be able to do his job, not asking him to totally shut down a TOP NFL WR, but come on Wayne is not what he used to be.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read