Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #21
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: POSITIVES from the Indy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
i smell collusion between the Texans, Tennessee and Jacksonville.. what say you??
Texans weren't involved in the collusion intentionally but I sure hope the Jags are. Could it be that Indy is playing so the don't lose Manninig?????
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

The positives.....well,....I've shrunken back down to my normal size and the shreaded cloths I wear were really old anyway.

Honestly, I find no positives yet. Ok, JJ Yates was impressive even by HIS standards, but that's about it.
Old 12-24-2011   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
i smell collusion between the Texans, Tennessee and Jacksonville.. what say you??
I say No.

Collusion implies collective intelligence, the capability to execute plans successfully, and the inclination to cooperate.
Just like with our Congress...
You have no verifiable proof that any of this exists.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #24
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Foster. Love to watch him run. The guy is an artist in the open field...
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
The positives.....well,....I've shrunken back down to my normal size and the shreaded cloths I wear were really old anyway.

Honestly, I find no positives yet. Ok, JJ Watt was impressive even by HIS standards, but that's about it.
fixed it for ya.

Nice smiley. We might need to add that to our collection.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #26
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
fixed it for ya.

Nice smiley. We might need to add that to our collection.
As you so noted I really meant Watt, thanks.
Old 12-24-2011   #27
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Sorry but Kubiak isn't going anywhere. Hate to burst your bubble.
I wouldn't be so sure actually. Bob loves him some Wade. No joke. Both times we were looking for a head coach, he wanted Wade. Why he opted to not hire him is beyond me. If Kubiak goes one and done in the playoffs, to where it isn't even close, and Wade might leave for a HC job, I really feel like Bob will fire Kubes and promote Wade. Or at least ask Kubiak to become an Off. coordinator and promote Wade. No idea......BUT Wade needs to stay in Houston. I think even Bob knows that.

This season has shown me a couple of things. Look at us, and look at the cowgirls up in dallas. I have heard more than once, that we are now seeing the explsion last season really wasn't wade but more along the lines of his players just giving up. Now they are still mediocre, while our defense is thriving. I used to rag on Wade so bad. I think part of it was because he was in the little D. I was actually afraid when we hired him because I didn't want him to be HC if kubes couldn't get it done, because I was convinced he was a bad HC. But now I look at the job he has done, and I really think he would make a great HC for us. Funny what one good defense later can do for us.

Wade already has his defensive system set in. I don't think we lose too much on our offense if we cut Kubiak. Honestly, if we hold onto our Offensive Coordinator we have now there shouldn't be a drop off at all. So imagine if we go one and done, and then Wade gets an HC offer somewhere else. Don't be surprised if Bob actually pulls the trigger on Gary in favor of Wade.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2011   #28
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Sorry but Kubiak isn't going anywhere. Hate to burst your bubble.
McNair wants Wade in Houston at any cost. He's sensitive to the Phillips legacy, and you can bet that Bum has an inside line to McNair's phone. Where do you think Bum's endorsement of Kubiak came from at the end of last season? Wade is going nowhere, even if it costs Kubiak his job.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #29
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Wade is going nowhere, even if it costs Kubiak his job.
this guy knows whats going on

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I say No.

Collusion implies collective intelligence, the capability to execute plans successfully, and the inclination to cooperate.
Just like with our Congress...
You have no verifiable proof that any of this exists.

Good one there ObsiWan.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #31
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
JJ Watt starting to beast regularly. looked like the best player on D by far last night
He's an emotional player, a great player. Colts got to make sweet sweet love to their mares, errr gals after the big win. The fact Colts fans keep them away from the rest of us feels like a positive.

Old 12-24-2011   #32
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can see you aren't ready for the "POSITIVES" thread yet.
Texan Bill isn't even ready for sleep it off mode yet, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
He's an emotional player, a great player. Colts got to make sweet sweet love to their mares, errr gals after the big win. The fact Colts fans keep them away from the rest of us feels like a positive.

I was impressed with how many fans were still in there seats at the end of that game.
Old 12-24-2011   #34
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Positives:

If I told in November you that we would have a third string QB and would go 2-2 against Atlanta, Cincy, Carolina, and Indy would you take it?

I think you would.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #35
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Positives:

If I told in November you that we would have a third string QB and would go 2-2 against Atlanta, Cincy, Carolina, and Indy would you take it?

I think you would.
And then if you told me who the losses were and how they played it would take the fun right out of it.
Old 12-24-2011   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And then if you told me who the losses were and how they played it would take the fun right out of it.
I'm honestly not buying this, "how they played" stuff. That may have been ur best defensive games ever, and was definitely among our better running games.

We did not pass like the Houston Texans, & we didn't pass protect like the Houston Texans. But that wad a well played game overall, & 1:56 away from a win.
Old 12-24-2011   #37
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't have to hear obnoxious fans argue to get rid of Matt Schaub for our rookie, 5th round pick. That's a major positive.
Old 12-24-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I won't have to hear obnoxious fans argue to get rid of Matt Schaub for our rookie, 5th round pick. That's a major positive.
We've got a long way to go before that book is closed. Especially with everyone saying Kubiak handcuffed the kid.
Old 12-24-2011   #39
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Disagree. The season has peaks and valleys. The team is currently in a valley, but help is on the way. Unless something catastrophic happens against Tennessee, AJ will be back. Daniels hopefully recovers from his knee. Perhaps Briesel (I can't believe I just typed that) will be good to go. Plus, we should have Wade back next week.

No team is invincible and every team has strengths and weaknesses.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #40
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm honestly not buying this, "how they played" stuff. That may have been ur best defensive games ever, and was definitely among our better running games.

We did not pass like the Houston Texans, & we didn't pass protect like the Houston Texans. But that wad a well played game overall, & 1:56 away from a win.
Thank you, with witnesses like you who needs a lawyer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Disagree. The season has peaks and valleys. The team is currently in a valley, but help is on the way. Unless something catastrophic happens against Tennessee, AJ will be back. Daniels hopefully recovers from his knee. Perhaps Briesel (I can't believe I just typed that) will be good to go. Plus, we should have Wade back next week.

No team is invincible and every team has strengths and weaknesses.
See above message. I said (in effect) we didn't play well against bad teams...and lost. You guys counter with "yes, but you're wrong."

Last edited by Showtime100; 12-25-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read