Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2011   #81
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Here's the reality of the situation (It ain't pretty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We're looking at 10-6

You gotta know that if we can't beat the Colts with Dan Orlovsky at QB then we're not going to be able to beat Tennessee next week. What's worse is we're not going to win a playoff game either.

It's been fun pretending for the last four weeks that we were going to be fine but the truth is that the moment Schaub went down any chance that we were going to remain effective on offense went out the window. Leinart was the slim hope that a miracle might happen but once he went down too even that was out of the question.

AJ going down with the second hamstring was like the exclamation point on the end of that.

Brisiel getting hurt was the "WHAT PART OF SHOW'S OVER DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" that followed the exclamation point.

Yates isn't ready and may never be. Kubiak doesn't trust him and probably wouldn't be ready to give him any real latitude with the offense in three years much less three weeks. Delhomme and Garcia don't know the offense well enough and Kubiak won't trust them either. In short we don't have a QB.

At WR we've got nobody after Andre Johnson. OK, so Kevin Walter actually belongs on an NFL roster but past him they're all camp scrubs. None of them can get open regularly and Jacoby is ****ing useless. Even if we did have a QB we don't have a credible receiving threat.

No, Owen Daniels isn't a credible receiving threat. At least not one that's difficult to defense.

Our vaunted offensive line is thin. Even our starters are kind of overrated. When Brisiel went down we all secretly hoped that it was an opportunity for Caldwell to get a shot and prove what a steal he was. That didn't happen. He's pathetic and if he's an example of the depth we have on the line we got another need position come draft time.

Frankly once you take away our QB, our All Pro WR, Mario, and Wade Phillips we aren't even as good as the 6-10 2010 Texans.

This season was progress and it was fun but it's over now and reality has reasserted itself. We're getting run by losing teams and going to back into the playoffs. Maybe we won't slide back to 6-10 or 7-9 again next year. Maybe we'll get these players back and take another step forward. One things certain though. As we are today we're done.
I definitely get your fustration but this team has not reached the point yet that we can go to a 3rd string QB and do much. I was pleasantly startled Yates did what he did. Gary doesn't trust him? Well, I guess not as he is just a 5th round pick. Not sure if you get that? I want to see Yates after he has OTA's & a T.C. behind him. IMO, he is #2 coming in next year.

You are correct on AJ & JJ but I disagree with you on Daniels. Our team was not set up for a TE to be our #1 go to guy, injuries lead to that and Colts schemed to take him out of equation successfully. That is on Kubiak.

We made huge advances with our last draft and the next one should allow us to fill the hole @WR2 and add strength to our backups. We just are not there yet. I know it was great watching us clinch a division in spite of our injuries.
Old 12-26-2011   #82
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamie Dukes is looking like a genius now. Which sucks.

He said he didn't see as great of a future in the Texans as he did in the other top AFC teams. Whether by fate, circumstances, or whatever, he's looking like he made the right call.

Doesn't excuse his a-hole'ish comments about how we celebrated the AFC South title, but still...this team appears to be leveling off and settling into a second-tier team in the AFC.
Old 12-26-2011   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
The hard cold truth is that the injuries have finally caught up with us. As a 10 year season ticket holder, I'm pretty bitter about this year. We finally have a winning team and because of all these injuries, I can't even enjoy it. What have we done to deserve this? I do think the future looks pretty bright but you never know what will happen from year to year. I sure hope we don't lose Wade.
It's the coaches job to deal with injuries. So I don't cry when we've experienced them. I expect a good coach to be able to pick it up & move on.

I don't think we should have gone undefeated. I really don't put a number on "acceptable" losses until the play-off picture is clear.

We clinched our division at week 14, giving us three weeks to prepare for the play-offs. Working on controlling the game & getting better at what we do. I don't think we should be "experimenting" with personnel or fantasy numbers or turning our rookie 5th round scout team QB into Aaron Rogers.

Think about how we won 7 in a row, that's who we are, that's what we need to perfect. That's the game plan we'll impose our will on play-off teams.

While I don't think the injuries have caught up with us, I do think we had trouble getting Caldwell up to game speed. Eric Winston giving up the sack & hold to his inside may have been because he was expecting Caldwell there. There was another sack where it appears Vickers thought Caldwell was getting beat on the inside so he ran into Yates as he was attempting to throw, causing Tj to pull the ball down & get sacked. Several of our runs, it looked as if Caldwell incorrectly identified the player he needs to block, causing a free runner to the RB.

Caldwell gets better, this team gets a lot better.

Or if Brisiel comes back as strong as Danieal did.
Old 12-26-2011   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We gotta' win with defense. Period.
Good post.

Defense & the running game. We've got to win T.O.P. & put points on the board, otherwise we're the Browns or the Jags.
Old 12-26-2011   #85
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't be getting all pissy because me and some others aren't patting you on the back and rubber-stamping everything you say.

The new poster had a valid point when he/she said that you can have your opinion, I can have mine, and that you don't have go Drama Queen on me because we differ on the topic. Grow up, and own your posts and stop trying to instigate a fight over it.

Nobody is jumping off bridges over the recent losing streak (as you are implying). Some are just taking a thousand-foot overhead view of the past four games and we don't like the trend. Sue us.
I didn't see anything in his post but fair opinions addressed to the arguments you made. Stop attacking the person, address the issues.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #86
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

You know what sucks? People on here who play the "Oh me of great virtue!" card when it comes to who has faith in this team and who doesn't. I generally like your analysis and football talk, but the whole "I have faith and others don't" schtick is old.

I didn't bring up the problems after the Cincy game because it would be a dyck move to do so. We just won the AFC South after that win in Cincy, it was time for celebration...not for nit-picking. I also stated that even if we are 1-and-done in the playoffs, that this year would be an alright year in my book--First playoff game in franchise history, first AFC South title in franchise history, and all of this with horrible injuries to our key players on both sides of the ball.

All in all, I try to not be too much homer and not too much Doug Downer either.

The previous poster who said the injuries have caught up with us, IMO, is spot on with that post. At some point, it just happens. Your team has been through so much, you're tired and banged up yourself, and the help is lacking.
Hold on, playa.

Bring it all up. Why not? The coach did it. And last I checked, texanstalk.com knows more than Kubiak.
Old 12-26-2011   #87
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Good post.

Defense & the running game. We've got to win T.O.P. & put points on the board, otherwise we're the Browns or the Jags.
Yep.

Outside of this, there's not much else for everyone to talk about. IMO.

Defense. Time of possession. Points on the board, and I ain't talking field goals.

I might add in there the turnover ratio has to be in our favor.
Old 12-26-2011   #88
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Hold on, playa.

Bring it all up. Why not? The coach did it. And last I checked, texanstalk.com knows more than Kubiak.
All this big talk that you do, about how people can get on board or get the hell out if we don't believe in the team...the big bad dog barking tactic of saying you're going to laugh at everybody in January after we win...etc....it's just Super Fan bullshit that attempts to divide people on here.

It's easier for you to say that shit, and then if it doesn't happen nobody is going to make fun of you for "having the faith when others didn't." But if your predictions come true, you get to gloat about it and point out how people don't know football and blah blah blah.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that notices it, though. We all expect our team to perform its best, but there's nothing wrong with saying the trending data doesn't look as favorable as it did in the midst of the Falcons and Bengals game.

IMO, the narrow wins vs. Falcons and Bengals coupled with the losses to Panthers and Colts has become a bit unsettling. Multiple factors are in play, but the idea that Kubiak is holding back the offense to not show his cards to a potential playoff opponent is the ultimate "homer" tactic.

Run along and go make your predictable "We're going to win the next ___ games and if you don't believe it then you can leave" thread.
Old 12-26-2011   #89
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I didn't see anything in his post but fair opinions addressed to the arguments you made. Stop attacking the person, address the issues.
Awww geez, quit trolling already.

I write NOVEL LENGTH posts that detail my stances on things, for THIS very purpose...so you and nobody else can ever claim I'm merely attacking a person and not the position.

You're just trying to get a jab in on me, and it's absurd to claim that I'm attacking him. You've been butt hurt from day 1 with me because I don't rah-rah! Kareem Jackson like you want me and everyone else to. You even sent me a novel length PM trying to get me to dedicate even MORE time, in private, tot he topic of KJ, which I obliged you ONCE and will never do again. Just put me on ignore if I'm that bad, but don't try to be the judge and jury around here on things like this. Geez almighty. LOL.
Old 12-26-2011   #90
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
All this big talk that you do, about how people can get on board or get the hell out if we don't believe in the team...the big bad dog barking tactic of saying you're going to laugh at everybody in January after we win...etc....it's just Super Fan bullshit that attempts to divide people on here.

I joked around on that whole post. The didn't give it away?

It's easier for you to say that shit, and then if it doesn't happen nobody is going to make fun of you for "having the faith when others didn't." But if your predictions come true, you get to gloat about it and point out how people don't know football and blah blah blah.

That "I know more than you" stuff won't ever come out my mouth.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that notices it, though. We all expect our team to perform its best, but there's nothing wrong with saying the trending data doesn't look as favorable as it did in the midst of the Falcons and Bengals game.

That's what I'm saying. Speak on it after the Ws too. Don't change for the sake of "not being an asshole". Be an asshole if you have to. You don't have to lie to kick it. (Look up the term "lie to kick it" if you have no clue what I mean, sir.)

IMO, the narrow wins vs. Falcons and Bengals coupled with the losses to Panthers and Colts has become a bit unsettling. Multiple factors are in play, but the idea that Kubiak is holding back the offense to not show his cards to a potential playoff opponent is the ultimate "homer" tactic.

Run along and go make your predictable "We're going to win the next ___ games and if you don't believe it then you can leave" thread.

I won't...yet. Shark Fassel returns in 2012 though.

My answers are in bold. Now "Run along" and type out your reply/novel.
Old 12-27-2011   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
so what? im not getting the whole outcry its caused.
That game was the first time in NFL history that a 1 win team beat a 10 win team.

Let that sink in for a moment. Do you understand why 10 win teams don't lose to 1 win teams? And can you now see why this might be disconcerting to some Texans fans?

As far as the game not meaning anything...let's not forget playoff positions and the Texans history in Indy. That game had meaning. Unfortunately, now it means something else with the Texans bringing home yet another crappy NFL first record for our scrapbook.
Old 12-27-2011   #92
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
finding it hilarious that this loss has caused the whole 'woe is us we suck again' mentality to resurface.

we didnt go for the kill v the colts (same way we didnt v the jags) and just like v the jags i have no problem with it. for 59 mins i was rly confident that dano couldnt beat us the same way gabbert couldnt and it wouldve been turnovers that lost us the game. it came back and bit us in the ass (with a large assist to the refs).

so what? im not getting the whole outcry its caused. the game didnt mean much (we needed help for a bye anyway) and the game has no similiarity to how the playoff game/s will be played (i.e we're going to have to win those games instead of trying not to lose it) . were we conservative v the falcons or bengals??.... you know the actual playoff type games with something on the line.

the real reality of the situation is that that game had nothing to do in predicting our success or play in the playoffs.
We could go 0-16, and you'd never think we sucked and you'd still be dishing out these attacks at other fans or posters in here who give out constructive criticism on how the coach calls a game or how management runs this franchise. Hell, all last season in just about every post I read of yours you were defending our HC who went 6-10 in his 5th season as a HC and launching the "super fan" attacks.

I don't see anyone stating that this team sucks now. That's a flat out lie or feel free to show me several posts where fans are stating that we suck now. If you didn't think that you'd see or hear some concerned fans after losing to a team that was in disarray with Dan O. at QB, than I'm not sure what planet you were living on, but you can be rest assured that even Packers fans would be a little bit ticked off at losing a game like that right now when division seeds are on the line and that game DID MEAN SOMETHING whether you want to act like it did or not. It determined playoff seed.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #93
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That game was the first time in NFL history that a 1 win team beat a 10 win team.

Let that sink in for a moment. Do you understand why 10 win teams don't lose to 1 win teams? And can you now see why this might be disconcerting to some Texans fans?

As far as the game not meaning anything...let's not forget playoff positions and the Texans history in Indy. That game had meaning. Unfortunately, now it means something else with the Texans bringing home yet another crappy NFL first record for our scrapbook.
I think this hits the nail on the head. For those that still don't get it, WE ARE NOT A TEN WIN TEAM, & have not been since Matt II broke his collar bone. Add a new right guard into the mix (with some obvious communication issues) & you get what we got.

We've got a team that needs to learn how to win, how to take that game plan you saw Thursday & score 37 points against a completly inferior opponent like the Bucs or the Colts.

Kubiak has one more week to get her done, or it's one & done.
Old 12-28-2011   #94
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think this hits the nail on the head. For those that still don't get it, WE ARE NOT A TEN WIN TEAM, & have not been since Matt II broke his collar bone. Add a new right guard into the mix (with some obvious communication issues) & you get what we got.

We've got a team that needs to learn how to win, how to take that game plan you saw Thursday & score 37 points against a completly inferior opponent like the Bucs or the Colts.

Kubiak has one more week to get her done, or it's one & done.
The bolded is where fans' expectations must be tempered by reality.

It's not 'doom and gloom' to recognize that our current talent level places this team in a precarious position, one that will most likely result in a three game losing streak going into the playoffs.

After the Falcons and Bengals games, it seemed like the collective talent and will of the team could overcome losing Schaub.

The last two games proves otherwise. I like Yates, but honestly, this would be a 6-8 win team if he was the starting QB from game 1. Now that defenses have tape on him, he's playing like a rookie QB thrown to the wolves.
Old 12-28-2011   #95
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tigers. He'll probly be thrown to the Bengals.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The last two games proves otherwise. I like Yates, but honestly, this would be a 6-8 win team if he was the starting QB from game 1. Now that defenses have tape on him, he's playing like a rookie QB thrown to the wolves.
I wouldn't go that far. He's still a pretty poised QB. I don't know that we have any measurable that say he is getting better yet, but he looks like he's making "smarter" decisions, as conservative as they may be.

I don't think he's any more hurried by the pass rush than he was since his first snap. I did see a little panic when Vickers ran into him & made him pull the ball down & I did see him ignore the left half of the field & scramble on one of his 3rd down throws.

But if Kubiak is happy with the direction Tj is going, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 12-28-2011   #97
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

You can have all the defense you want. If you can't score, that defense doesn't mean a lick of a shit.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #98
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
You can have all the defense you want. If you can't score, that defense doesn't mean a lick of a shit.
yep. Like Warren Sapp said, defenses may win championships, but they don't march down the field in a two minute drive to win the game. That's all offense.
Old 12-29-2011   #99
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Tell that to the Ravens, The Bucs, and the Bears who all went to a SB and won two out of three with just defense all in this last decade.

Of course you have to score, but having an elite defense year in and year out can typically keep you at the top of the league for many years. The Saints had great offenses for years, but didn't get to a SB, until they put a really good defense together. The only year the Colts went to the SB was the year they really turned on the D in the post season when Sanders came back and dominated like crazy and when they had one of the best defenses in the league when they lost to the Saints with the Manning pick 6.

I think the easiest proven formula that wins a SB or makes you a top team year in and year out is having a great QB with a very good defense where the rest of the team sort of falls in place. Great defense and a great QB is what wins it all in the end.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #100
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I definitely understand. I think I'd rather have a great offense and a good defense than a great defense and a good offense. I just hate situations where teams (like the Jets) have this strong D but they can't win because they simply cannot score. I just think its a waste. Gotta have an all-time D to have a situation where you win with a thoroughly inept scoring offense.

Because I'd trust my guys to score more than yours regardless. Just get one or two stops and who cares otherwise.

Top 2 or 3 offense with a defense somewhere between 10 and 15.

Those Ravens/Bucs Ds were all-time Ds though, and I recall the Bears' D being a bit better than ours (dont know statistically or anything though, maybe not?). Made it easier to win with Dilfer, Johnson, and get there with Grossman.

I don't know, we'll see what happens. Still think Andre's key. Spacing is everything for this offense.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read