Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak's fault or not his fault?

iLoveTexans

Waterboy
Well after this Colt's game alot of people have been calling for Kubiak's head including me. If you think about it, he did play conservative today and alot of other times but did you guys forget that we won our division? Sure we need a first round bye but we also need the first round for some experience! So just saying Kubiak is bad but he's pretty good if you think about it. I think that playing in the first round is good so that we can see what it's like in the playoffs and so Andre can shake some rust off him if we do win (and we will against whoever we're playing)

WAY to conservative for my liking. I didn't mind it later on in the game, because I trust the defense. The first half was seemed like Kubiak's brother* took over playcalling. Just atrocious!

*Kubiak's brother is a veterinarian.

OzzO

.. and then?
Can't answer yet... too soon after the game.

But maybe an easier way to answer..... Would you (not just you ILT) as a fan be comfortable with Kubiak as the HC for the next 5 years?

eriadoc

Texan-American
Well after this Colt's game alot of people have been calling for Kubiak's head including me. If you think about it, he did play conservative today and alot of other times but did you guys forget that we won our division?
*sigh* At the risk of validating this thread (should be merged, to be honest), I didn't forget that the team won the division. Nor did I forget that they all said that was not their final goal. I didn't run right out and buy AFC South Division Championship gear, either. The division title is a start. It's not anything worth bragging about. It's worth being happy about, but only in that it gets you closer to what ought to be your real goal. Today's loss was a step back from what that goal is - moreso than last week. Last week was not as bad a loss. How you win or lose matters, whether some people like to admit it or not.

Can't answer yet... too soon after the game.

But maybe an easier way to answer..... Would you (not just you ILT) as a fan be comfortable with Kubiak as the HC for the next 5 years?
I would be, but we are kind of like the Atlanta Falcons of last year. We have the offense, but maybe just one more piece(WR) will put us over the top.

Kubiak better go out and sign a wide receiver, AND draft one. I've had enough with this Walter and Jones can be our #2.

I disagree, who would want a lower seed on purpose just to give your team some experience? If anything, since we are ALREADY in the playoffs, then why the hell are we being so conservative on offense? We don't have anything to lose, so why not let our rookie QB gain some experience throwing the ball down field and running some plays other than a simple play action to the tight end?

Premier

Rookie
kubiak will run clock in favor of a FG when a TD would put the game away. its a scenario that weve seen too often.. in this case it was a first down that would have sealed the game. 3rd & 5, i was thinking screen play or a PA to hit OD/Dreesen. hes so scared of not being able to run 20 seconds off the clock because of a dropped ball..

play to not lose.. thats kubiaks M-O, puts our D in a tough position everytime..

iLoveTexans

Waterboy
I disagree, who would want a lower seed on purpose just to give your team some experience? If anything, since we are ALREADY in the playoffs, then why the hell are we being so conservative on offense? We don't have anything to lose, so why not let our rookie QB gain some experience throwing the ball down field and running some plays other than a simple play action to the tight end?
I was trying to say that even if we lose its ok because now our players get to see what its like in the playoffs. And yes i think we should just throw the ball around giving Yates some more experience. Im hoping we do that next week againts the Tits.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
"Anytime you have 11 penalties its lack of discipline, its on me Im the coach"

hahaha he just said this on nfl network.....ugh :toropalm:

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Colts were giving up 6.9 ypc to Foster. Ummmm... wasn't it us that was mad last season, against the Colts at Indy, because Kubiak didn't call more run plays for Arian? Right now, Foster is by far our best offensive player. I have no problem with giving the ball to our best player.