Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011   #81
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,674
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
You seem to be making it more black and white than I am. I never said fans that had anything negative to say were fair weather.

Kubiak was way to conservative, good call I'm fine with it.
Teams struggles with out Wade, check.
Yates, was checking down, absolutely.
This was a 2010 like let down, good call.

However when some not all start acting like they should wear bags on thier head, well thats a little over the top.

Fair weather was not a good word to use, it doesn't describe some. And for the love of Pete I'm not calling the entire damn board out. 95% of the board is awesome and logical and fair. Don't be so damn defensive!!!!

You're a complete fn moron....no one implied that last night. NO ONE. It was a painful loss and we were embarrassed of the way we played in front of MILLIONS....to say that I am less of a fan because I felt embarrassed is idiotic and childish. They're defensive because everyone on here at some point has had these feelings, expect maybe people like you who would love to hand gold stars to all our players and would like to hand out ribbons so the "kids" don't feel like they were losers....your part of the problem with society today, soft as f!!k and no heart....grow a pair
__________________
amazing80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #82
TexansFanatic
Extremist
 
TexansFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,190
Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We only want to be Texans fans when we're winning. That's somebody else's team when they lose.
And really that's as it should be. It's a product. If it's fans they want then they need to perform consistently at a high level.

Would you really not ***** out the manager of your local grocery store if you kept kept buying your meat and produce there only to find out when you got home that the meat was rancid and the produce was rotten?

If that grocery store's manager wants happy customers, he'll make sure his product is of a high quality. And if it's not, he can reasonably expect to get a boot in the ass.

And, as Carr Bombed pointed out, your description really doesn't apply to anyone on this board because if we didn't care, we wouldn't be here venting our frustrations.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,432
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

Would you really not ***** out the manager of your local grocery store if you kept kept buying your meat and produce there only to find out when you got home that the meat was rancid and the produce was rotten?

If that grocery store's manager wants happy customers, he'll make sure his product is of a high quality. And if it's not, he can reasonably expect to get a boot in the ass.
If we're talking about the local chain... yes, probably so. But if I chose to support the local mom & pops, I'm going to understand it was not their intent to put rancid meat & rotten produce in my bag (surely I didn't select rancid meat & rotten veggies did I??)

I'll go talk to the owner/manager, try to find out what went wrong & how we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

You can chose to root for whatever team you want. If part of your reasoning for rooting for the Texans is because you identify with the team, because it's part of your community, because you think they represent you & your community..... then we should look at this from a perspective or understanding, not acting like we know better, could do a better job & throwing blame around like idiots.

Let's imagine (I know it's imagining) this was your local highschool team. & that RT is a friend of your daughter's boyfriend. Do you tell your daughter how bad he sucks? Even though he had only given up 4 sacks on the year?

Imagine the coach goes to your church, do you cut him down at every opportunity? He wins 10 games, loses 5... when you see him, do you tell him to keep his head up? Or do you call him names like turtle dick?

Maybe you guys have a different way of supporting those you identify with.

Maybe this is just a product to you.

whatever.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #84
Shaft75
Site Contributor
 
Shaft75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 34
Posts: 3,089
Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
We've got to clean this up. No more posting threads regarding how other fans should post (unless it's in this specific thread). Let's keep it about football, the game, the players, and the coaches. Not the fans.
I get it man. But to merge my thread with this one? I think folks should definitely speak their minds. That's what the boards are for. But IMO, if we want to take the next step, we need to remember how hard this team has it. And remember what they've overcome to win the division.

Also, the fat lady has yet to sing about the 2011-12 Texans...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #85
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead
 
HTown2ATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 4,038
Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I was too drunk. I don't even even remember much past that first Yates fumble.
LOL....ditto times 10 haha.

I was friggin plowed last night which I did not intend to happen. Whataburger saved my ass last night around midnight.....can't believe I actually got up on time at 5:30 and at work at 7....

Only 1 hour left to go....get home and chill and start my vacation.
__________________

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #86
TexansFanatic
Extremist
 
TexansFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,190
Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You can chose to root for whatever team you want. If part of your reasoning for rooting for the Texans is because you identify with the team, because it's part of your community, because you think they represent you & your community..... then we should look at this from a perspective or understanding, not acting like we know better, could do a better job & throwing blame around like idiots.
The Texans are a professional football franchise that bears the name of the city of Houston. I support them because I'm from Houston. I also ***** about the coaching and personnel decisions out of frustration. To expect me to just bow my head and say it's okay every time I see them doing something stupid is unrealistic and, ultimately, counterproductive. If we all hold hands and sing happy songs rather than ***** and demand changes, they will suck forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Let's imagine (I know it's imagining) this was your local highschool team. & that RT is a friend of your daughter's boyfriend. Do you tell your daughter how bad he sucks? Even though he had only given up 4 sacks on the year?
Seriously?

The Texans are a professional football franchise. The players are paid millions of dollars to perform at a high level---the highest possible level. The head coach is paid millions to get his team to perform at a high level---the highest possible level.

There's no comparison here to a high school team comprised of amateur athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Imagine the coach goes to your church, do you cut him down at every opportunity? He wins 10 games, loses 5... when you see him, do you tell him to keep his head up? Or do you call him names like turtle dick?
Of course not. I'd go home and call him turtle dick on a message board instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Maybe this is just a product to you.

whatever.
It's more than just a product to me but---like it or not---it is a product. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry and the Texans franchise is one of its more valuable.

I will continue to support them the way fans normally do: by cheering them when they deserve to be cheered and blasting them when they deserve to be blasted.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #87
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,674
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we're talking about the local chain... yes, probably so. But if I chose to support the local mom & pops, I'm going to understand it was not their intent to put rancid meat & rotten produce in my bag (surely I didn't select rancid meat & rotten veggies did I??)

I'll go talk to the owner/manager, try to find out what went wrong & how we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

You can chose to root for whatever team you want. If part of your reasoning for rooting for the Texans is because you identify with the team, because it's part of your community, because you think they represent you & your community..... then we should look at this from a perspective or understanding, not acting like we know better, could do a better job & throwing blame around like idiots.

Let's imagine (I know it's imagining) this was your local highschool team. & that RT is a friend of your daughter's boyfriend. Do you tell your daughter how bad he sucks? Even though he had only given up 4 sacks on the year?

Imagine the coach goes to your church, do you cut him down at every opportunity? He wins 10 games, loses 5... when you see him, do you tell him to keep his head up? Or do you call him names like turtle dick?

Maybe you guys have a different way of supporting those you identify with.

Maybe this is just a product to you.

whatever.
If you continue to fail at your job and continue to make similar mistakes OVER AND OVER would your boss call you on it and demand different results? Would your boss or clients continue to accept garbage products? No, so why should we? Because we are emotionally tied to the product? I don't think giving people a free pass is acceptable.

Its like having a son. He continues to struggle and you've given him everything he needs to succeed. At some point you need to just yell at him and tell him you are disappointed that he has not learned from his past failures....People perceiver when the cards are on the table, lets see what our team does when the CITY gets mad and puts pressure on them to give them a championship, because since they have become an NFL team people like you and big lou continue to make excuses and give the benefit of the doubt to people who dont deserve it.....
__________________
amazing80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2011   #88
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor
 
texanfan2002114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On the front row in the endzone!!!
Age: 37
Posts: 1,097
Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Nevermind
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,432
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
If you continue to fail at your job and continue to make similar mistakes OVER AND OVER would your boss call you on it and demand different results? Would your boss or clients continue to accept garbage products? No, so why should we? Because we are emotionally tied to the product? I don't think giving people a free pass is acceptable.

Its like having a son. He continues to struggle and you've given him everything he needs to succeed. At some point you need to just yell at him and tell him you are disappointed that he has not learned from his past failures....People perceiver when the cards are on the table, lets see what our team does when the CITY gets mad and puts pressure on them to give them a championship, because since they have become an NFL team people like you and big lou continue to make excuses and give the benefit of the doubt to people who dont deserve it.....
We're 10-5, going into the play-offs. Are you saying we should fire Kubiak because he failed to beat the Colts after he had the division wrapped up?

All I'm saying, is that we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.

& we're bitching about the offense because we lost that game.
we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.
Maybe you would have had Tj throw the ball more. Then we can gripe about JJ not catching the ball or KDub not getting open. Maybe we would have scored more points.... who knows. but:

we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.
& we're bitching about our offense because we lost that game.

Maybe you would have called a different game all together. Maybe everything would have happened the way you imagined it would have. but:
we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.
& we put the #1 defense on the field
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #90
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,674
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We're 10-5, going into the play-offs. Are you saying we should fire Kubiak because he failed to beat the Colts after he had the division wrapped up?

All I'm saying, is that we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.

& we're bitching about the offense because we lost that game.
we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.
Maybe you would have had Tj throw the ball more. Then we can gripe about JJ not catching the ball or KDub not getting open. Maybe we would have scored more points.... who knows. but:

we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.
& we're bitching about our offense because we lost that game.

Maybe you would have called a different game all together. Maybe everything would have happened the way you imagined it would have. but:
we had the lead with 1:56 seconds left. They had no time outs, the started on the 80 yard line & Dan Orlovsky was their QB.
& we put the #1 defense on the field
Were you singing this to me? Cuz I get the feeling you were rapping or something......


I didn't say fire Gary, hold him accountable, AS FANS (clients). Our offense DID fail, because up until our last possession we were getting DESTROYED on TOP. You notice our defense has been worse since Yates started....you know why?!?! Because they are on the field way too much.

And its ALL of our coaches fault for having KJ one on one with Wayne for the winning TD.......again, not saying fire anyone here, but if you are McNair you better go downstairs and yell at Gary, just remind him wtf he is doing here.....

Gary better get the offense back on track or it is UNDENIABLE that we will lose the wild card game regardless of who we play.
__________________
amazing80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #91
Big Lou
Stop Clowning
 
Big Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Section: DirecTV
Age: 39
Posts: 3,087
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
You're a complete fn moron....no one implied that last night. NO ONE. It was a painful loss and we were embarrassed of the way we played in front of MILLIONS....to say that I am less of a fan because I felt embarrassed is idiotic and childish. They're defensive because everyone on here at some point has had these feelings, expect maybe people like you who would love to hand gold stars to all our players and would like to hand out ribbons so the "kids" don't feel like they were losers....your part of the problem with society today, soft as f!!k and no heart....grow a pair
Wow on the f-ing moron comment, just very high class. Anywaysome people did imply that, what the hell do you think ashamed means?????

I'm tired of trying to make my point and really tired of holding back from going off on you Mr. 12000, your insults and lack of logic have beaten my "soft, pair lacking, problem with the country, everyone deserves a trophy" self, because I so see how you got there from my posts. Man you've got me pegged, I'm actually a little freaked out at how well you know me, its crazy.......
__________________
Nothing is impossible, it just costs more.
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #92
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,674
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Wow on the f-ing moron comment, just very high class. Anywaysome people did imply that, what the hell do you think ashamed means?????

I'm tired of trying to make my point and really tired of holding back from going off on you Mr. 12000, your insults and lack of logic have beaten my "soft, pair lacking, problem with the country, everyone deserves a trophy" self, because I so see how you got there from my posts. Man you've got me pegged, I'm actually a little freaked out at how well you know me, its crazy.......
Since when did posting on a message board indicate high class?

You're tired of "trying to make your point" because your points are ridiculous. In case you did not know

Ashamed: Embarrassed or feeling guilt because of something one has done or a characteristic one has.

No where does it say in the definition that ashamed means "wearing paper bags on your head".

Here is an internet trophy, because, well, there are no "losers" in this thread, we're all winners
__________________
amazing80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #93
Textan
Veteran
 
Textan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 46
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Agree with amazing.
This is a professional team. The players and coaching staff get paid handsomely for doing their jobs. This isn't a high school team.
My opinion, and I know it's not popular seeing the Texans are actually going to the play offs; the last two losses can be blamed almost 100% on Kubiaks ineptness as a coach. This team last night and last Sunday weren't prepared mentally for these games.
It's the coaches responsibility to get these highly trained athletes in the right frame of mind.
After the Bengal win they seem to be content in just making the play offs.
Unless Kubiak can get these folks in the right frame of mind I don't expect them to make it far in the play offs.
Blaming losses on injuries is the easy way out. Somehow this team with so many injuries and a third string QB won 3 games before.
Personally, making the play offs isn't all I look for out of this team. As a real fan I demand more.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #94
Texanator
Rabid Brahma
 
Texanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Austin
Posts: 273
Rep Power: 2447 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

I've suffered with this team for 10 years and have always stuck by them, even when they piss me off so bad I'm seeing Red, Battle Red.
I've often felt like a hurricane chaser, so either fair weather or foul weather. I am a total fan of this team and that's the bottom line!
__________________


You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #95
rush2112mn
All Pro
 
rush2112mn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 49
Posts: 706
Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

I ignore bandwagon fans....because most of them don't like the team...they just go along with the crowd.....they have nothing intelligent to say about the team and dont even know the players or what positions they are on the team.

It is not worth getting to know them....because they will fall off and start talking negative and even some of them get on texantalk.com and start stupid idiotic threads just to try and make the true Texan fans mad.

Just leave them lukewarmies alone.....dont pay any attention to them.....
Its just not worth the conversation.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #96
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,971
Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post


You started a thread called "Borderline fair weather fans" and then you act like you're not trying to call people fair weather fans or judge the level of devotion other people have for their team... Blow smoke up somebody else's rear.
Yep

Judgemental smoke blower
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #97
Big Lou
Stop Clowning
 
Big Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Section: DirecTV
Age: 39
Posts: 3,087
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

Judgemental smoke blower
Whatever neg repper..........
__________________
Nothing is impossible, it just costs more.
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #98
Shaft75
Site Contributor
 
Shaft75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 34
Posts: 3,089
Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Seriously... How did my thread get merged with this one? I never called out anyones fanhood...

Anyway, screw the last couple of games and even this next game. We have the playoffs ahead of us so let's just punish any team that's in our way to Indy.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #99
ObsiWan
Site Contributor
 
ObsiWan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Tx
Age: 62
Posts: 13,958
Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
And really that's as it should be. It's a product. If it's fans they want then they need to perform consistently at a high level.

Would you really not ***** out the manager of your local grocery store if you kept kept buying your meat and produce there only to find out when you got home that the meat was rancid and the produce was rotten?

If that grocery store's manager wants happy customers, he'll make sure his product is of a high quality. And if it's not, he can reasonably expect to get a boot in the ass.

And, as Carr Bombed pointed out, your description really doesn't apply to anyone on this board because if we didn't care, we wouldn't be here venting our frustrations.

I'm sorry. Was it the manager who put the bad produce and rancid meat in your grocery cart or was it you being too inattentive to notice what quality of food that you were selecting to feed your family?

Are you really the kind of person that refuses to take responsibility for selections/decisions they themselves make? You never struck me as that guy before. I won't believe that's you.

Try another analogy. That one doesn't really fit here.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #100
Showtime100
Got AJ?
 
Showtime100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin,Tx
Age: 51
Posts: 20,648
Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas all you borderline fairweather's.

__________________
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger