Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-22-2011   #41
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My 1st neg rep

Nothing like a little adversity to bring out the best in us.

To recap:

Numerous injuries
10 and 5
3rd Rookie QB
AFC South Champs
Playoff Berth
Cindarella Story prior to last sunday
Embarrassing
Ashamed
No Excuses, no odds are too long
$100,000 fine for Watt on Monday

Anyway, it's been fun, peace out going to bed.

All smart ass, Texan on Texan violence aside, in all seriousness Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, and I mean everyone.
Old 12-22-2011   #42
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i have a texans jersey.... beat that
Old 12-23-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Negative rep me all you want, but there sure are a lot of borderline fair weather fans out there.
I agree.

Some (if this doesn't describe you, then I'm not talking about you) of these guys were complaining this time last season because we won a "meaningless game"

Same guys bitched in our 9-7 year because we beat a team with nothing to play for.

Now we lose a "meaningless game" with nothing to lose & surprise, they're bitching.

Three years ago they are bitching the Kubiak is too loyal to veteran players & won't give young guys a chance... now they're bitching because Kubiak is too loyal to a young guy & won't give a veteran a chance.

Old 12-23-2011   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
You're the kind of guy who thinks the world will end next year too I bet......always making more out of things than what is real....were there some bad calls? Absolutely, did we lose a 60 minute game because of say, 3 bad calls? No f'n way
So you're saying three free first downs via phantom penalties didn't give the Colts the game?
Did I mention that each penalty stopped the clock when the Colts had no more timeouts and there was less than a minute left when they got in the redzone??
Did I also mention we were leading for most of those 60 minutes until the refs stepped in.

But they didn't cost us the game?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My 1st neg rep
ditto
Old 12-23-2011   #46
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

How extravagantly does this team have to disappoint before it's okay to "piss and moan"? The truth of the matter is that if we weren't die-hard fans we wouldn't be so miffed about watching our team perform a public abortion on a national platform. All fans are different, some get angry when the team loses and some crap rainbows. Moral of the story, questioning other people's fan hood is lame and unnecessary.
Old 12-23-2011   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My 1st neg rep
Seriously??????
what the hell for?
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2011   #48
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
How extravagantly does this team have to disappoint before it's okay to "piss and moan"? The truth of the matter is that if we weren't die-hard fans we wouldn't be so miffed about watching our team perform a public abortion on a national platform. All fans are different, some get angry when the team loses and some crap rainbows. Moral of the story, questioning other people's fan hood is lame and unnecessary.
Fair enough... People react differently to adversity. You're right about that.
and questioning fanhood is lame.

I'm calm now.
Really.
Old 12-23-2011   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
How extravagantly does this team have to disappoint before it's okay to "piss and moan"?
Arian Foster had a hell of a game, meaning the OL had a hell of a game. Duane Brown should go to the pro bowl based on this game alone.

JJWatt went into beast mode today.

Had we not committed 2 of the 6 penalties on that last drive, we win this game & we're talking about the Texans heart & intensity.
Old 12-23-2011   #50
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Arian Foster had a hell of a game, meaning the OL had a hell of a game. Duane Brown should go to the pro bowl based on this game alone.

JJWatt went into beast mode today.

Had we not committed 2 of the 6 penalties on that last drive, we win this game & we're talking about the Texans heart & intensity.
I can't speak for anybody else, but I would be talking about how troubling it is to have just squeaked out a 16-12 win over a 1-13 team. Losing just makes it even more embarrassing than it already was.
Old 12-23-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
We've had umpteen threads about fair weathered fans, hell, I even started one back in the day. But, I've learned. You love the team, you love it all. That means the good and the bad.

The ONLY thing that comes out of these threads is a pissing match over fandom. So, I'll play along.

I have a Texans room, two walls red, two walls blue, logo smack dab in the middle filled with various Texans swag. I have custom Texans pink plates on my car. I have Texans pin-stripping WITH THE LOGO on my car. I have a Texans tattoo (that I got during 2 & 16) and my dogs name is Toro.

All of the above is true ... well, except the dog thing. Does that make me a better fan than you? Hell no ... To be honest, I'm shocked this team still has fans at all ....
Imagine you won the lotto.

You get a bunch of new friends. They like everything you like. They laugh at all your jokes. They agree with all your decisions.

But when your money runs out... they laugh at you. They talk about your "stupid" decisions. They are hard to find when you need someone to talk to.

Then there is that one friend who was there before the lotto. & (s)he's there after you lose it all. This friend tries to understand what you're going through. Morns with you when you make a mistake, he doesn't tear you a new buthole for making a mistake.

Who's your real friend?

Constructive criticism is cool. But most of what we hear after a loss is not constructive. It's message board material for rival fans.
Old 12-23-2011   #52
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did the Texans not lose to a 1 win Colts team (Manningless)

Are they the Texans arch rivals?

Thanks for the neg rep. LOL

Maybe I expect to much of a Gary coached team.

We miss you Wade.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #53
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Who's your real friend?
I appreciate the attempt at analogy, but if the Texans really want friends they should go out and buy a bunch of puppies.

What they're really trying to do, when you boil it all down, is sell a product.

The product this season is an improvement over the previous nine attempts, but it still ain't close to being Coca-Cola.

The bitching isn't like kicking a friend when he's down. It's like spitting out a swig of crappy, flat soda and saying: "This sucks! Try again!"
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #54
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

What a shitty thread. Real fans don't constantly spew "everything is wonderful" from their lips, morons do.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You get a bunch of new friends. They like everything you like. They laugh at all your jokes. They agree with all your decisions.

But when your money runs out... they laugh at you. They talk about your "stupid" decisions. They are hard to find when you need someone to talk to.

Then there is that one friend who was there before the lotto. & (s)he's there after you lose it all. This friend tries to understand what you're going through. Morns with you when you make a mistake, he doesn't tear you a new buthole for making a mistake.

Who's your real friend?

Constructive criticism is cool. But most of what we hear after a loss is not constructive. It's message board material for rival fans.
Imagine you've spent time rooting on a shit team with shit coaching and finally your cheap ass owner finally opens up his tight fisted wallet, the team finally spends the $$$ to get a competent DC.

Then they become snakebit, lose 2 QB's and still win 2 games anyway. The their DC has to miss 2 wks with galls stones and the Texans HC with an affinity for sheep cant lead his troops to a win against a 4 win Carolina team or a 1 win arch rival Colts team.

If this is the case then Wade needs to be Coach of the yr. I cant believe Gary is this bad and I'm a pink soaper.
Old 12-23-2011   #56
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Who's your real friend?

Imagine you've spent time rooting on a shit team with shit coaching and finally your cheap ass owner finally opens up his tight fisted wallet, the team finally spends the $$$ to get a competent DC.

Then they become snakebit, lose 2 QB's and still win 2 games anyway. The their DC has to miss 2 wks with galls stones and the Texans HC with an affinity for sheep cant lead his troops to a win against a 4 win Carolina team or a 1 win arch rival Colts team.

If this is the case then Wade needs to be Coach of the yr. I cant believe Gary is this bad and I'm a pink soaper.
Old 12-23-2011   #57
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You get a bunch of new friends. They like everything you like. They laugh at all your jokes. They agree with all your decisions

Then there is that one friend who was there before the "lotto". & (s)he's there after you lose it all. This friend tries to understand what you're going through. Morns with you when you make a mistake, he doesn't tear you a new buthole for making a mistake.

Who's your real friend?

Where your analogy fails is...what about the people who have been around WAY BEFORE you "hit it big"? Yep guess what (and I had a "big lottery winner" in my family)...those people end up proving that they're your most truest friends instead of newcomers looking to spend your last dime)
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #58
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Sometimes it's true. Folks can't wait to jump off. Other times (majority), fans are simply voicing their displeasure. I know people that LITERALLY 2 weeks ago were saying "Yates is better than Schaub". Silly? Yeah. But it is what it is. I really ****ing hope we get that W on Jan. 7th.

Why? So I can hear "YOU" (not we) ain't gon' beat Baltimore! (No one here does that "YOU" shit, it's folks I know..)
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #59
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

Cant blame this on the refs, the crowd, or even bandwangon fans.

We lost to a horrible team because we are big headed.

So im bandwagon because i love to see my team do well? We sucked today.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #60
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

To neg rep someone for expressing their opinion is bullshit. Complete total bullshit. I disagree with the OP very VERY much on this, but to use neg rep on this is horrible.

Neg rep trollers, yeah, neg rep someone who is personally insulting people, yeah. But for expressing their opinion? Jesus Christ this is a internet BBS, do you really think everyone here is on the same page?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read