Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-22-2011   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Bullshit ... we call it like we see it. I am so sick of these threads.
Can't rep you, wish I could...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Yeh and some just want to piss and moan because the Texans lost, and forget how we got to 10 and 5.
Bullshit, nobody forgot a damned thing. It's gamenight, passions are high and you should know that.

Stupid thread.
Old 12-22-2011   #22
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is it so cool to expect a team to overcome the refs???? Most of the Colts yards came from penalties real and BS. Penalties are a tipping point in a game of inches and if cant see that then so be it.

I just sure would like to know at what point is it to much to overcome.
Sad but true... 90% of the penalties we committed were legit. The only two questionable calls I remember were the two roughing the passer penalties...
Old 12-22-2011   #23
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
what makes you better than everyone else, your 1700 posts? LOL WEAK bro
I'm just cool like that.

Hey, 2008 called and it wants the term "Fail" back. However i guess the whole "hey xxxx year called", is a little old as well, so I'll call fail on myself.
Old 12-22-2011   #24
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is it so cool to expect a team to overcome the refs???? Most of the Colts yards came from penalties real and BS. Penalties are a tipping point in a game of inches and if cant see that then so be it.

I just sure would like to know at what point is it to much to overcome.
Cool?
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #25
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you bro.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Negative rep me all you want, but there sure are a lot of borderline fair weather fans out there.

One week you see "TJ Yates for president!!!!", "Superbowl baby!!!!", and everything else positive, and then the Texans lose, and your "ashamed", "embarrased", or any number of insults.

In my book your either on the band wagon or your not. Stop hopping on and off week to week. Have the Texans played flat the last three weeks, hell yeah they have.

Have you noticed, the injuries. Besides losing stars, they've lost depth. That takes a huge toll this time of year. A lot in here want to forget what the team has one, and what Kubiak has done through the challenges and throw it out the door because of a loss.

I'm going to start calling some of you Cybill!!!!!

Some of you think your so cool saying the Texans shouldn't put themselves in that position Well BS, the team has a lot challenges, and sometimes there are "reasons" not excuses........

I can understand those that don't want to blame the refs, but sometimes a spade is a spade. At what point is a refs involvement the tipping point. If eliminate the BS calls tonight or no-calls which went about 90% the Colts way the Texans win the game. Sure they played down, but they got screwed plain and simple.

Being critical of Kubes, play calling, and such is fair. but admit we got hosed, and if you are ashamed or embarrassed, then take a hike and pick another team to root for, we don't need you here. I have this teams back, and although I admit i'm quick to go off on the refs, its completely fair to call the refs out before the team.
My 1st neg rep
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #27
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So I'm a fair weather fan because i'm frustrated with a loss to a team we should have beat in a game we should have won with so much on the line.

i wasn't even heated from the panthers loss but this loss was inexcusable.

cool.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2011   #28
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Sad but true... 90% of the penalties we committed were legit. The only two questionable calls I remember were the two roughing the passer penalties...
No call on the JoJo offensive PI
No call on the second sack on TJ for "touching his head/face mask"
No call on face mask on Foster at the end of the game
Several blatant holds not called
A defensive PI call in which the WR was just as guilty
and yes the awesome roughing the passer calls
Old 12-22-2011   #29
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We've had umpteen threads about fair weathered fans, hell, I even started one back in the day. But, I've learned. You love the team, you love it all. That means the good and the bad.

The ONLY thing that comes out of these threads is a pissing match over fandom. So, I'll play along.

I have a Texans room, two walls red, two walls blue, logo smack dab in the middle filled with various Texans swag. I have custom Texans pink plates on my car. I have Texans pinstripping on my car. I have a Texans tattoo (that I got during 2 & 16) and my dogs name is Toro.

All of the above is true ... well, except the dog thing. Does that make me a better fan than you? Hell no ... To be honest, I'm shocked this team still has fans at all ....
Ill play along

I live smack dab in Packer nation, I fly a Texans flag in my front yard, my basement is painted BATTLE red with a STEEL blue line through the middle, all the way around. I over pay for all my Houston memorabilia because I have to order it online, I have Houston stickers on my truck, I have a Houston Texans vending machine, my dogs name is TEXAN, i have their logo tattooed on my arm that i proudly show everyone.....so yes, I am a better fan then Big Lou, want some, come get some....
Old 12-22-2011   #30
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ill play along

I live smack dab in Packer nation, I fly a Texans flag in my front yard, my basement is painted BATTLE red with a STEEL blue line through the middle, all the way around. I over pay for all my Houston memorabilia because I have to order it online, I have Houston stickers on my truck, I have a Houston Texans vending machine, my dogs name is TEXAN, i have their logo tattooed on my arm that i proudly show everyone.....so yes, I am a better fan then Big Lou, want some, come get come....
LOL and I'm guessing you're not lying about the dog thing
Old 12-22-2011   #31
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL and I'm guessing you're not lying about the dog thing
Nope, everything can be verified by facebook
Old 12-22-2011   #32
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ill play along

Lou, want some, come get come....
Want to get away?

MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Sad that they cant overcome rhis against a 1 win team.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #34
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope, everything can be verified by facebook
Facebook = truth LOL
Old 12-22-2011   #35
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Read Between the Lines Texans Fans...

There seems to be a misconception that venting about how the Texans played is the equivalent to bailing on them. It's hard to come here after a loss and discuss the silver lining in the game. It doesn't mean we have changed our loyalties or think less of the team. I still want them to do something in the playoffs and come back to Indy, but it won't be an easy road and without Schaub and Mario and maybe AJ it will be even harder.

It seems there is a lot of black or white and not enough grey around here after the games. A loss isn't the end of the world and a win doesn't guarantee your name on the Lombardi Trophy. Well, unless it happens to be a win on Feb 5th.
Old 12-22-2011   #36
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Facebook = truth LOL

Not to mention I have 11,269 posts on another Texans forum....not trying to brag, BUT, this thread was made because Big Lou decided I was a "fair weather fan", just trying to defend my colors
Old 12-22-2011   #37
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:
We've had umpteen threads about fair weathered fans, hell, I even started one back in the day. But, I've learned. You love the team, you love it all. That means the good and the bad.

The ONLY thing that comes out of these threads is a pissing match over fandom. So, I'll play along.

I have a Texans room, two walls red, two walls blue, logo smack dab in the middle filled with various Texans swag. I have custom Texans pink plates on my car. I have Texans pinstripping on my car. I have a Texans tattoo (that I got during 2 & 16) and my dogs name is Toro.

All of the above is true ... well, except the dog thing. Does that make me a better fan than you? Hell no ... To be honest, I'm shocked this team still has fans at all ....
You are obviously not a fair weather fan. And if its a pissing match so be it. However words have meanings, I guess I'm just amazed at expectations. Am I pissed, hell yeh I am, but its not realistice to expect 16-0 and domination of every opponent, but losing a game to a 1 and 13 team happens in the NFL. The Packers just lost to KC, I bet they aren't ashamed to be Packer Fans.
Old 12-22-2011   #38
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:

Not to mention I have 11,269 posts on another Texans forum....not trying to brag, BUT, this thread was made because Big Lou decided I was a "fair weather fan", just trying to defend my colors
I believe I said borderline fair weather fans.

For the record all I have is a Texans Window Cling on the back window of my truck, just in case I need to take it off after a loss to a 1 and 13 teams. If you'll excuse me I need to go take it off now.

Although my intention wasnt as a personal insult, more a rallying cry, I must say that it seems I have hit a nerve.
Old 12-22-2011   #39
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
You are obviously not a fair weather fan. And if its a pissing match so be it. However words have meanings, I guess I'm just amazed at expectations. Am I pissed, hell yeh I am, but its not realistice to expect 16-0 and domination of every opponent, but losing a game to a 1 and 13 team happens in the NFL. The Packers just lost to KC, I bet they aren't ashamed to be Packer Fans.
little do you know, they WERE EMBARRASSED and sad and confused....again you're talking about something you know NOTHING ABOUT, weren't you suppose to log off like an hour ago?

we never said go 16-0, but when we lost last week to a crap team EVERYONE expected us to come out today and put a hurtin' on a bad team....just like the Packer fans expect to do this weekend....one bad loss is ACCEPTABLE, but not liked, 2 bad losses and terrible offensive play in 3 consecutive games is NOT accepted....its a bad sign

some of you people act like the playoffs will start and we will magically start scoring 30 points a game again....it won't happen
Old 12-22-2011   #40
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Packers just lost to KC, I bet they aren't ashamed to be Packer Fans.
True, but the maximum number of games they can lose is three. I agree that officiating was very suspect and in the closing moments unbelievable, but given the adversity the Texans have overcome throughout the season, this seeding issue is disappointing.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read