Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-22-2011   #1
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Borderline fair weather fans.....

Negative rep me all you want, but there sure are a lot of borderline fair weather fans out there.

One week you see "TJ Yates for president!!!!", "Superbowl baby!!!!", and everything else positive, and then the Texans lose, and your "ashamed", "embarrased", or any number of insults.

In my book your either on the band wagon or your not. Stop hopping on and off week to week. Have the Texans played flat the last three weeks, hell yeah they have.

Have you noticed, the injuries. Besides losing stars, they've lost depth. That takes a huge toll this time of year. A lot in here want to forget what the team has one, and what Kubiak has done through the challenges and throw it out the door because of a loss.

I'm going to start calling some of you Cybill!!!!!

Some of you think your so cool saying the Texans shouldn't put themselves in that position Well BS, the team has a lot challenges, and sometimes there are "reasons" not excuses........

I can understand those that don't want to blame the refs, but sometimes a spade is a spade. At what point is a refs involvement the tipping point. If eliminate the BS calls tonight or no-calls which went about 90% the Colts way the Texans win the game. Sure they played down, but they got screwed plain and simple.

Being critical of Kubes, play calling, and such is fair. but admit we got hosed, and if you are ashamed or embarrassed, then take a hike and pick another team to root for, we don't need you here. I have this teams back, and although I admit i'm quick to go off on the refs, its completely fair to call the refs out before the team.
Old 12-22-2011   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Borderline fair weather fans.....

Bull**** ... we call it like we see it. I am so sick of these threads.
Old 12-22-2011   #3
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, you're a complete fail and should just log off......for the year
Old 12-22-2011   #4
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah we shouldn't feel embarrassed from losing to a 1-13 team in dramatic fashion during our best season yet in front of millions of people on primetime television
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #5
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

And this thread was started by someone who bitches about the refs in pretty much every post they make. That got old pretty quickly.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
yeah we shouldn't feel embarrassed from losing to a 1-13 team in dramatic fashion during our best season yet in front of millions of people on primetime television
This x100
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #7
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

what makes you better than everyone else, your 1700 posts? LOL WEAK bro
Old 12-22-2011   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say it. I am embarrassed. We lost to a one win team. No Dallas Clark, no manning.

No way that should have happened, even with our injuries
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #9
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Read Between the Lines Texans Fans...

Just try and remember to do this before you post.

I know this is a hard loss to stomach, but please remember the circumstances behind this loss: the loss of Wade, our rookie qb, playing at Indy when they have nothing to lose, THE HORRIBLE OFFICIATING AT THE WORST TIMES, not having AJ, etc. It's just too easy to bail on your boys after a loss like this.

I'm not saying that you are lesser of a fan if you want to ***** about the coach, the players, or whatever. But your posts on here are etched in stone. Crow tastes like crap. Trust me...

I have faith that we'll come back strong to finish out the season and roll into the playoffs on a high note. Let's kick some inbred ass!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Negative rep me all you want, but there sure are a lot of borderline fair weather fans out there.

One week you see "TJ Yates for president!!!!", "Superbowl baby!!!!", and everything else positive, and then the Texans lose, and your "ashamed", "embarrased", or any number of insults.

In my book your either on the band wagon or your not. Stop hopping on and off week to week. Have the Texans played flat the last three weeks, hell yeah they have.

Have you noticed, the injuries. Besides losing stars, they've lost depth. That takes a huge toll this time of year. A lot in here want to forget what the team has one, and what Kubiak has done through the challenges and throw it out the door because of a loss.

I'm going to start calling some of you Cybill!!!!!

Some of you think your so cool saying the Texans shouldn't put themselves in that position Well BS, the team has a lot challenges, and sometimes there are "reasons" not excuses........

I can understand those that don't want to blame the refs, but sometimes a spade is a spade. At what point is a refs involvement the tipping point. If eliminate the BS calls tonight or no-calls which went about 90% the Colts way the Texans win the game. Sure they played down, but they got screwed plain and simple.

Being critical of Kubes, play calling, and such is fair. but admit we got hosed, and if you are ashamed or embarrassed, then take a hike and pick another team to root for, we don't need you here. I have this teams back, and although I admit i'm quick to go off on the refs, its completely fair to call the refs out before the team.
Reality,

The Texans lost to a 1 win team. To an Orlovsky led team.

Wade= MVP
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #11
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Read Between the Lines Texans Fans...

But on the safe side, I think we should make some voodoo dolls and insist TJ change his number.
Old 12-22-2011   #12
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Yeh and some just want to piss and moan because the Texans lost, and forget how we got to 10 and 5.
Old 12-22-2011   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Sybil

Cybill
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #14
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeh and some just want to piss and moan because the Texans lost, and forget how we got to 10 and 3 and then lost two consecutive games to bad teams.
Fixed
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #15
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12640 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Why are the Texans not allowed to use these excuses, but teams like Tennessee, Jacksonville and the Colts can? The division was wide open for anyone to take it, so the Texans took it and never looked back.

Sure, they may have lost some fire, but within the past 3 weeks, they have lost Troy Nolan, Biesel, as well as other players that are playing hurt, but yet we were still competing for the #1 seed.

Take our current roster and compare it to the Ravens and Patriots see if the those 2 teams don't lose a step if they lost any of their key players.

This team has been fun to watch, but I knew Yates was a drop off from probably Leinart but more so Schaub. All I can do is hope they get their fire back, as well as healthy, in time for the playoffs.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #16
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
And this thread was started by someone who bitches about the refs in pretty much every post they make. That got old pretty quickly.
Why is it so cool to expect a team to overcome the refs???? Most of the Colts yards came from penalties real and BS. Penalties are a tipping point in a game of inches and if cant see that then so be it.

I just sure would like to know at what point is it to much to overcome.
Old 12-22-2011   #17
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Sybil

Cybill
Touche!!!!
Old 12-22-2011   #18
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Why is it so cool to expect a team to overcome the refs???? Most of the Colts yards came from penalties real and BS. Penalties are a tipping point in a game of inches and if cant see that then so be it.

I just sure would like to know at what point is it to much to overcome.
You're the kind of guy who thinks the world will end next year too I bet......always making more out of things than what is real....were there some bad calls? Absolutely, did we lose a 60 minute game because of say, 3 bad calls? No f'n way
Old 12-22-2011   #19
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

We've had umpteen threads about fair weathered fans, hell, I even started one back in the day. But, I've learned. You love the team, you love it all. That means the good and the bad.

The ONLY thing that comes out of these threads is a pissing match over fandom. So, I'll play along.

I have a Texans room, two walls red, two walls blue, logo smack dab in the middle filled with various Texans swag. I have custom Texans pink plates on my car. I have Texans pin-stripping WITH THE LOGO on my car. I have a Texans tattoo (that I got during 2 & 16) and my dogs name is Toro.

All of the above is true ... well, except the dog thing. Does that make me a better fan than you? Hell no ... To be honest, I'm shocked this team still has fans at all ....
Old 12-22-2011   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

never mind

Last edited by Hervoyel; 12-22-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: To hell with this. I don't want to fuel this piece of shit thread
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read