Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2011   #41
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: On you Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
We're about to play a playoff game...seeding aside, we should've been spending that time trying to get the kid ready for that playoff game.
Precisely.

Gary chose to play not to lose and--- in doing so ---he lost.

If he had opened up the playbook and gone balls to the wall and lost, at least he would have added some seasoning to his young quarterback.

As it is, the Texans are now limping into the playoffs where Gary will almost certainly use more of the same lame ass strategy of getting a small lead and trying to nurse it.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #42
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He handed the ball off on 3rd and 8....What's your rationalization and excuse for that? Keep drinking the koolaid and crapping rainbows though.
You mean the 3rd & 8 when we were inside the ten?
...in the second quarter.

I suppose you wanted Yates to drop back in his own endzone and give Mathis a shot at another strip sack and TD??

Given the way Mathis and Anderson were abusing Winston, I have no problem with that call.

If there's another 3rd & 8 run play you speak of you'll have to point it out to me. I've gone over the play-by-play 4 times and that's the only one I can find.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #43
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

I suppose you wanted Yates to drop back in his own endzone and give Mathis a shot at another strip sack and TD??

Given the way Mathis and Anderson were abusing Winston, I have no problem with that call.

If there's another 3rd & 8 run play you speak of you'll have to point it out to me. I've gone over the play-by-play 4 times and that's the only one I can find.
Haha. He just said it to get you to do that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
The Indianapolis defense has given up 27.4 points per game this season.

The Texans scored 16 points Thursday night.

The Texans offense scored 11.4 points fewer than Indy's other opponents.

The Indianapolis offense has scored an average of 15.3 points per game.

The Texans defense gave up 19 points Thursday night.

The Texans defense gave up 3.7 points more than Indy's other opponents this season.

Texans offense: 11.4 points below average
Texans defense: 3.7 points above average

This game should have been put away --- with more offensive output --- in the first half.
You forgot the fact that, with Yates at QB, our offense is only averaging 16.5 pts/game.

But I'm sure you'll blame that on Kubiak having some sort of invisible X-Box controller dictating where and when Yates decides to throw.

Bottom line, to me, is that this offense really misses Schaub at the controls. If Schaub had been running the offense, and assuming the same outstanding game from Foster, the game would have been over in the 1st half.
Old 12-25-2011   #45
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yeah since when has scoring (1) TD been good enough for an offense ?
And it was the defense that set them up with that REALLY short field to begin with .
please explain this to me TK, cause the defense made stop after stop after stop, and the Offense did nothing with them, how can you say thats not on the offense. So your saying that scoring 1 TD a game is enough, correct ?
Old 12-25-2011   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Haha. He just said it to get you to do that.
Hey, it's what engineers do. We go over the data to take the emotions out of decision making.
Old 12-25-2011   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I support the gameplan, I dont support that call. Run it out of the shotgun maybe. But id rather see the kid drop back & throw it away if he has to.
Old 12-25-2011   #48
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You forgot the fact that, with Yates at QB, our offense is only averaging 16.5 pts/game.

But I'm sure you'll blame that on Kubiak having some sort of invisible X-Box controller dictating where and when Yates decides to throw.
Yeah, he kinda does. He calls the plays.

I understand there have been plays Yates could have made and didn't. But there's no getting around the fact that he threw the ball only 16 times on Thursday night.

That's on Kubiak.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #49
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You mean like he was allowed to do against Cincy (Who had a MUCH better defense)...which spurred our comeback.

more rainbows and excuses.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #50
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, it's what engineers do. We go over the data to take the emotions out of decision making.
It kinda defeats the purpose when you can't read the data.
Old 12-25-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean like he was allowed to do against Cincy (Who had a MUCH better defense)...which spurred our comeback.

He dropped back three straight times in our own end zone on one of our possessions in this game, we got nothing out of them & had to punt.

Kubiak gave him the opportunity.

3 & out.
Old 12-25-2011   #52
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He dropped back three straight times in our own end zone on one of our possessions in this game, we got nothing out of them & had to punt.

3 & out.
Umm...no he didn't give him the opportunity. On 3rd and 8 he handed the ball off. I don't care about other plays. On 3rd and 8 he passed the buck. When you hand the ball off on 3rd and long you're basically forfeiting possession of the ball....hence playing not to lose and that's basically what it boils down to. Nobody in their right mind can say we played to win that game...not even the biggest Kubiak apologists can say that with a straight face. We didn't play to win that game and the game plan wasn't geared towards that, it was setup to not to lose and when you do that you take the chance at keeping the game close, having bogus penalties dictate the outcome of the game, and losing the game. I want a coach who has the testicular fortitude to go down swinging, not a coach who just lays down.
Old 12-25-2011   #53
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

3 & out.
This never happened.
Old 12-25-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Yes, the same way Tj was allowed to drop back in his own end zone, Kubiak had him drop back 3 straight times in this game. We got nothing & had to punt.

Kubiak gave him a chance then.

You cant question the game plan & say we didn't play to win without looking at the whole game.

I dont agree with the 3rd & 8 call either have no idea what he was thinking. But I'm sure he based his decision on how he felt the game was going.

You know all to well that Kubiak has trusted his players in this situation only to be screwed by a stupid decision. The one thing you dont want to happen on that play, a sack, an INT, a fumble returned for a touch down.

Kick the field goal, give them a long field & put them against the #2 pass defense in the league with no time outs & less than 2 minutes to play.

That may not have been the way you or I would have played it, but it's a viable strategy that makes sense & should have won the game.

And yes, I say should have, knowing your way does not increase our odds of winnning that game. If we threw the ball & didn't get sacked, stripped or threw an interception, maybe we get that first down, maybe we run off more clock, maybe we score, then maybe we win the game.

Maybe.
Old 12-25-2011   #55
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes, the same way Tj was allowed to drop back in his own end zone, Kubiak had him drop back 3 straight times in this game. We got nothing & had to punt.

Kubiak gave him a chance then.

You cant question the game plan & say we didn't play to win without looking at the whole game.

I dont agree with the 3rd & 8 call either have no idea what he was thinking. But I'm sure he based his decision on how he felt the game was going.

You know all to well that Kubiak has trusted his players in this situation only to be screwed by a stupid decision. The one thing you dont want to happen on that play, a sack, an INT, a fumble returned for a touch down.

Kick the field goal, give them a long field & put them against the #2 pass defense in the league with no time outs & less than 2 minutes to play.

That may not have been the way you or I would have played it, but it's a viable strategy that makes sense & should have won the game.

And yes, I say should have, knowing your way does not increase our odds of winnning that game. If we threw the ball & didn't get sacked, stripped or threw an interception, maybe we get that first down, maybe we run off more clock, maybe we score, then maybe we win the game.

Maybe.
What exactly is your goal here? You see the game the way you see it and I see it the way I see it...you aren't going to change my opinion here. Gary Kubiak called a conservative game and sat on every lead that he had...AND THAT'S THE TRUTH. If you want to make excuses or act like the offense had nothing to do with the loss or played well enough to win, that's your deal..not mine.
Old 12-25-2011   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This never happened.
I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to waste the time looking up the facts, but I didn't remember that happening either.
Old 12-25-2011   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This never happened.
You're right, I remembered it wrong.

But Tj did drop back into the endzone... only once, not 3 times back-to-back like I said.

It was on our third possession.
Old 12-25-2011   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
What exactly is your goal here? You see the game the way you see it and I see it the way I see it...you aren't going to change my opinion here. Gary Kubiak called a conservative game and sat on every lead that he had...AND THAT'S THE TRUTH. If you want to make excuses or act like the offense had nothing to do with the loss or played well enough to win, that's your deal..not mine.
I'm just trying to help. I see us working on the game plan that is going to get us wins in the post season.

I'm disappointed in the loss, but I'm not mad.

I'm still optimistic for a deep play-off run. Looking at the games the way I see them points directly to that.

You're seeing no way we win one game, much less two unless we do something drastically different. My way, with or without Aj, with or without Wade, we're going to the AFC Championship game with a chance to win.

You don't want to be a part of that, that's on you. You'd rather know better & second guess the same game plan that got us here, that's your deal.
Old 12-25-2011   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm just trying to help. I see us working on the game plan that is going to get us wins in the post season.

I'm disappointed in the loss, but I'm not mad.

I'm still optimistic for a deep play-off run. Looking at the games the way I see them points directly to that.

You're seeing no way we win one game, much less two unless we do something drastically different. My way, with or without Aj, with or without Wade, we're going to the AFC Championship game with a chance to win.

You don't want to be a part of that, that's on you. You'd rather know better & second guess the same game plan that got us here, that's your deal.
You can't hide your QB in the NFL and you certainly can't hide him in the playoffs...that type of game plan will not net us any wins in the postseason (LMAO that game plan couldn't even get us a win against a team that was 1-14 and starting Dan Orlovsky ). What Kubiak should've been doing during all these last few games is prepare his QB to play in the postseason, not try to protect him.
Old 12-25-2011   #60
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to waste the time looking up the facts, but I didn't remember that happening either.
i am looking at the play by play and i dont see it either, nor do i remeber it happening.

here we go.

1st possesion
run
run
TD

2nd
Run
pass/fumble

3rd
run
pass
3rd and 9 RUN
Punt

4th
pass for 29 yards
run
run
pass
pass pass
FG

5th
run
run
run
pass
punt

6th
pass
run
3rd and 8 run
punt

7th
pass
run
pass
punt

8th
pass
rush
pass
rush
2nd and 12 rush
pass
punt

9th
run
run
pass
3rd and 15 Run
punt

10th
pass
run/reverse
run
pass
pass
punt

11th
pass
run
pass
run
run
run
run
pass
run
pass
run
run
run
FG

12th
pass
pass

now i see NO 3 consecutive passes that led to a punt, i do however see A LOT of 3rd and 8+ runs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read