Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2011   #41
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You can blame this loss on the refs all you want but this one is on...

I'm of the opinion that there is no all or none.

It wasn't all the refs fault. Did they make some horsebleep calls? Yep. That hurt us and contributed to the outcome.

It wasn't all Kubiak's fault. Does he seem to play not to lose instead of playing to win? Yeah, but sometimes you have to trust that your defense that hasn't let the Colts into the endzone all game will hold.

It wasn't all the offense's fault. They didn't have consistency and it wasn't just the QB. O-line missed some blocks that contributed to 3 and long situations.

It wasn't all the defense's fault. They were on the field for a big chunk of the game for the 2nd time in 4 days. That's got to take a toll. When you make a big stop and then have to go back out there in 70 seconds because the offense has a 3 and out it's tough.

Injuries are taking a toll, but it still isn't an excuse. We shouldn't have been in a position where the outcome could be decided by the refs.

As for bandwagon fans, I don't think us being upset or suddenly coming back to earth warrants that label. I was hypnotized by the 7 game win streak and talked myself into thinking we could go to the Super Bowl. I don't think we can now and it's not because I've lost faith or no longer support the team. I want them to do it, but I am a realist. Losing pro bowl players takes a toll. This offense will struggle to score in the playoffs. If they can't control the clock the D is going to tire and give up something at the end. Every team they could potentially play in the first round has a strong D. It isn't going to be an easy road and it's going to be more difficult with a rookie at QB. I was caught up in the hype and I still think Yates can be something in the future, but asking him to win playoff games isn't fair to him.
Old 12-23-2011   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You can blame this loss on the refs all you want but this one is on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTexans View Post
Yup. Why couldn't Kubiak be like the Panthers coach last week when they had a lead but guess what? They didnt just sat on it. They extended it. I ****ing hate Kubiak. He's good sometimes but i guess he forgot that Yates isn't that bad for a rookie. **** KUBIAK
During the time that Wade Phillips has been in the hospital, this team is 0-2 against teams that were a combined 4-30 and the Texans have played the same "lame duck, damn the bad luck, ahh shucks..we'll get'em next time" football.

Let's not kid ourselves here....Kubiak is NOT responsible for our success this season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #43
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
injuries are taking their toll, now the refs are to. be ashamed all u want, and if you are then don't watch the playoffs.

some of you guys sure are fair weather and wont stick up for the team when they get screwed. we got out played last week. this week we didn't play well but didn't get out played we just got f-d.

Foster put up yards, the d played well except for giving up some plays but the were on the field all game because of the refs.
Quote:
why dont you go be a colts fan if they out played us.

Cut the freaking crap, stop questioning people's "fandom status"..I've been here since day 1 and anybody who actually spends their time posting on a "MB" are a cut above your "fair weather" fan.

I'm sick of posters that play that card, because it makes absolutely no sense. It is possible to criticize your team without having your "fandom" called in question
Old 12-23-2011   #44
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree. I won't go so far as blaming the coach, but when I go over the game with the guys I won't be spending a lot of time trying to "fix" the penalties.

We're not slinging the ball all over the field & I understand why some don't like that style of football. I don't like that style of football.

But I don't think it's on Gary. The routes were there, I think there were some open receivers, the kid didn't pull the trigger.

I think we'll get there by play-off time.
Yates may still be squeemish from those two INTs he threw last week. The game may be getting to him mentally.

We got a week and a half for him to get over this tenativeness.

In a related matter, I did some checking, and when we've won, we usually run a lot more than we pass. And not just when we've won big but the close ones too. Both Pittsburgh and Atlanta were 7-pt wins but our pass to run ratio was 21 passes/35 runs to beat Pittsburgh and 25/44 to beat Atlanta. So the run first formula works. ...and would have worked tonight if not for those calls that gave first downs and kept stopping the clock when the Colts had no timeouts.
Old 12-23-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
How many passes downfield did we call?????
You don't call passes downfield. Every pass play has multiple routes.

When you here the people on t.v. talk about a QB going through his progression, they mean that the QB goes through those options.

Before you pretend to know what you're talking about again, you should know the communication to the QB is turned when there is 10 seconds left on the clock, so Kubiak can't be telling Tj who to throw it to.

He throws it to the guy who is open.
Old 12-23-2011   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I've always wanted Kubes gone except once he's been named as HC for the year or during the year as long as we are in it (well, you know).

Having said that it blows me away how people can forget JUST WHAT WAS LOST on those horrible calls. This week I might see if I can go back and show that.

Yeah, we had some self-inflicted problems, but you can figure out what would have happened if the game was called properly.
I never discredited what was lost due to those poor plays...was it a crappy called game? Hell yes it was, but guess what? If this was a aggressively called game by our head coach, those piss poor calls wouldn't of been the deciding factor. When you play close to the vest like we did, you take the chance to leave the outcome of the game in the hands of those ****ty refs and that's what happened tonight.
Old 12-23-2011   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

It was still stupid to have Kareem on Wayne at any point in the game. I'm all for the whole Kareem has gotten better theory but there is no way that he nor Allen should have been defending Wayne as much as they did...especially on the last play.
Totally disagree. There were two passes thrown to Wayne while Kj was covering him. I think the 23 yard pass on the last drive & the TD pass from the 1..... 24 yards & a TD on Kj.

Most of the remainder was on Allen, everytime he turned the wrong way Wayne was gaining yards & receptions. There was one fade thrown on McCain that picked up 16 or so.

But Jjo was getting abused by Garcon. If you think Wayne is the better of the two, putting Jjo on Wayne doesn't sound like a good idea.
Old 12-23-2011   #48
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Cut the freaking crap, stop questioning people's "fandom status"..I've been here since day 1 and anybody who actually spends their time posting on a "MB" are a cut above your "fair weather" fan.

I'm sick of posters that play that card, because it makes absolutely no sense. It is possible to criticize your team without having your "fandom" called in question
I wasn't calling you out with the Colts thing, that was for one person in particular, I admit I lost my temper because that one person came at me hard, but shame on me.

My point was not well made apparently. Of course you can criticize the team, but some of the posts were a little extreme. My opinion is you dont get talk out of both sides of your mouth week to week. When I say you, I mean fans in general, not you specifically. Not every fan in here does that, my post were for them. A lot of people have taken it that way.

What I'm most pissed about is the refs are just written off, and its OK, and it has to be overcome. Lots of good teams play down to thier competition, and we did that tonight. I just want some of the folks to admit the refs had a big impact tonight.

And yes i'm very critical of the refs I admit that!!!!! Lack of consistency drives me crazy though.
Old 12-23-2011   #49
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You don't call passes down field. Every pass play has multiple routes.

When you here the people on t.v. talk about a QB going through his progression, they mean that the QB goes through those options.

Before you pretend to know what you're talking about again, you should know the communication to the QB is turned when there is 10 seconds left on the clock, so Kubiak can't be telling Tj who to throw it to.

He throws it to the guy who is open.
The guy was only allowed 16 pass attempts and how many were designed screens? lol, it's amazing how when we played against teams we weren't expected to beat (like Atlanta and Cincy on the road) we pretty much ran the same plays that we ran with Schaub (played to win), but when we played against teams that everybody expected us to beat handedly (Carolina at home and a 1-14 team on the road) Kubiak "turtle headed" (for lack of a better term...see O.P. post)

coincedence...I think not. Conservative Kubes has coached the last two games like they were already in the bag....and he's lost them both. We basically took the ball out of Yates' hands the same we we took the ball out of his hands during the Jags game that he was forced into relief.
Old 12-23-2011   #50
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wasn't calling you out with the Colts thing, that was for one person in particular, I admit I lost my temper because that one person came at me hard, but shame on me.

My point was not well made apparently. Of course you can criticize the team, but some of the posts were a little extreme. My opinion is you dont get talk out of both sides of your mouth week to week. When I say you, I mean fans in general, not you specifically. Not every fan in here does that, my post were for them. A lot of people have taken it that way.

What I'm most pissed about is the refs are just written off, and its OK, and it has to be overcome. Lots of good teams play down to their competition, and we did that tonight. I just want some of the folks to admit the refs had a big impact tonight.

And yes I'm very critical of the refs I admit that!!!!! Lack of consistency drives me crazy though.

The Refs did play a BIG impact and they most certainly had a outcome on the game, but the good coaches don't allow them to (especially when they're playing a team that's 1-14) and good teams/good coaches don't play down to ****ty competition when they're trying to secure a postseason bye. If Kubiak does his JOB, this game never comes down to coaching...for the past two weeks, he's been nothing, but a mother hen who's don nothing, but sit on every lead regardless of how big/SMALL it may have been.
Old 12-23-2011   #51
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The guy was only allowed 16 pass attempts and how many were designed screens? lol, it's amazing how when we played against teams we weren't expected to beat (like Atlanta and Cincy on the road) we pretty much ran the same plays that we ran with Schaub (played to win), but when we played against teams that everybody expected us to beat handedly (Carolina at home and a 1-14 team on the road) Kubiak "turtle headed" (for lack of a better term...see O.P. post)

coincedence...I think not. Conservative Kubes has coached the last two games like they were already in the bag....and he's lost them both. We basically took the ball out of Yates' hands the same we we took the ball out of his hands during the Jags game that he was forced into relief.
In the Atlanta game we threw 25 times and ran 44. This game we threw 16 times and ran 31. We are a run first team. We were with Schaub and we are with Yates. That hasn't really changed.
Old 12-23-2011   #52
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
In the Atlanta game we threw 25 times and ran 44. This game we threw 16 times and ran 31. We are a run first team. We were with Schaub and we are with Yates. That hasn't really changed.
Difference is...when we were faced with a 3rd & 8 we threw the freaking ball in that game. In this game we just handed it off. In passing situations, we passed the buck. As far as that Atlanta game, this game was a lot more comparable to the Jacksonville game. The cuffs were put back on and if you're going to put the cuffs on then pull Yates. Like I said in the game thread. If you aren't going to trust Yates to make throws against a 3-11 team or a 1 and 13 team, than you might as well put in Jake Delhomme.
Old 12-23-2011   #53
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Refs did play a BIG impact and they most certainly had a outcome on the game, but the good coaches don't allow them to (especially when they're playing a team that's 1-14) and good teams/good coaches don't play down to ****ty competition when they're trying to secure a postseason bye. If Kubiak does his JOB, this game never comes down to coaching...for the past two weeks, he's been nothing, but a mother hen who's don nothing, but sit on every lead regardless of how big/SMALL it may have been.
i guess thats our fundamental disagreement, and I respect our rights to agree to disagree. My philosophy is that this is a game of inches. Any team can win thats why they play. I just feel that saying they shouldn't be in a situation to let the refs have a big impact is like looking at the game in a vacuum. One very much has an impact on the other. I just feel it really doesnt take much to change the balance of a game, especially a divisional game. I just feel the momentum was tipped to Indy.

Also can you guys believe how shocked the Colts and thier fans were so puzzled by the penalty for helmet to helmet on Walters? That made me laugh, I was like "the white helmet clearly hit the blue helmet", agree with it or not it was pretty text book really. They acted as if it were ticky tacky.

At least we can say this was the Colts Superbowl..........
Old 12-23-2011   #54
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i guess thats our fundamental disagreement, and I respect our rights to agree to disagree. My philosophy is that this is a game of inches. Any team can win thats why they play. I just feel that saying they shouldn't be in a situation to let the refs have a big impact is like looking at the game in a vacuum. One very much has an impact on the other. I just feel it really doesn't take much to change the balance of a game, especially a divisional game. I just feel the momentum was tipped to Indy.

Also can you guys believe how shocked the Colts and their fans were so puzzled by the penalty for helmet to helmet on Walters? That made me laugh, I was like "the white helmet clearly hit the blue helmet", agree with it or not it was pretty text book really. They acted as if it were ticky tacky.

At least we can say this was the Colts Superbowl..........
Questionable calls come into question in close games....Kubes was spotted a TD in the first 20 seconds of the ball game and he was still in position to receive the ball at halftime. This isn't just about inches.. you create your own luck in this league...Kubiak always creates bad luck.
Old 12-23-2011   #55
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Welp...Texans about to win 7 in a row again...

Thanks, CB.

(last time the OP started a thread, that's what happened...)
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #56
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Injuries have taken their toll, especially at qb. Even a caveman can figure that out.

You can keep hatin' on kubes when we ALL know that kube's offense is TJ at QB and AJ in sweats on the sidelines. Yep, it's kubes offense.
Were the Colts Manningless?

Is Yates better than Orlovsky?

Apparently not.

Crying now......

LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #57
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Were the Colts Manningless?

Is Yates better than Orlovsky?

Apparently not.

Crying now......

LOL
I dunno.
Maybe.
Yates had a better completion percentage and a QB rating that was nearly 20 pts higher than Orlovsky (... come to think of it, I used to hear those same sort of stats quoted when folks would defend Carr)

I do know that Orlovsky had a Reggie Wayne to go to in the clutch.
Yates didn't have anyone anywhere close to that to rely on when he needed a playmaker.
Where was Daniels? Oh right, 1 catch for 4 yds.
Old 12-23-2011   #58
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

had leinart been playing yall would be blaming him for refusing to look more than 5 yards down the field. it being the popular rook and kubiak is catching hell for calling a bunch of dump offs, incomplete drop backs, and unfinished routes ... as foster averages 10ypc.

exact same game, exact same playcalling - schaub puts up 35.
Old 12-23-2011   #59
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1858 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
He hamstrung Yates, all game (that's not to say we have great WRs that can get open all the time) and Kubes just didn't give his team the chance to win.
Hamstrung Yates? When he dropped back to pass the Colts were all over him. If he did have time to pass he was getting OD and Walter killed over the middle again. We have no one to stretch the D right now. Our WR's can be covered 1 on 1 (even by Kareem Jackson ). The defenses seem to be staying with our TE more when they release on the boot which makes it even worse.

The defense had given up four FG's during the game. You take the FG at the end to go up by four on the road so they need a TD to win. Unfortunately the refs decided to protect Dan Orlovsky like he was #18 and the Colts realized Kareem Jackson was on the field and started picking on him..........as usual.

Bottom line is the injuries on offense are catching up to us. Teams just don't "keep it going" when your starting QB and WR go down. Let's not forget about Mike Brisiel being out either.
Old 12-23-2011   #60
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Youíre playing with a rookie fifth round draft pick at QB.

Your only deep threat receiver is out injured.

Injury forces you into playing a back up O lineman for the first time this year.

You have one of the best tandem of RBís in football.

Your D has been playing lights out for several weeks.

Yes, you play it close to the vest and rely on your D, its not rocket science.

Your plan is working to perfection in spite of your D being screwed out of their best plays.

Watts p.f penalties were bogus.

Then the refs decide to give the Colts 12 shots at a score inside the five yard line.

(If my memory serves me right they got 1st and 10 three times?)

Yeah..Itís all on Kubiak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read