Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2011   #21
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You can blame this loss on the refs all you want but this one is on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
why dont you go be a colts fan if they out played us.
youre a complete fail and now I realize why I said stupid things to be BANNED FROM THIS SITE FOR LIFE.....ive been a fan of this team since day one so don't talk to me like you bleed for this team MORE THAN ME....being embarrassed and sad of this team doesn't mean I won't support them or will turn my back on them...it means they let me down....

my kid can embarrass me but it doesnt mean i love him less....get a clue and quit acting like your king around here, youre a nobody and the passion you lack people like me make up for it....go grab some coffee and take a nap while the rest of us get the frustration out of our systems.....
Old 12-22-2011   #22
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
So tell me, what, EXACTLY, should he have called?
Something to go past the first down. marker? Perhaps a slant to Walter? A little TE crossing route of some sort?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #23
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You can blame this loss on the refs all you want but this one is on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
I blame the loss on the Ofense. Not the refs, not injuries, not the defense. And who coaches the Offense................waiting.............waiting ..............KUBES!
At the same time I am and this thread is not, fire Kubes. Kube's offense lost this game. Plain and simple.
Injuries have taken their toll, especially at qb. Even a caveman can figure that out.

You can keep hatin' on kubes when we ALL know that kube's offense is TJ at QB and AJ in sweats on the sidelines. Yep, it's kubes offense.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #24
Pieman2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
injuries are taking thier toll, now the refs are to. be ashamed all u want, and if you are then dont watch the playoffs.

some of you guys sure are fair weather and wont stick up for the team when they get screwed. we got out played last week. this week we didnt play well but didnt get out played we just got f-d.

Foster put up yards, the d played well except for giving up some plays but the were on the field all game because of the refs.
Being mad at your team doesn't make you less of a fan. It's a bad loss and it hurts. In fact I'd say the more you love your team the more it hurts and the more embarrassing it is.
Pieman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #25
Pieman2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
youre a complete fail and now I realize why I said stupid things to be BANNED FROM THIS SITE FOR LIFE.....ive been a fan of this team since day one so don't talk to me like you bleed for this team MORE THAN ME....being embarrassed and sad of this team doesn't mean I won't support them or will turn my back on them...it means they let me down....

my kid can embarrass me but it doesnt mean i love him less....get a clue and quit acting like your king around here, youre a nobody and the passion you lack people like me make up for it....go grab some coffee and take a nap while the rest of us get the frustration out of our systems.....
QFT man.
Pieman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I concur. It's the same crap as last year.

Just as soon as I thought I could gain trust in Gary Kubiak - just when I thought a coach can grow within his game - like a dog returns to his vomit, Kubiak reverts, again, to his back-up quarterback mentality. He hamstrung Yates, all game (that's not to say we have great WRs that can get open all the time) and Kubes just didn't give his team the chance to win.

We knew coming in that this was an audition for the playoffs and that "The Kid" had to sling it around a little bit!

I would have felt much better if the Texans had went down swinging, but they clogged it up like a gallstone stuck in a defensive genius.

Thank you Kubiak, you piece of ****.
I can't find much to complain about in this post. He doesn't trust Yates and that shouldn't surprise any of us. How long did it take him to trust Schaub? Does he? We're going nowhere like this.
Old 12-22-2011   #27
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

blaming the refs is dumb....sure they didnt HELP and they piss you off, but we had 60 minutes to pound it down their throats and we didn't.....it should never have been that close to begin with

our defense is not getting worse over the last few weeks, they are getting tired

our offense has been sucking and TOP has flipped and our defense is out there way too long, same crap as last season.....until we start controlling the clock and running our NORMAL offense, we will continue to struggle, THAT IS WHY WE BLAME GARY....don't run a watered down offense because you were put in a situation with a rookie qb you did not expect to be in....play like normal and see what happens
Old 12-22-2011   #28
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post

You were banned?, seriously- no way....
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #29
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Injuries have taken their toll, especially at qb. Even a caveman can figure that out.

You can keep hatin' on kubes when we ALL know that kube's offense is TJ at QB and AJ in sweats on the sidelines. Yep, it's kubes offense.
Having AJ out is HUGE!

In fact ever since he went down again our offense has just been 'good enough'

If that was Schaub out there we win this game, hell we probably beat Carolina as well. Schaub can make his WRs look better. No he may not have run the ball in on Cincy, but the game prbly wouldnt have been close in the first place.

AJ will make the game so much easier for Yates. The first time Yates looked good half of it was because of Andre Johnson just being out there.

But the refs played a huge part in this.

It shouldn't have been close but it was. It was on our defense to make the stop, and they never even had a chance to do so. So yes, I do blame a large part of this game on the refs.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #30
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
injuries are taking thier toll, now the refs are to. be ashamed all u want, and if you are then dont watch the playoffs.

some of you guys sure are fair weather and wont stick up for the team when they get screwed. we got out played last week. this week we didnt play well but didnt get out played we just got f-d.

Foster put up yards, the d played well except for giving up some plays but the were on the field all game because of the refs.

Actually, I think a good amount of people here not screaming "bloody murder" are quite the opposite of "fair weather fans".

The reason being we've witnessed the drastic change between the horrible and mediocre rosters we've thrown out on the field the last few years and the incredible team we've had the pleasure of seeing this season.

And because of what we've seen this year, we know we haven't seen that same great team in the last two games.

The real fans know the real Texans still haven't come back ever since we won the division.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #31
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Something to go past the first down. marker? Perhaps a slant to Walter? A little TE crossing route of some sort?
make that a play action crossing route and I actually like that call...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #32
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

3rd and 1. Got a RB averaging 6+ yards a carry. What do you do?

Kubiak: GOTTA PASS IT HERE TO KEEP THE DEFENSE ON THEIR TOES, OF COURSE!
Old 12-22-2011   #33
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Having AJ out is HUGE!

In fact ever since he went down again our offense has just been 'good enough'

If that was Schaub out there we win this game, hell we probably beat Carolina as well. Schaub can make his WRs look better. No he may not have run the ball in on Cincy, but the game prbly wouldnt have been close in the first place.

AJ will make the game so much easier for Yates. The first time Yates looked good half of it was because of Andre Johnson just being out there.

But the refs played a huge part in this.

It shouldn't have been close but it was. It was on our defense to make the stop, and they never even had a chance to do so. So yes, I do blame a large part of this game on the refs.
This is where I am. We're just missing too many key pieces. In addition to what you pointed out about Schaub and A.J., Briesel's absence made the running game much less effective.

And the refs taking away what should have been legal plays from the defense on that last drive certainly didn't help.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #34
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
make that a play action crossing route and I actually like that call...
Anything is better than what was actually called.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #35
Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

How many passes downfield did we call????? Yeah, AJ is out.....he's been out a bunch this year.....that doesn't mean we don't throw it to the other guys to try an keep the defense honest. Even if we don't hit the passes, we have to run them a few times. How many times did Yates throw tonight...13 or 14? If we were scoring touchdowns instead of field goals maybe that would work....but this is way too conservative. We lost to a 1 - 13 team...that's an embarrassment!!!!!

The referees certainly sucked but we didn't even have to be in this position for it to matter.

If you don't want to put the play calling on Kubiak then who do you want to put it on????
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #36
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who thinks the refs called a fair game, and shouldn't be blamed for this loss, watched a different game than I did!! It was pretty damn obvious we were screwed from the beginning. Someone made a lot of money tonight!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #37
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
How many passes downfield did we call????? Yeah, AJ is out.....he's been out a bunch this year.....that doesn't mean we don't throw it to the other guys to try an keep the defense honest. Even if we don't hit the passes, we have to run them a few times. How many times did Yates throw tonight...13 or 14? If we were scoring touchdowns instead of field goals maybe that would work....but this is way too conservative. We lost to a 1 - 13 team...that's an embarrassment!!!!!

The referees certainly sucked but we didn't even have to be in this position for it to matter.

If you don't want to put the play calling on Kubiak then who do you want to put it on????
Thing is though Jacoby is what he is. And Walter is not a deep threat. The best deep threat we have on this team without 'Dre is our TE OD. Going deep to JJ hardly ever works, so I can understand not going deep.

At least our defense didn't look bad.

It was still stupid to have Kareem on Wayne at any point in the game. I'm all for the whole Kareem has gotten better theory but there is no way that he nor Allen should have been defending Wayne as much as they did...especially on the last play.

Joseph at least jumps for that ball
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #38
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever since Schaub and AJ went down, we're a team of defense and running the ball. Kubiak played to the team's strengths, that's all you can ask for.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #39
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 106329 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
Oh, my post seem to be deleted from before.

Over/under of how many hawt sloots kubiak banged in his life time as Elway back-up/A&M QB?

I say over 50... numbers seems to be high now and days with the players... but 50 seems bout right back then for a star.

Besides, college station is a filthy, filthy place... in a good way.. for men... that aren't foreveralone desk jockeys
It's possible you did what I have done on occasion. Once in a blue moon I hit "preview" instead of "submit" and I thought I posted. Hopefully that offers a possible explanation.
Old 12-22-2011   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I agree. I won't go so far as blaming the coach, but when I go over the game with the guys I won't be spending a lot of time trying to "fix" the penalties.

We're not slinging the ball all over the field & I understand why some don't like that style of football. I don't like that style of football.

But I don't think it's on Gary. The routes were there, I think there were some open receivers, the kid didn't pull the trigger.

I think we'll get there by play-off time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read