Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #61
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's time for Delhomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Wat game were u watching? And delhomme is? Kubes terrible play calling killed us. Only 1 3rd down conversion, that falls on play calling. All 3rd down plays were scripted less than the marker
Wow! You neg rep me for having an opinion?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
This.^^^

We need to find out what we have with Yates.

I would like to see Kubiak put Yates to the test during the Titans game.

Air it out, use his legs.

I'm not expecting a playoff run, too many pieces missing.

If it doesn't look promising with Yates it should affect next years draft.

We have plugged in D players and been successful.

No plug in players for QB WR OL. Punter would be nice also.

I know we all base our opinions on what we would do in these situations. Mine for some reason is usually different than most.

If I'm Kubiak I would do exactly what we are doing. Working on the game plan that gives us the best chance to win. Defense & the running game.

We're not going to beat the Patriots or the Ravens by getting into a shoot out with them. We're going to beat them the way we beat the Steelers, the Falcons, & the Bengals.

Playing defense, & running the ball, taking shots down field when appropriate to stretch the field.

I don't think the last game was about "reigning" Tj in. I think it was about playing smart. We had the lead for 58:04 we put the game in the hands of our defense. It didn't work.

But from here on out, that is our best chance of winning. We need to get better at scoring TDs & not field goals.

We've seen Tj air it out. We've seen Tj throw 40+ times. If that's what we need to do, that's what we're going to do. But we're going to protect the football, & we're going to play smart.

It lost us the game yesterday, not saying anything different. We've got to get better playing that style of football. Trying to be the Saints or the Packers isn't going to win us any football games.
Old 12-23-2011   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Boy, all of these guys that thought our 5th round rookie that could take us deep into the playoffs sure did jump off that bandwagon quick. Lol!
I'm still on it. You're right though, a lot of people jumping off quick... I think I'll move up to the front row.
Old 12-23-2011   #64
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know we all base our opinions on what we would do in these situations. Mine for some reason is usually different than most.

If I'm Kubiak I would do exactly what we are doing. Working on the game plan that gives us the best chance to win. Defense & the running game.

We're not going to beat the Patriots or the Ravens by getting into a shoot out with them. We're going to beat them the way we beat the Steelers, the Falcons, & the Bengals.

Playing defense, & running the ball, taking shots down field when appropriate to stretch the field.

I don't think the last game was about "reigning" Tj in. I think it was about playing smart. We had the lead for 58:04 we put the game in the hands of our defense. It didn't work.

But from here on out, that is our best chance of winning. We need to get better at scoring TDs & not field goals.

We've seen Tj air it out. We've seen Tj throw 40+ times. If that's what we need to do, that's what we're going to do. But we're going to protect the football, & we're going to play smart.

It lost us the game yesterday, not saying anything different. We've got to get better playing that style of football. Trying to be the Saints or the Packers isn't going to win us any football games.
the same game plan that didnt work against the panthers, and the colts ? I would stick with yates, but open it up, especially in the play-offs, do you think it will be even close if we play like we have the last 2 games in the play-offs, we lost 2 the last 2 teams and their combined record at the time was 5 -22.

Kubiak needs to realize that we are not gonna win with these sorry ass game plans that kubiak is putting together.
Old 12-23-2011   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
the same game plan that didnt work against the panthers, and the colts ? I would stick with yates, but open it up, especially in the play-offs, do you think it will be even close if we play like we have the last 2 games in the play-offs, we lost 2 the last 2 teams and their combined record at the time was 5 -22.

Kubiak needs to realize that we are not gonna win with these sorry ass game plans that kubiak is putting together.
It's the same game plan that scored 41 points against the Titans & 17 points against the Steelers. The better we get at it, the better our chances of winning.

The Falcons & Bengals are 17-11 & we beat them with the same game plan.
Old 12-23-2011   #66
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 27227 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
In order to throw a significant number of times you have to sustain drives. Yates couldn't get it done. Never really had any time. The people on the field have to do their damned jobs. Yates was sacked 4 times and was hit on 3 other plays.

Absorb that stat for a moment
...that's 7 pressures/sacks out of only 16 attempts. That's horrifying. Embarrassing!

The damned O-line (I'm looking at you Caldwell and Winston) have to give the boy time to throw. Why dial up a bunch of passes when your O-line is letting your QB get creamed nearly ever other time he tries to drop back?
Because you dial up something other than what your doing by making game-time adjustments on the fly.

#1 - What about putting your QB in shotgun more if they are getting too much pressure up the middle?

#2 - Even better: When Drew Brees is getting too much rush in his grill, I've seen time and again, they start throwing quickly to Sprolles. In our case, it would be Arian Foster. Once the defense gets burned they become more honest.

I'm just talking about adjustments. I have never really seen them in games coached by Kubiak. Bum Phillips even hinted at that last night in the post-game show, but dear ol' Bum backed off early and laughed saying he's not a coach anymore. Bless his heart: Bum would probably do a better job.

I'm pretty sure his kid would, too.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #67
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I used to be a great wide receiver like Andre Johnson, then I took an arrow to the knee.. Then in rehab someone stole my sweetroll..
He had a curved sword....A. CURVED. SWORD.
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2011   #68
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Great post! Wish I could rep you on tapatalk. My thoughts exactly.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #69
Daylight come
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Wow...you know things have gotten bad when things turn into the old Carr debate. I like Yates, but he doesn't force the ball down the field, for whatever reason. How many 20+ yard throws did you see Last night, because I can't recall any. The fact is he is playing essentially dink and dunk and I had enough of that with Carr. Maybe it's Kubiak's fault, but that tell me Kubiak doesn't trust Yates. This offense was so dangerous with Schaub because almost any pass was possible, and certainly the long ball was.

I just hope Andre helps change this because it is ridiculous. We have plenty of solid tight ends who should help out a young qb and they seem to disappear.
Its time!!!!!!! I tried to set up an account right after the Panthers game to call for Delhomme. Yates can not win a playoff game much less a super bowl. You have nothing to lose. Jake wont shy away from big moments. Yes he may very well crash and burn, but he will give you guys a fighting chance. And he will def chuck it up for grabs to the bigger stronger version of steve smith you have.
Daylight come is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #70
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

smh, at this thread...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #71
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylight come View Post
Its time!!!!!!! I tried to set up an account right after the Panthers game to call for Delhomme. Yates can not win a playoff game much less a super bowl. You have nothing to lose. Jake wont shy away from big moments. Yes he may very well crash and burn, but he will give you guys a fighting chance. And he will def chuck it up for grabs to the bigger stronger version of steve smith you have.
Who Jacoby? Cause im pretty sure Yates didnt have a solid deep threat to throw to. Id rather have yates who shows promise then some washed up qb who was available week 9.
Old 12-23-2011   #72
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Delhomme? Jake fother muckin Delhomme?!? Are we talking about the same guy that got benched for Colt McCoy (a guy that is likely a worse QB than TJ Yates)?!? Are we talking about the guy that threw 2 TDs to & 7!!!!! INTs in 5 games the last time he had a starting gig and 8 TDs and 18!!!! INTs the year before that?!? Are we talking about the guy that got run out of Carolina so they could start Matt freaking Moore?!?

Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #73
Daylight come
waterboy

Dude you guys are screwed regardless, at least he has playoff experience. Has any other Texan played in the playoffs or ever won anything?
Daylight come is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #74
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylight come View Post
Dude you guys are screwed regardless, at least he has playoff experience. Has any other Texan played in the playoffs or ever won anything?
If we are screwed regardless, then why the hell should we give someone we already know sucks the opportunity instead of a rookie with some potential?

Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #75
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I say try jeff garcia. Lol hes won some plAyoff games lol
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #76
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now, it really doesn't matter. You're on your 3rd QB, and now we're calling for a 4th, a 5th? (Actually I could use a 5th with the way this season is about to turn out)

I do think that if they're not going to open the playbook for these games that they are losing anyway, and try to give this kid some confidence and experience, then why not go with Delhomme or Garcia? At least they do have some experience. And playoff experience at that. You're not going anywhere with any of them anyway. What the hell difference does it make? Not getting it done with Yates, see what Delhomme has. He doesn't have it, throw Garcia out there.

Yates isn't the future anyway. I mean, if not for injuries, T.J. Yates wouldn't have seen a football field for another 5 years at the very least. So if they're trying to save him from hurting his development/confidence for the future, I think that is just dumb.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #77
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TJ time

Nope.

TJ is a Texan. Delhomme is a journeyman.

This is the hand we're dealt. Yates needs to fast-track his maturation, if he's able to.

Time for more TJ time.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #78
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Boy, all of these guys that thought our 5th round rookie that could take us deep into the playoffs sure did jump off that bandwagon quick. Lol!

I said this from the jump when Yates came in. He's a rookie, and for people to have thought some rookie who just thrown into the fire was going to go in there and take this team deep were kidding themselves.

Unfortunately we're seeing the same Kubiak I remember in his first two seasons when he would give games away and wouldn't even try to be competitive even when he had nothing to lose. The Texans aren't going to do jack in the post season when Kubiak coaches this way. I thought he got over that. Apparently not. That was a disgrace to lose that game last night.
NOT me i still believe he can win us a superbowl. I think Kubiak calling the plays like he is a rookie is what will be our downfall. We have all seen that Yates can make the throws, he does make mistakes, he still has a lot to learn, but i see far ahead of where most rookies are after their 4th start.

Just call the game like you want to win, and not lose and we will go deep into the play-offs. You think the patriots ever slow it down with a 7 point lead hell even with a 20 point lead haha
Old 12-24-2011   #79
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't Schaub just play with a hard cast on or something?

Hey, a hard cast made to fit into one of those hard plastic ski boots! Hell, Schaub might run faster that way! LOL

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #80
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
NOT me i still believe he can win us a superbowl. I think Kubiak calling the plays like he is a rookie is what will be our downfall. We have all seen that Yates can make the throws, he does make mistakes, he still has a lot to learn, but i see far ahead of where most rookies are after their 4th start.

Just call the game like you want to win, and not lose and we will go deep into the play-offs. You think the patriots ever slow it down with a 7 point lead hell even with a 20 point lead haha
I think he did just that. We relied on our run game & our defense the way we should. We had the game won.

They played the way they were going to play, regardless how the game was called. & for the way our offense was out there, I can't imagine a better outcome if we went to the air more often.

They had not been able to score a TD all game long, forcing them to do so with no timeouts from the 80 yard line with Dan Orlovsky was a good bet, we just lost.

Think about how the Chiefs beat the Packers. Who'd have thunk it? But if they can beat the packers playing that style of ball, we can beat the Patriots playing that style of ball.

If the game dictated that we air it out, I have no doubt that we'll air it out.

We threw it on first down, we threw it on second down, we threw it on third down. We picked up 1st downs off big runs, we picked up first downs on passing plays.

I don't think Gary was playing not to lose. He was doing what he thought needed to be done with a rookie QB & an offensive line that was struggling in the passing game.

This is the way we're going to win in the post-season. Anyone thinking we'll win by putting more on Tj's shoulders is doing a little double talking.

They say we can't win with a rookie QB. Then they say we need him to win the games for us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read