Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #41
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's time for Delhomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Look folks, we aren't going very deep in the playoffs anyway considering all that's happened with the injuries. I would rather keep TJ in, if for nothing else than he needs the practice. With the point production down by 10 points a game since Schaub has left, and AJ questionable and a weak WR core, we might not even beat the Titans.

But it's not time for Delhomme. He won't be here next year, or Garcia either. If Schaub does not return, it'll be either Hot Tub or Yates or someone else, but it won't be Delhomme or Garica. Might as well give the playing time to someone who will be here next year.
I can't accept that. You don't use the playoffs to give playing time for the sake of who may or may not be here next year. I deserve nothing less than an all out effort to get to the superbowl. You may be right, in that we don't appear to be team that will go deep in the playoffs, however, there is a saying I have for golf when my buds are debating the pending weather forecast in terms of the likeliness of rain: "Don't let it scare you off the course, make it rain you off the course". Doesn't always translate to a round of golf, but I will say I've played more than couple of rounds where the weather held up for me, while my buds were at home.

I fully anticipate Houston getting rained out, but certainly go with which QB gives you the best chance.

Which QB gives us our best playoff chances? I don't know if the answer it Delhomme, Garcia or Yates. Never seeing the Jake or Jeff I'd like in years, and the fact TJ is still out on the field.. I would imagine it's TJ.

I miss Schaub :-(
Old 12-23-2011   #42
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6114 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i've got no problem blaming yates. a 5 yard completion looks great when the stat line doesnt take into account it being 3rd and 8. and this blame conservative kubiak stuff is nonsense. foster's averaging 10 yards a pop but tate is having a terrible game ... your QB needs to convert some of these 3rd downs if the offense is going to have a chance and to give foster more carries and find the endzone.

our offense is obviously a qb friendly system. the receivers and blocking have a simple execution setup, it's up to the quarterback to know without looking where the receivers are and identify the coverage. yates isnt there yet. he's still trying to find his receivers and isnt seeing the coverage nor feeling the pocket.

i'll start with the pocket. he has great movement within it ... when he's taking a 7 step play-action. he two-steps a 3 step drop (2 sacks being a jersey grab because he shorted his quick drop) and slides on a 5. footwork in general needs a lot of work. his plant is either early or late and he isnt in rhythm very often.

coverage is the real issue though ... he doesnt see it. we run mostly vertical and split progressions. yates isnt just staring down his primary, he's attempting to locate it. to speed things up kubiak is trying to give him easier first reads which yates is keying on and just not quick enough yet to locate others. this is why schaub can noodle arm and slowest bootleg ever to 4000 yards ... he knows the system and can A-B-C-dump with his eyes closed. yates needs more practice time throwing to a spot while identifying coverage.

i think yates is going to be pretty good for the texans, that opinion hasnt changed, but he's not ready unless we want to make a reckless gunslinger out of him (which would be an upgrade). if we're going to go with a game manager, someone who knows the game and can get us wins in the playoffs, i'd much rather see garcia or delhomme.

yes i'm drunk.
Repped!!! I think we all know Yates needs experience. He's behind the curve with a shortened camp and he was the 3rd or 4th string when camp started til Dan O left. I think we have been caught up as fans b/c we've made the playoffs, won the division and justifiably wanting much more. In reality Yates needs way more time to run this offense. I do believe Kubiak dials down the offense later in the games if he sees us struggling...its not about stats as some of us think, its based on the how the offense is playing and the game is flowing. I think after the season is done, Yates gives us a reason to dump Leinart but I don't think he will be the eventual replacement for Schaub. But if he becomes that then so be it.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #43
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates looked like a rookie, third string, fifth round QB last night, and the Panthers game. He started off great, but I think he's lost his mojo.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Start SAGE!

Old 12-23-2011   #45
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Start SAGE!

To hell with that! Bring back Ragone!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #46
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot expect Delhomme to make a difference. We are in a bad spot right now, but let's not forget that we are a 10 win team heading toward a home game in the playoffs. We have time to get players healthy, watch tape and work on timing.

I have waited too long for a playoff game to ***** and moan about a team that has been winning with duct tape.
Old 12-23-2011   #47
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Look folks, we aren't going very deep in the playoffs anyway considering all that's happened with the injuries. I would rather keep TJ in, if for nothing else than he needs the practice. With the point production down by 10 points a game since Schaub has left, and AJ questionable and a weak WR core, we might not even beat the Titans.

But it's not time for Delhomme. He won't be here next year, or Garcia either. If Schaub does not return, it'll be either Hot Tub or Yates or someone else, but it won't be Delhomme or Garica. Might as well give the playing time to someone who will be here next year.

This.^^^

We need to find out what we have with Yates.

I would like to see Kubiak put Yates to the test during the Titans game.

Air it out, use his legs.

I'm not expecting a playoff run, too many pieces missing.

If it doesn't look promising with Yates it should affect next years draft.

We have plugged in D players and been successful.

No plug in players for QB WR OL. Punter would be nice also.

Old 12-23-2011   #48
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99154 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy, all of these guys that thought our 5th round rookie that could take us deep into the playoffs sure did jump off that bandwagon quick. Lol!

I said this from the jump when Yates came in. He's a rookie, and for people to have thought some rookie who just thrown into the fire was going to go in there and take this team deep were kidding themselves.

Unfortunately we're seeing the same Kubiak I remember in his first two seasons when he would give games away and wouldn't even try to be competitive even when he had nothing to lose. The Texans aren't going to do jack in the post season when Kubiak coaches this way. I thought he got over that. Apparently not. That was a disgrace to lose that game last night.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #49
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I used to be a great wide receiver like Andre Johnson, then I took an arrow to the knee.. Then in rehab someone stole my sweetroll..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsOnParade View Post
Keep Yates. Pray for Andre.
I'd love to rep you..... but can't do it because of the screen name.
Old 12-23-2011   #51
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajoker View Post
3rd down efficiency was terrible. Yates may be the future but right now he's not getting it done. Thanks for the comeback win for the division but I think it's time we gave Jake some playing time.
Careful what you ask for....even though I do agree with you that Yates seems to be overwhelmed and anxious at times.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #52
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Yates looked like a rookie, third string, fifth round QB last night, and the Panthers game. He started off great, but I think he's lost his mojo.
I think Yates and the Texans may need to stop listening to 610 and stop reading the Houston Chronicle..lol
Old 12-23-2011   #53
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone loves the backup QB.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #54
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Bringing in Delhomme isn't going to solve anything (did anybody watch the Browns play last season?). Yates wasn't even the problem last night, the head coach was. The problem is we have a sissy head coach who coaches scared. He's too scared to even watch his team kick field goals and he's too scared to take chances when we're playing against other sub par teams.

When we played against Atlanta and Cincy, he knew Yates had to make plays and he called plays to allow him to. When we played against the Jags, Carolina, and now Indy...the coward thought he could just cruise to a win with good defense and he slapped the cuffs on. He's a coward and I'm sorry, but there's nothing that Delhomme could've done to make any difference last night.

Gary Kubiak needs to pull his head out of his ass and without his security blanket (Wade Phillips) we look just as incompetent as last season so who really is the HC here? As far as I'm concerned if Wade Phillips wants a HCing job...he can have one, it just needs to be here. Hell I even heard the "it's on me" line in the post game interview.....the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #55
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Boy, all of these guys that thought our 5th round rookie that could take us deep into the playoffs sure did jump off that bandwagon quick. Lol!

I said this from the jump when Yates came in. He's a rookie, and for people to have thought some rookie who just thrown into the fire was going to go in there and take this team deep were kidding themselves.

Unfortunately we're seeing the same Kubiak I remember in his first two seasons when he would give games away and wouldn't even try to be competitive even when he had nothing to lose. The Texans aren't going to do jack in the post season when Kubiak coaches this way. I thought he got over that. Apparently not. That was a disgrace to lose that game last night.
I guess the bandwagon fans thought that Yates would be our Tom Brady but I Brady did sit his whole played one game his rookie year and had a year to check out the scene if I recall.
Old 12-23-2011   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Everyone loves the backup QB.
Everybody also loves to blame the QB, what happened last night wasn't a QB issue. I can list 3 different factors that cost us the game before I get to the QB.

Offensive line
Gary "turtle di&%" Kubiak (playcalling)
and
the worst officiated game I've ever seen.
Old 12-23-2011   #57
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99154 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I guess the bandwagon fans thought that Yates would be our Tom Brady but I Brady did sit his whole played one game his rookie year and had a year to check out the scene if I recall.
Yates and Tom Brady's name should never have even been mentioned in the same sentence.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #58
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Everybody also loves to blame the QB, what happened last night wasn't a QB issue. I can list 3 different factors that cost us the game before I get to the QB.

Offensive line
Gary "turtle di&%" Kubiak (playcalling)
and
the worst officiated game I've ever seen.
Winston dropped out of pass-blocking school and Caldwell is a drop-off from Breisel.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Winston dropped out of pass-blocking school and Caldwell is a drop-off from Breisel.
Winston can't block speed rushers...it's consistently been proven time and time again. He gets his ass handed to him on a platter every time we play the Colts and other speed rushers.
Old 12-23-2011   #60
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
In order to throw a significant number of times you have to sustain drives. Yates couldn't get it done. Never really had any time. The people on the field have to do their damned jobs. Yates was sacked 4 times and was hit on 3 other plays.

Absorb that stat for a moment
...that's 7 pressures/sacks out of only 16 attempts. That's horrifying. Embarrassing!

The damned O-line (I'm looking at you Caldwell and Winston) have to give the boy time to throw. Why dial up a bunch of passes when your O-line is letting your QB get creamed nearly ever other time he tries to drop back?
you do realize its only counted as an attempt if he throws the ball, so he was sacked 4 times on 20 pass attempts "in your terms"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read