Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2011   #121
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 37744 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Complete total ass rape by the officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
There are bad calls in every football game, but sorry I've seen calls way worse than what I witnessed last night.

To say the game was fixed in a meaningless game between two teams the NFL doesn't give a **** about is retarded. Hell, the media doesn't even pay attention to the Texans and they could give a crap about the Colts when Manning isn't out there. You play not to lose and keep it a super close game all the way to the end of the 4th quarter, and yeah any call from the officials can change things dramatically, but you shouldn't be there in the first place against an Orvlosky led Colts. If you can't put away an Orvlosky led Colts a lot easier than that, then you deserve to lose. Obviously Wade being out was a huge factor as well since the Texans can't even beat the Panthers or the Colts. Kubiak lost that game.

If anything this loss is a good thing in my eyes. It woke these bat **** crazy fans up that thought that Yates was capable of taking the Texans to the SB when he's a rookie tossed into the fire. It woke fans back up to the fact that Kubiak can't coach worth a damn without a guy like Wade Phillips on his side. And hopefully it will wake this team up going into the post season to where they'll play with a lot more intensity and heart going forward. Obviously the Texans bought into their own hype.

But blaming the refs and the NFL and saying the game was fixed is just weak. We lost.
If you can't see what the league would have to gain from "fixing" this game, then I don't know what to tell you. If the Colts win out, it is almost a guarantee they can't draft Andrew Luck. Peyton has already said he doesn't want to play with Luck and would basically demand a trade if the Colts draft Luck. But if the Colts get the #1 pick, they are nuts if they don't draft Luck. And we all know Peyton is the darling of the NFL.

So basically, the Colts beating the Texans in an otherwise meaningless game almost eliminates the possibility of a QB controversy in Indy.

It comes down to this: if Indy wins in Week 17 and there are more questionable calls, then I think we can say with just about 100% certainty that it was a conspiracy. Oh and to top it all off if Minnesota ends up with the first pick and gets Luck, well that benefits the NFL in a huge way if the Vikings end up being the team that moves to LA.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #122
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 4293 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Complete total a** rape by the officials

Minny just drafted Ponder; why would they want Luck? I don't recall Ponder being as bad as Gabbert, but am I missing something?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #123
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 37744 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Minny just drafted Ponder; why would they want Luck? I don't recall Ponder being as bad as Gabbert, but am I missing something?
Ponder flat out does not have near the potential as Luck. Whether or not Luck will reach his full potential no one knows but Ponder's ceiling is Tony Romo. Luck's ceiling is Aaron Rodgers. When you have a chance to draft Aaron Rodgers to replace Tony Romo, I'd say you do so 100 times out of 100. Not to mention you are going to get more fans in the building to see Luck just based off the hype than you ever would get to see Ponder. They could then trade Ponder for possibly a first round pick or at worst a second rounder.
Old 12-28-2011   #124
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
If you can't see what the league would have to gain from "fixing" this game, then I don't know what to tell you. If the Colts win out, it is almost a guarantee they can't draft Andrew Luck. Peyton has already said he doesn't want to play with Luck and would basically demand a trade if the Colts draft Luck. But if the Colts get the #1 pick, they are nuts if they don't draft Luck. And we all know Peyton is the darling of the NFL.
Even if the Colts end up second to the Rams, Luck will be there.

Unless there's a trade & yada, yada, yada.....

The league didn't have a problem with Montana going to KC, or Emmit going to Arizona.... Reggie White going to Greenbay, Farve going to the Jets, then Minnesota.

I don't think "the league" would fix a game to keep Manning in Baltimore.
Old 12-28-2011   #125
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

The league didn't have a problem with Montana going to KC, or Emmit going to Arizona.... Reggie White going to Greenbay, Farve going to the Jets, then Minnesota.

I think you underestimate the league's love of Peyton Manning. He is their poster boy. There was nothing the league could do to stop Favre from going to the Jets. San Fran was done with Montana no matter how much the league protested. The same goes for Emmit. I don't remember White's situation for why he left but once again, it was a situation where there was nothing the powers that be could do. But there is something they can do in this situation: keep Indy from getting the #1 pick. Just like in the case of Minny, I'm not sold that if the Rams get the #1 pick, that they won't draft Luck and trade Bradford. With his inability to stay healthy, they might consider parting with him to get the next great QB.

Anyway, this isn't a thread about Luck. I say we wait and see, as I stated above, what happens this weekend.
Old 12-28-2011   #126
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Do my eyes deceive me or is your age showing?

I sometimes refer to the Colts as "Baltimore" too. Not sure why because they've been moved for as long as any recent carpet-bagger franchise out there. I never call the Cardinals "St Louis" or the Rams "LA" but the Colts still feel like Baltimore to me sometimes.
Old 12-29-2011   #127
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes, I still call them the St. Louis Cardinals.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2011   #128
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

soo.... have the Texans gotten a response back from the league on the 6-7 plays the Texans sent in to them?

Not that it matters, I am just curious on the response (yeah, I know if the officials were wrong, they league would say "oops")

that was dec 23rd.

Quote:
“Eleven penalties, obviously I don’t agree with all of them, but that’s neither here nor there,” Kubiak said. “Our job’s to keep playing and play through mistakes and play through issues. We had our chances to do that, and we didn’t do it. We’ll turn them into the league. We got to make sure we’re on the same page because a few of those we just don’t understand why they were roughing calls.

"I’ll wait to hear back from the league and we’ll make sure we address it as a group and players take responsibility for it and coaches and move forward.”
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #129
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

When was the last time you heard the NFL come out and say the officials blew a penalty call? Especially any penalty designed to prevent injuries.
Old 12-29-2011   #130
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
When was the last time you heard the NFL come out and say the officials blew a penalty call? Especially any penalty designed to prevent injuries.
About 20 posts ago (check out post #110 of this thread).
Old 12-30-2011   #131
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1192 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post

So basically, the Colts beating the Texans in an otherwise meaningless game almost eliminates the possibility of a QB controversy in Indy.

It comes down to this: if Indy wins in Week 17 and there are more questionable calls, then I think we can say with just about 100% certainty that it was a conspiracy. Oh and to top it all off if Minnesota ends up with the first pick and gets Luck, well that benefits the NFL in a huge way if the Vikings end up being the team that moves to LA.
My first irrational thought was the same as yours but then as always I ask myself what does each party have to gain/lose. The gain to the league collectively from the above scenario is minimal to average and a ref scandal of any variety would DESTROY the league for YEARS(billions lost vs millions gained). Not a chance, this is just a case of stupid ass reffing.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #132
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If anything, the NFL would WANT the Colts to end up with Luck, because if he pans out, then a small market team would have multiple more years of relevance after arguably the best QB of all-time retires.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #133
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sorry Doc, MSR!! That's hilarious!!
I got him for ya.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read