Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2011   #41
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Complete total ass rape by the officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
There is no way that was simply awful officiating. The refs were shady. I doubt it was an order from the NFL or something though
You know, everyone wanted to write off anything that NBA ref said when he wrote his tell-all book, but he flat out said the NBA ordered that the refs influence games. That's the NBA, of course, and I think we've all seen how they officiate different players differently. But I don't think it's crazy to consider that something like that could happen in the NFL. As far as officiating different players differently, they've just written that into the rule book now. If Watt roughed the passer, then officiating is dead in the NFL.

It may take a number of years of this type of blatant cheating, but I can stop watching the NFL the same way I've stopped watching the NBA, MLB, and NCAA football. There's always fishing on Sundays.
Old 12-22-2011   #42
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
On a slightly different note.

Why does it feel like every time Watt touches the opposing QB it's a roughing call?

Is there some stat on this? I'm sure he has like 5 of them this year and none of them justified.
Part of it is because he is very, very good at going low. It's almost like he was coached to do it or something. Why in the hell you'd teach a player to go low in football is beyond me. It's almost like these coaches haven't been watching NFL officiating.

/sarcasm, of course
Old 12-22-2011   #43
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I realize that most of you won't agree with me but I really do believe I just watched a fixed game. I'm convinced of it and I feel like throwing up right now. I think we just saw the NFL through officiating hand a competitive advantage to the Colts to keep the prime-time game interesting.

The NFL for years has been morphing into something I have a hard time accepting as the same sport I watched as a kid. Tonight I realized that I'm watching something about as legitimate as the WWE.
I agree as well!
There was a moment when Dan O completed a first down pass to Wayne I think and you could see a CLEAR AS DAY hold on JJ Watt! But of course since it would have gone against the colts, THE REFS DIDNT ******* CALL IT!!!

My friend texted me after the game. He said we were going to go one and done. I said yup, we will. Even if we play well enough to win, then the refs will screw us over to where we lose!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #44
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I'm going to put a lot of this on the inept offense and curious play calling. But you have to put that entire game winning drive on the officials. You just have to.

Doing this from memory but all of these are questionable calls.

1. Roughing the passer in the first half. "Helmet to helmet"
- How in the world are we supposed to avoid this? Orlovsky ducks his head down to waist level, with JJ already in tackle mode.

2. Illegal use of the hands by JJ Watt on the OL.
- How many times is this a no call? 95 percent of the time, I'd say. He just grazed the facemask.

3. Roughing the passer, final drive.
- JJ Watt being pushed down by lineman, and falls on Orlovsky's leg. WHAT.

4. Pass interference by Quin at the 1.
- Ball was at the 6. We are free to do anything to the receiver inside 5 yards. How in the world is this called?
____

So in all 3 crucial penalties that would have been no-calls in any other game. That entire drive, save for the great 30 yard catch by Wayne was given to the Colts by the refs. That said, we need to really do something with this offense. Timid QB + no WR that can stretch the field + 2nd string RG starting for Brisel = recipe for disaster. We need AJ back in the worst way. Is it too late to call up T.O. before the playoffs?
Old 12-22-2011   #45
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That's all I have to say.
That's all you have to say? Good.

Then we are the winners tonight.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #46
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Totally agree. Worst officiating I've ever witnessed.
On a level that warrants some kind of investigation.
I was thinking the same thing when it was over. I feel like throwing up. Someone should write a letter.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #47
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I'm going to put a lot of this on the inept offense and curious play calling. But you have to put that entire game winning drive on the officials. You just have to.

- How in the world are we supposed to avoid this? Orlovsky ducks his head down to waist level, with JJ already in tackle mode.

- How many times is this a no call? 95 percent of the time, I'd say. He just grazed the facemask.

- Ball was at the 6. We are free to do anything to the receiver inside 5 yards. How in the world is this called?

____

So in all 3 crucial penalties that would have been no-calls in any other game. That entire drive, save for the great 30 yard catch by Wayne was given to the Colts by the refs. That said, we need to really do something with this offense. Timid QB + no WR that can stretch the field + 2nd string RG starting for Brisel = recipe for disaster. We need AJ back in the worst way. Is it too late to call up T.O. before the playoffs?
Actually, the ball was placed at the 1.5 yard line.
Old 12-22-2011   #48
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Actually, the ball was placed at the 1.5 yard line.
Old 12-22-2011   #49
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
LOL, just trying to help.
Old 12-22-2011   #50
Proudtexan25
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25 Proudtexan25

Quote:

____

you forgot the missed offensive pass interference, I forgot when this happened, but it was blatantly obvious
Proudtexan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #51
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10083 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I was thinking the same thing when it was over. I feel like throwing up. Someone should write a letter.
Letter my backside. Class action lawsuit!

Fitzpatrick is legit.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #52
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudtexan25 View Post
you forgot the missed offensive pass interference, I forgot when this happened, but it was blatantly obvious
Oh right. That could have been a pick right there. The ref was staring right at it and didn't call it.
Old 12-22-2011   #53
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 35494 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
And YET, it still took the David Stern-like officiating to give the W for the colts.
This kind of officiating is exactly why I do not watch the NBA anymore. The NFL is getting there fast.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #54
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
You know, everyone wanted to write off anything that NBA ref said when he wrote his tell-all book, but he flat out said the NBA ordered that the refs influence games. That's the NBA, of course, and I think we've all seen how they officiate different players differently. But I don't think it's crazy to consider that something like that could happen in the NFL. As far as officiating different players differently, they've just written that into the rule book now. If Watt roughed the passer, then officiating is dead in the NFL.

It may take a number of years of this type of blatant cheating, but I can stop watching the NFL the same way I've stopped watching the NBA, MLB, and NCAA football. There's always fishing on Sundays.
There's bad officiating and then there's officiating you just get a shady feeling about when watching. I got that feeling when my Suns were dicked in Game 3 against the Spurs in 07 and the infamous Lakers/Kings Game 6. Sure enough both games came out to be corrupted.

I got the same feeling watching this one. What's the angle though?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That's all I have to say.
Gary without Wade = 0-2
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #56
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Stop complaining about the refs. We should have put that game away in the first half, against such a pitiful mediocre team like that. Playcalling and red zone fails undermined our opportunity to win that game. FACT.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #57
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Its official, The NFL hates the Texans & wanted to give the pats the 1st seed.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #58
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
There's bad officiating and then there's officiating you just get a shady feeling about when watching. I got that feeling when my Suns were dicked in Game 3 against the Spurs in 07 and the infamous Lakers/Kings Game 6. Sure enough both games came out to be corrupted.

Keep eyes glued to the set. Networks don't want blowouts, because viewers tune out. If that's CBS, Fox, NBC, or ESPN, they can try and influence the NFL to give them a better product, but one side has to bribe the other, in some form or fashion. But what if the network is run by the product itself, and stands to lose or gain viewers directly?
Old 12-22-2011   #59
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:

Keep the Colts away from Luck. What media outlet likes reporting about the happenings in Indianapolis?
Old 12-22-2011   #60
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Gary without Wade = 0-2
Pretty much this. If Wade leaves at least we might know where we stand with Reggie. All out blitz when we were getting pressure with 4 or 5 the entire final Colts drive, I don't get it.

Yes the Ref's gave the Colts a huge advantage, but if we were able to do what we do on offense with Schaub and AJ (i.e. hanging 30-40 on the colts) then this would be a moot point. I hope that Kubes not only completely opens the playbook for Yates next week and actually encourages taking shots downfield so he can work on his vision and progressions. We need some big plays through the air to do well in the playoffs. All that being said, what a turd of a game.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read