Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2011   #21
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Complete total ass rape by the officials

Yes the team played down to the competition again, but to think the refs did not have an effect on the game is pure denial. If Caldwell would have lost that game with the help he had from shitty calls against Houston, he should have been fired on the spot.
Old 12-22-2011   #22
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yeah, there were some questionable calls, no doubt, but you can't ignore Kubiak's sheer panic at not having any confidence in his defense with Wade out and being conservative with his game plan.

This was point-blank embarrassing.

Glad my ass don't have to go to work tomorrow.
penalties on one drive?????r u serious???? there was shit calls on every drive on both sides of the ball. dont be afraid to call out the refs. we have enough going against us we dont need 7 a holes in stripes f'ing us every chance they get......
Old 12-22-2011   #23
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
This just solidifies that no one will take us serious in the playoffs...and there really isnt a reason to either. The phantom penalties were such bullshit but we shouldnt have been in this position in this game to begin with. Way to go from the 1st seed in the AFC to looking liking a complete joke.
Look. We were in that position though. Those penalties were inexcusable and the defense is gonna get beat up if our shitty ass, banged up offense can't stay on the field.

I'm sick of hearing this "we should have never been in the position to begin with" shit when it comes to sports. Tough shit, we were.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #24
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Dont pass the blame. Its all on kubiak AGAIN not having his team ready and his back to craptastic playcalling.

He secured his job with a playoff spot and now its the same old, same old.
Oh Bullsh-t. Kubiak called a bad game, he has a rookie 3rd string QB, no #1WR, numerous injuries, and a back up D Coordinator he didnt need 15 shit calls.
Old 12-22-2011   #25
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
penalties on one drive?????r u serious???? there was shit calls on every drive on both sides of the ball. dont be afraid to call out the refs. we have enough going against us we dont need 7 a holes in stripes f'ing us every chance they get......
Fair, there were other penalties on other drives, but we also had more than our fair share of opportunities to put this team away. Don't also be afraid to call this team out when they don't play like how we all know they're capable of.

We're fighting for a first round bye, and the Colts are racing for Luck, we should have been able to handle the Colts + refs and not have it come down to one score on the final drive.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #26
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
this is the WORSE loss in history.....best chance EVER to win at INDY and we fail miserably.....how the **** did they not double Wayne, I knew they were throwing to him and YOU knew they were throwing to him, yet we single him with JACKSON....fml
They had Allen and Kareem on Wayne for the ENTIRE game. I have no idea why they did this, but that's what they did.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #27
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

The refs didn't rape as much as the playcalling did. Protecting Yates is what the talking heads claimed the run heavy attack was. I don't get the concept. If you can't let TJ throw the ball more than ten times in a game then he will only get better at handoffs.

I'd love to ask Kubiak what he's scared of. Let the kid play for crying out loud.
Old 12-22-2011   #28
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did I excuse the refs? No, I did not. I clearly said that yes, the refs screwed us, but Kubiak also made massive mistakes with this game.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #29
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh Bullsh-t. Kubiak called a bad game, he has a rookie 3rd string QB, no #1WR, numerous injuries, and a back up D Coordinator he didnt need 15 shit calls.
Did kubiak take any chances? NO! Championship coaches take some risks he has shown me NOTHING the past few weeks.

He has reverted back to his old self now that he secured his job saving playoff spot.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #30
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Dont pass the blame. Its all on kubiak AGAIN not having his team ready and his back to craptastic playcalling.

He secured his job with a playoff spot and now its the same old, same old.
If you wanna blame anyone, blame Reggie ! That dude sux as a dc PERIOD
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #31
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 348 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Refs sucked, no doubt. But a prevent defense on the final drive. Wade-less effort. And 16 points against this dog-assed Colts team is ridiculous.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I realize that most of you won't agree with me but I really do believe I just watched a fixed game. I'm convinced of it and I feel like throwing up right now. I think we just saw the NFL through officiating hand a competitive advantage to the Colts to keep the prime-time game interesting.

The NFL for years has been morphing into something I have a hard time accepting as the same sport I watched as a kid. Tonight I realized that I'm watching something about as legitimate as the WWE.
Old 12-22-2011   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I realize that most of you won't agree with me but I really do believe I just watched a fixed game. I'm convinced of it and I feel like throwing up right now. I think we just saw the NFL through officiating hand a competitive advantage to the Colts to keep the prime-time game interesting.

The NFL for years has been morphing into something I have a hard time accepting as the same sport I watched as a kid. Tonight I realized that I'm watching something about as legitimate as the WWE.
I agree.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #34
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Y'know a friend once told me that primetime games are usually close because the refs make sure it is so. Sometimes with games like this you gotta wonder what went on out there, too many drive saving calls for the Colts.
Old 12-22-2011   #35
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

I think "fixed" might be a strong word, but it sure as hell feels like the refs had marching orders to give the edge to the Colts.
Old 12-22-2011   #36
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There is no way that was simply awful officiating. The refs were shady. I doubt it was an order from the NFL or something though
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #37
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Totally agree. Worst officiating I've ever witnessed.
On a level that warrants some kind of investigation.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #38
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Totally agree. Worst officiating I've ever witnessed.
On a level that warrants some kind of investigation.

But there won't be because its the Texans and they know that.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #39
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

On a slightly different note.

Why does it feel like every time Watt touches the opposing QB it's a roughing call?

Is there some stat on this? I'm sure he has like 5 of them this year and none of them justified.
Old 12-22-2011   #40
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 26703 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say it again, the NFL didn't want Indy to get the first pick and take Luck. Peyton is one of their media darlings and the shitstorm that would have created would have been bad press for the league.

I believe the NFL threw this game to attempt to avoid Indy getting the first pick. Thereby keeping Manning with the Colts and having Luck go somewhere else.

Manning is the NFL version of the 90's NBA Jordan.

And, just like the NBA, they have no problems putting the fix in when it helps the league..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read