Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #21
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1 and done

The mere fact that this team is competing at all is amazing when you step back and look at it.

Just look at the teams that have had to use 2nd string QBs, let alone 3rd string QBs....it is not pretty.

Colts, Vikings, Bears, KC, Rams, etc.....
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #22
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 77453 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is too many people think expectations are an exact science......when we start winning and beat teams who are good we EXPECT to win vs bad teams, but when we lose it sends the message that we're terrible. How can you expect to win vs good teams 3 weeks in a row, if you cannot beat 2 bad teams, not even one of them...? Sure 10-6 would have been nice week 1, but 11-5 or 12-4 became the expectation after we won out during our tough part of the schedule.....
Old 12-24-2011   #23
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
So because I was expeditionary Navy the since 2001 and just recently have enough time to give 2 meaty shi.ts about posting on a message board I'm a fair weather fan? Trust me, I'm born and raised in this city and support my team through thick and thin. We have glaring issues though and we're one and done. Face it.

Nate
Good for you dude. It's really more of the attitude around here that I can't believe. I thought it was pretty dumb hearing how TJ Yates was going to take us to the superbowl and take Matt's job now two games later all I see is this shit. At least the other was postitive.

Were not going to win the superbowl. After Matt went down that chance was over. We are a playoff team however and seeing you give up because were having a little problem getting our 3rd string 5th round qb up to speed then I figured you for a fair wether fan. We can beat the jets and depending on who we play in the second round we may have a chance in that game as well. I'm still hoping for the afc championship game. I think basketball season is starting for those of you who have lost hope.
Old 12-24-2011   #24
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Were 10 and 5. We will get a home playoff game. You guys need to relax a little.
haha look at most of the join dates

dec 2011
dec 2011

thats the thing with bandwagons. couple losses and.......
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If soomeone said in preseason we would go 10-6 and have a home playoff game most people would be ecstatic. Needs to be put into perspective a little.
I'm going with this. While I do think the Texans will probably be one and done in the playoffs, I'm going to enjoy just being there anyway. There are a lot of teams that will be watching from home that first weekend, and we used to be one of them for many years. But not this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #26
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
haha look at most of the join dates

dec 2011
dec 2011

thats the thing with bandwagons. couple losses and.......
Your reading comprehension is floundering I see.
Old 12-24-2011   #27
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your reading comprehension is floundering I see.
nah just didnt bother reading it all before posting. nice to see you're defensive about it though...wonder why
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2011   #28
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 159304 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hah. You guys remind me how I love baseball. Baseball fans are 10 times more knowledgeble about "our" sport. Football fans know little about football, just front office bullshit.
Old 12-24-2011   #29
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Aj will come back and Kubes will still avoid going downfield.
What's your reasoning for this comment? Did you not see the Falcons game? AJ = 4 catches for 97 yrds (and he didn't even play the whole game). I don't think that's avoiding going downfield.

AJ changes everything!

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #30
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarCushPoll View Post
What's your reasoning for this comment? Did you not see the Falcons game? AJ = 4 catches for 97 yrds (and he didn't even play the whole game). I don't think that's avoiding going downfield.

AJ changes everything!
Indeed. I'm really hoping the jets have a meltdown today so that we don't have to see Revis in the playoffs. Pretty much negates a mostly healthy Andre Johnson. Last year, 4 catches for 32 yards against Revis. And that was with Schaub throwing.
Old 12-24-2011   #31
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Indeed. I'm really hoping the jets have a meltdown today so that we don't have to see Revis in the playoffs. Pretty much negates a mostly healthy Andre Johnson. Last year, 4 catches for 32 yards against Revis. And that was with Schaub throwing.
I'm not worried about playing the Jets at home. With AJ, even Revis has to have safety help over the top. Yes, he only had 4 catches the last time they played but his presence alone opened it up for everyone else. We put up 27 on them at their place last year and their defense isn't as good this year.

As long as we get AJ and Wade back healthy this week, we'll be fine.

GO TEXANS!

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #32
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I generally tend to avoid the football side of the forums for a few days after a win or a loss to take in the overall feel of the board, let the people who say we are going to win the Superbowl or lose out the rest of our games get done posting, and let the game sink in while I rewatch it but unfortunately this thread is just drawing me in.

It's like this board is going through menopause with wild mood swings with fevers and chills because we lost to two teams that we should have beat. That being said I don't really think most people here see the pattern emerging. After we clinched the playoffs our offense fell off the map, we stopped moving the ball, we stopped stretching the field, and you really can't game plan for our run game to suck since that is impossible with as talented as Foster is. Trust me it isn't accidental, its strategical, Kubiak is purposefully not showing his hand the last few weeks before we go to the playoffs so we can come out with a bunch of plays that no team has seen in several weeks.

Anyways I am not going to sit here and say we are going to the playoffs, or that TJ is playing great or that our offensive line is doing a good job against the pass rush, but we are seeing a very limited amount of play calling on offense right now. I am just looking forward to all these gloom and doomers who were all on the bandwagon a few weeks ago looking dumb in a few weeks yet again.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what's going to happen, but I will say that we can only expect so much from a team that's had these particular injuries, especially regarding us having our originally 3rd string QB going into the playoffs. Yes, we can hope for lightning in a bottle and all that, but chances are this is just not our year. I won't try and tell a bunch of people not to gripe and raise Hell over it, because that's what message boards are for and we all want to win in the playoffs REALLY bad. I won't say it's not a frustrating, crying shame either, because it is. Next year, maybe Wade's gone, I don't now. Maybe Cushing actually gets injured and isn't himself for nearly 2 years like Ryans did. Then again, maybe next year we dominate and this was just a warm up. Gotta take some things in stride.

Haven't changed my mind about officiating so horrible people should be sent looking for applications at all the local fast food chains. That's one thing I'm not feeling forgiving about; well, not yet anyway. And send that douche NFL president with them.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
The problem is too many people think expectations are an exact science......when we start winning and beat teams who are good we EXPECT to win vs bad teams, but when we lose it sends the message that we're terrible. How can you expect to win vs good teams 3 weeks in a row, if you cannot beat 2 bad teams, not even one of them...? Sure 10-6 would have been nice week 1, but 11-5 or 12-4 became the expectation after we won out during our tough part of the schedule.....
I understand this argument. But, the offense did enough to win & Kubiak's decision to get the field goal & put the #2 defense on the field was the right decision. Just didn't work out that way.

Doesn't mean we're one & done. That was the best I've seen our run game in the last month. Best I've seen without Andre.

JJ Watt is a beast, a super star just waiting to be exposed in the post-season.

There were some good things to take away from this game.

We are not a dominating team like many want to believe we are but we're good enough to win a game or two. We're going to need a lot of luck, but luck don't help you none if you've already given up.
Old 12-24-2011   #35
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I really like the first 3 or 4 plays.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I think you may be on to something here.
Expectations have been all over the place.
Given the ups and downs of this season I guess that's to be ex.. umm... I mean I guess that's normal.

I'm not ready to give up on our kids just yet. If anything that hijacking by the refs last week should make them play that much harder.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #37
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Get in or get out thread part 2 coming...
ThaShark316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #38
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I say we take things a week at a time and see how we look against the Titans...
I see what you did there:

Titans give Colts first win, We laugh
Next week we hand Colts win 2, They laugh
We play the Titans the following week...
Who laughs last?
Old 12-24-2011   #39
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And that's all that needs to be said.
Um, no.

What needs to be said is the Texans are going to be playing a meaningful football game in January. Rather than playing for draft position, the team will be in the playoffs for the first time in history. Whether the team wins the game or not, it is exciting to have a team to cheer for in the playoffs.

At the end of the day there is 1 winner and 31 losers in the NFL. What needs to be said is that the Texans are not one of the losers in November.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #40
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 13881 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

So should we just call Goodell and tell him we give up our spot in the playoffs to a more "deserving" team? Some of you guys are real huge pessimist. We are in the playoffs. And we have seen what this team can do whenever they play their hearts out. 1 and done my arse.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read