Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #41
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 35 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watts roughing the passer

I just don't understand why flags are being thrown so easily now? How the heck is that SACK called a roughing the passer eh?
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #42
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
Boger is the ref that high fived VY during the MNF game a couple years back against us. Think he was biased in that game?
Did not realize it was the same guy. THAT needs to be looked into. May just be an apperance thing, but there are too many items where this guy is involved with us. Looks more than a little suspicious when it happens in a pattern fashion in one game and but then it happens again in another???????

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #43
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTpaul View Post
I just don't understand why flags are being thrown so easily now? How the heck is that SACK called a roughing the passer eh?
QB wearing a Colts jersey; Mr. Boger must have mistaken him for one of the League's Stars.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The NFL has spoken

Quote:
Watt, who appeared to be shoved by a blocker into Orlovsky from the rear on the play, said he intends to appeal the fine, which was believed to be $10,000
Old 12-30-2011   #45
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know, it's so effin' ridiculous to begin with, but you at least hold up the hope that it was a bad call and it won't be called most of the time... But instead, the league actually reviewed the play and decided it was a penalty, hence the fine... Time's a tickin', soon players won't be able to rush the passer...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've been trying to tell y'all that the rule sucks but it was enforced correctly.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but I understand it. The Texans did not lose because of the refs. They lost because they played down to the Colts' level.
Old 12-31-2011   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
They lost because they played down to the Colts' level.
Agreed.

I felt it the whole game. I think even the refs were subconsciously affected by it, too.

When I was a competitor in rodeo, back in my glory days of high school and college, I would always perform better if I knew that my competition (other cowboys who were in the same event as me) were REALLY good at what they did. If I was in a rodeo where it was just some po-dunk scrubs with no talent, I tended to screw up and play down to that level.

My mom would always remind me of the trap or temptation of playing down to your competition. It's a mental thing, tbh.

Orlovsky had his TJ Yates moment against us, folks. Period. He found his helmet and he was able to beat our defense in a key moment. I thought it was classy of GK to walk to midfield and congratulate Orlovsky like he did. I don't think I could have done that, tbh.

That was easily the low point of the season for me. I can't have that same low point feeling vs. the Titans tomorrow. Beating them tomorrow keeps them out of the playoffs, and that's what needs to happen.
Old 12-31-2011   #48
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL indirectly states that the stupid helmet to helmet was a bad call since he wasn't fined for that....
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read