Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-11-2005   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I think the fact that Johnson looks up to Deacon Jones but also knows so much about him and that position in the past, helps him too.
Man, that's awesome!

Deacon is still one tough sob, too. He could probably still whoop all of us with one hand tied behind his back. I remember an interview on Rome a couple of years ago, and he was playing a charity football game with a bunch of teenagers. Well, one 15 year old started talking trash to him, and Deacon told him to shut it. But the kid kept it up, calling him "old man" and just talking down to him. Next play, Deacon waylayed him and left the kid on the ground, out cold! He was actually kinda' bragging about it in the Jungle. Right or wrong, you've got to respect his attitude (and stature, as the kid quickly found out!).

I think TJ will be our man if he has even a 10th of the mental toughness of Deacon. You just don't mess with those kind of guys, and NEVER, EVER piss them off!
Old 05-11-2005   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I met Deacon Jones in a flight from Nashville to Houston about 2-3 years ago. He was with two young women who were his "manager-advisors". There were only a few on the flight and I was in awe...with him...and his "managers".

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

That's way cool, Vinny!

Although I was too young to see him play, and only get to check him out via NFL Films, he's one of my football heroes along with the great Earl (among a few others).

I wouldn't even know what to say to him, to be honest. "Mr. Jones" would definitely be part of whatever babble I spoke, though!
Old 05-11-2005   #24
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
So Travis is a Taurus. Good to hear that! 2 Bulls on the Team.

Travis meet Toro
: Occupation: Houston Texans Mascot
Date of Birth: 4/21/01
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Parents: Tex and Ann
Education: MA (Master's of Acrobatics)
Weight: Big enough to BULL you over
Height: 6 feet tall
Hoof Size: 10 1/2

Favorites:
Colors: Deep Steel Blue, Battle Red & Liberty White
Songs: Wooly BULLy and Deep in the Heart of Texas
Food: Chips with Salsa & Queso, BBQ Chicken and stadium foods
Vacation Spots: Pamplona, Spain, for the annual Running of the BULLS and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
Activity: Bucking Cowboys to the turf

(from Toro's bio at the main page)

i never saw that. thats hilarious....bucking cowboys to the turf...hehe
Old 05-11-2005   #25
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
A good DL will make a good LB look great . A bad DL will make a Great LB look OK. If TJ can play Greenwood will look like what people think DJ would be .
possibly a good point. i believe that the successes and failures of a linebacking squad ride on whether or not the d-line can penetrate and reeck havok among the o-lineman. if the d-line does enough to distract the o-line, then the linebackers can breeze right to the QB
Old 05-11-2005   #26
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

TJ and Robaire Smith will hurt some QBs this season, i can feel it !!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #27
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I'm all for sacking QBs but I LUVVV to watch a tackle slip a block, wrap up a half back, do a 180 and body slam him!! ARRGGH! Time for my sedative, now. I'll be all better by supper.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2005   #28
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Texans | T. Johnson Works at Defensive End - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 19:46:55 -0700

Updating a previous report, according to Nick Schenck of HoustonTexans.com, Houston Texans rookie DL Travis Johnson spent much of Monday's, May 16, practice session working at defensive end behind DE Gary Walker. Johnson, listed as a defensive tackle, is expected to play both tackle and end this season.

Texans | T. Johnson Offers to Play Special Teams - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 20:03:43 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans rookie DL Travis Johnson has told the team he is willing to play special teams this season. "Everybody expects to be on the field," Johnson said. "I just want to contribute. If the coach asks me to hold the ball on field goals, I'll do it. I just want to contribute any way I can."
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #29
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

wow this guy sounds like he has a really good attitude toward the game. i dont see any negativity or him thinking its all about him comin from him. it's almost like and ant-moss haha. the more i read and hear bout the guy makes me like him more, i hope he does well and we see him on the feild sacking peyton for a 5 yard loss.....that'll be great.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read