Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/22. 7 CT. NFL N. **Official GameDay Thread**

After dominating the AFC South over the previous eight seasons, the Peyton Manning-less Indianapolis Colts have given way to the Houston Texans.

Even though these teams’ most recent efforts more resembled previous seasons than the current one, this may be Houston’s best chance to finally win in Indianapolis.

Looking to regroup from their first defeat in more than two months, the division champion Texans visit a Colts team looking to build on its first win of the season Thursday night.

The Texans secured their first postseason berth and division title in Week 14. They entered Sunday having won a franchise-record seven straight and coming off a last-second 20-19 victory over Cincinnati, but they lost 28-13 at home to a sub-.500 Carolina team.

Houston had been tied for the conference’s best record but fell one game behind New England and is now one of three AFC teams at 10-4.

“It is a wake-up call, and it’s up to us as leaders to let our team know what exactly this game is,” defensive end Antonio Smith told the team’s official website. “I wouldn’t say it has to happen, but if it does happen, it’s needed for you to be battle-tested in a situation like this, for us to grow as a team. You got to take your (knocks). You got to take your hits on the chin.”

“When you become ‘the team,’ just like when we face teams that people give high praise, you got the underdog coming to knock you right off the pedestal.”

The Texans find themselves in a similar situation Thursday and likely know better than to overlook a Colts team that has plenty to celebrate following an 0-13 start.

Indianapolis rallied in the second half to defeat the Titans, posting its first victory without Manning in more than 14 years.

Making his third consecutive start, Dan Orlovsky was just 11 of 17 for 82 yards but threw for the go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter, and no Colts passes were intercepted for the first time since Week 5. Donald Brown carried 16 times for a career-high 161 yards, including an 80-yard TD run late in the fourth.

Rookie T.J. Yates, thrown under center with season-ending injuries to Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart, also had a forgettable performance as he went 19 of 30 for 212 yards and two interceptions.

With Yates still getting accustomed to his new role, the offense continues to lean on Arian Foster. The Pro Bowler had his fifth 100-yard rushing effort and eighth touchdown in eight games Sunday, running for 109 yards and catching five passes for 58.

In two career meetings with Indianapolis, Foster has totaled 405 yards from scrimmage and four TDs. He rushed for a career-high 231 yards and three scores during a 34-24 win Sept. 12, 2010.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=AkL3fZ6m5ayCfS9wq1CAcq1DubYF?gid=20111222011

13z372o.jpg

NO ESPN PICKS ARE UP.
What I want to see

Run the football. All day, and all night.

2010's mistake of not running the ball @ Indy will never happen again...right? Well, it better not. This is hands down one of the worst run defenses you'll see in the league. Not to say they won't attempt to try and stuff the run, but we have to make them try. Don't give them an easy way out and try to get cute by throwing all day. Maybe throw a little to set up the run, but at this point, I don't even want to see that.

Abuse Safety Dan

Bring the house, put pressure on those tackles and make the Colts have to keep extra TEs in to pass protect. Show the rest of the AFC, who will be watching this game, why we can be a feared defensive unit. Pressure Orlovsky all game long.

Stuff the run cold

Indy rushed for 205 yards last week. After watching the Texans give up 160 last week vs. Carolina, the Colts will no doubt come out looking to run it down the defense's throat. Stack the box, make the Colts throw it, and keep them one-dimensional. Finish tackles and don't like the elusive Donald Brown catch fire with electric runs and big gains.

Regain the #2 seed

We all want this team to get that bye. We got the division, now it's time to get greedy and relax while we watch the games on Jan. 7th-8th. Let's get W #11 and stand at the #2 spot for a couple days as we watch football on Christmas Eve.

LETS GO TEXANS! MAKE IT 11-4 FELLAS!!!!!

Run the football. All day, and all night.

2010's mistake of not running the ball @ Indy will never happen again...right? Well, it better not. This is hands down one of the worst run defenses you'll see in the league. Not to say they won't attempt to try and stuff the run, but we have to make them try. Don't give them an easy way out and try to get cute by throwing all day. Maybe throw a little to set up the run, but at this point, I don't even want to see that.

dont really agree with that... ya we need to win and all but more importantly we need to get tj as much practice as possible before the playoffs. not saying we should go pass happy but we should do what we've done all year in throwing to set up the run. if we run the ball from the get go and end up with 40-50 carries tonight and tj throws 10-15 passes, we'll win but how much more prepared will tj & the team be to face the ravens, steelers and all the other teams we realistically wont be able to run on much in january in games where he'll have to make his share of throws?

dont really agree with that... ya we need to win and all but more importantly we need to get tj as much practice as possible before the playoffs. not saying we should go pass happy but we should do what we've done all year in throwing to set up the run. if we run the ball from the get go and end up with 40-50 carries tonight and tj throws 10-15 passes, we'll win but how much more prepared will tj & the team be to face the ravens, steelers and all the other teams we realistically wont be able to run on much in january in games where he'll have to make his share of throws?

I agree. In order to win the Super Bowl, you have to pass, run AND play defense. We need to know how to do all three. TJ needs to make those downfield passes as well as the dump offs to the backs before the run game will even work against the big guys.

Yes, things have changed, but here are the stats from week 1.

37 rushing attempts
24 passing attempts

While I want Yates to get more game time throws, I still think our formula for beating Indy is to ram the ball down their throats and right past Freeney and Mathis.

I agree. In order to win the Super Bowl, you have to pass, run AND play defense. We need to know how to do all three. TJ needs to make those downfield passes as well as the dump offs to the backs before the run game will even work against the big guys.

First, thanks for waiting for the game day thread.

I really don't care how many pass attempts TJ makes tonight as long as he is going through his progressions and throwing to OPEN guy down field.

The Texans are 0-9 in Indy! After tonight, on paper, there shouldn't be any reason that the Texans fail to come out of it 1-9.............on paper........:thinking::texflag:

The Texans are 0-9 in Indy! After tonight, on paper, there shouldn't be any reason that the Texans fail to come out of it 1-9.............on paper........:thinking::texflag:

The outcome of tonights game will prove the Texans are who we think they are. Either way, of course.

Here's to a 1-9 record in Indy! :texflag:

Most people on the Colts boards are hoping for a loss to secure the #1 draft pick, however I'm sure the team doesn't feel the same way.

I'm expecting a 17-13 win tonight.

Good! Thorn didn't start the gameday thread! Now we might stand a chance. :heh:

I hope the Texans come out and play with some fire, and get back on track. I expect Arian and Ben to have pretty damn good games tonight. :texflag:

The only thing I want tonight is a convincing win. We are unquestionably a better team than Indianapolis and I would like it to show. The Texans have this habit of "playing down" to their opponent and I want to see it broken tonight. There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game by 14+.

:fans:

:lol:

I guess if we make it to the super bowl, the chances of me starting that game thread would be pretty low?? :tinfoil:

I think the mods would temporarily lock your account until the Super Bowl gameday thread was started by someone else

...I would.
:kitten:

I got to echo the last 2 posts.

Thorn, you are hereby BANNED from Ttalk on 1/7-8 or 1/14-15.

--

About my "what I want to see" when talking about passing/running: The ONE time I don't say "throw to set up the run", and get people disagreeing with me. Damn you who disagreed. :sarcasm:

The only thing I want tonight is a convincing win. We are unquestionably a better team than Indianapolis and I would like it to show. The Texans have this habit of "playing down" to their opponent and I want to see it broken tonight. There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game by 14+.

:fans:

the 2011 texans have the 5th highest pts differential in the league??

:rake:

These statistical rankings mostly include the time when Schaub was QB, not TJ. The offense hasn't been the same with TJ, it's been scoring less points. I think this would be expected considering the circumstances, but still the Texans don't have the same offense they would if Schaub were healthy and running it (with or without AJ).

I had this dream last night, fellas - no foolin' - that our wide receivers were replaced by the Colts' DBs, and our wide outs were the DBs for the Colts. Man, TJ was throwing strikes right and left to our/they're WRs. Yates was really putting on a clinic.

Can someone interpret this dream? I sent an email to Negrodamus, but he's yet to respond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcqCH5YXaU

I had this dream last night, fellas - no foolin' - that our wide receivers were replaced by the Colts' DBs, and our wide outs were the DBs for the Colts. Man, TJ was throwing strikes right and left to our/they're WRs. Yates was really putting on a clinic.

Can someone interpret this dream? I sent an email to Negrodamus, but he's yet to respond.

I believe I can help you out with a prognosis. You are either drinking to much, or not enough, but whichever it is you need to change it.

That'll be $10 for the medical advice, $10 for reading your post, $20 because you actually read this response, and $40 says I won't see a penny of any of that.

That's a pretty stat, but it doesn't change the fact that we've lost to the Raiders and now the Panthers this season and have a history of losing to (or at least playing flat against) teams that we are universally considered to be better than. I don't think it's asking too much to expect Houston to be able beat a team like Indy by 14+. If we're only able to pull out a 17-14 win, then I am going to start getting nervous about our ability to compete in the playoffs.

Are you sure that Yates wasn't throwing picks left and right and it just seemed like the colts' DBs were our receivers since they were catching so many of his passes?
:kitten:

Who's on the coverage locally? Is this only going to be viewed by NFLNetwork subscribers? Cuz that would be infinitely lame.

I'm in vegas. I bet on the texans. This game is going to be extra interesting. Hopefully they win and ill go out and make a hangover part 3.

thursday games are weird. It doesnt feel like gameday at all. My whole routine is off. Still cant wait.

Go Texans! Also hopefully Kubes knows to run it down the Colts throats

thursday games are weird. It doesnt feel like gameday at all. My whole routine is off. Still cant wait.

I'm not a big fan of thursday games. I always forget to set my FFL lineup and forget to do the pick 'em thing until it's damn near too late. ...I usually do that Saturday

The only good thing is that the guys get an extra 3 days rest.

Gameday thread? Didn't we just do this?? Wow, what a fast week. Next thing you tell me is it's Thursday night and we're on TV but I know better than that.

:texflag: :fans: :texflag:

You will have 7 years of rain and good harvest but then it will be followed by 7 years of drought and famine. I hope you have good neighbors cause they are gonna be upset.

Agreed. I completely forgot about the game twice today. It's just hard to get pumped about anything on a Thursday...that will probably change when the game is actually on.

:texflag:

Hah, Michael Irvin just said Houston doesn't want a bye becayse if they get it they have to play the Steeler defense, [or] the Ravens defense, the Jets defense, and if you are the Texans you don't want those guys, you want them to play each other so they are a little beat up when you face them.

Sanders said Irvin left out one of those defenses, the #2 Houston Texans defense, who would probably still be #1 if Wade was on the sidelines last week.

:kingkong:

Watching NFL Network and they're reporting that Daniels may not play? Why is that? Was it the blow to the knee he took last week? I really hate to see us lose another offensive weapon. This is past being absurd......

Wow. Off topic but I just got a package from UPS. The guy knocked, HE WAITED for me to answer te door, and even called me 'Sir."

I think those vids about UPS and FedEx are causing some meetings with the drivers on how to deliver a package.

Back