Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2011   #21
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Am I the only one concerned about next two games

Texans pissed about losing trap game last week at home and have never won in Indy and Texans have by far superior talent and something to play for (BYE) where as Indy risks losing Luck with another win.

All those reasons IMO = Texans win if not win comfortably.

Against Titans, by then they could have nothing left to play for and could be checked out mentally. Texans will be at home and probably have one last shot at a BYE if they win. Hopefully will be coming off first ever win in Indy and will not want to let down home fans again with another stinker.

IMO = Texans win against Titans.

I think we can win last 2 and hopefully get a BYE.

After that, stick with Yates and play football and see what happens. I'm not delusional or on enough Yates kool aid to think we are winning a Super Bowl this year, but I think with the right home matchup we have a damn good shot at a playoff win. IMO, do not start a back up, we ride with what we got, He knows the system and has been actively playing and has the chemistry with the team. Don't screw that up.

Either way, time to just enjoy the ride.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #22
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see the next 2 games as "gimmies" but I do think we win at the Indy for the 1st time. The game I think we could lose is the one with the "tacks" and depends if they are still fighting for a wild card or not. As for the playoffs, I hope we do win both these games and get a bye, then play a home game. They win that and they're in the AFC championship game! That would be sweeeeet!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #23
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 113586 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The next two games are DIVISION games, so YES, I'm worried. Even though we've won the division, those two teams would LOVE to brag about beating us and claiming our "good" year was just a fluke! SCREW UM!!! I hope we FINALLY get a shut out with both teams!!
My but we're a greedy little one aren't we?
I love it.
Old 12-21-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I don't see the next 2 games as "gimmies" but I do think we win at the Indy for the 1st time. The game I think we could lose is the one with the "tacks" and depends if they are still fighting for a wild card or not. As for the playoffs, I hope we do win both these games and get a bye, then play a home game. They win that and they're in the AFC championship game! That would be sweeeeet!
If it were us staying at home & the Titans, Indy, or even Jacksonville going to the play-offs, I'm pretty sure we're going to do whatever we can to beat them.

Knock them out of homefield... we'll try to beat them.

Knock them out of a bye week.... we'll try to beat them.

Just to mess up their Mo going into the play-offs..... we'll try to beat them.

Now the shoes on the other foot, I don't think for a second that beating a division rival isn't enough to get them up for this game if only to say, "you're not better than us!!"
Old 12-21-2011   #25
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, not really concerned. Call me ignorant, call me obstinate, call me blissfully unaware, but we ought to beat the $#%% out of our next two opponents.

We got our wake up call, we'll have Andre back for the second one (bank it!), and the team is ready to see what they've got in the playoffs.

As long as TJ doesn't screw the pooch, the Texans will be fine.
Old 12-21-2011   #26
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I do not agree with throwing Delhomme or Garcia out there just to "see what they got" If they don't know in practice that those two guys are a better option than Tj they need to stay on the side lines.

Go with your first team, find as many things that need to be "fixed" & fix them.
Agree with this. It wouldn't exactly be a great vote of confidence for TJ to pull him and let the guys who were on the street 3 weeks ago run things just to see how they do. Our wagon's hitched to Yates, for better or for worse. He's easily had the greatest exposure of our healthy QB's to our offense this year and has the right tools, I can't fathom starting from scratch again 2 weeks from our first playoff game.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #27
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 2883 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

You know the old saying "On any given Sunday", since we are playing on Thursday I'm comfortable. We should beat their azzzes.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2011   #28
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Agree with this. It wouldn't exactly be a great vote of confidence for TJ to pull him and let the guys who were on the street 3 weeks ago run things just to see how they do. Our wagon's hitched to Yates, for better or for worse. He's easily had the greatest exposure of our healthy QB's to our offense this year and has the right tools, I can't fathom starting from scratch again 2 weeks from our first playoff game.

3 and 1/2 games is hardly hitching your wagon to someone. The guy looks at one receiver after he drops back. He is struggling terribly to read defenses. Go ahead and not see what we have in our so called backups. See where the Texans end up with "their wagon hitched to TJ for better or worse". Kubiak is not trusting TJ because the play calling is extremely conservative.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #29
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

ooopps some folks didn't see that one coming....

0-10 in Indy and they didn't even have Manning....

Texans just split with a now 2-13 team...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #30
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Dang it gafftop.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #31
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Dang it gafftop.
What!!! Not my fault. Kubes still the HC. I just hope Kubiak doesn't try to pin this on TJ by making change to one of the others. We need to use the next game to open it up. Go big or go home. Don't play scared. Kubes still hasn't learned that.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #32
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I know... just messin with ya. (though you may want to post some positive mojo for next week.... just in case)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #33
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
I know... just messin with ya. (though you may want to post some positive mojo for next week.... just in case)
I know. I am now not concerned at all about the next game. It means nothing in the standings but everything in what we can gain from it. We need to use this game as the ULTIMATE practice. If we want to get past the 2nd round we need to change our attitude and approach on offense. Let's try do something out of the box. You need to stretch the field.
Old 12-23-2011   #34
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I never like to take any opponent fro granted.
"On any given Sunday" is proof of that.
The Colts have tatsed winning and want that taste again.
The Titans are trying tro go out with a bang and are mad at losing to the Colts and may show off Locker. Plus Finnegan may be playing for his job.
Both of these neeed to be played with our highest level of intensity and mistake free to win out.
Oh and like GMA said, they are division games which count toward our seeding.
Dangit, this was one of those monkeys we needed to get off our backs( never won in Indy) and we let " bookem Dan O" beat us, argh!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm worried, but I'm not.

We've got the division, we're in the play-offs. 1st round bye would be sweet, but it's not the most important thing on our plate right now.

The most important thing is for us to get our game plan down pat... we need to be perfect executing our game plan.

I don't care if the coaches think we're closer to the Super Bowl by putting Delhomme or Garcia in the game & getting them up to speed or if we're better off going with Tj Yates. All I care, is that they make the decision & move forward with the Super Bowl, winning the Super Bowl, in mind.

I am not going to start nit-picking every decision the Texans make at this point.

& I definitely don't buy this, "taking things for granted" crap... two teams take the field every Sunday & while the Panthers weren't playing for the play-offs, they had plenty to play for.
I still feel the same way.
Old 12-24-2011   #36
gafftop
Hall of Fame

What bothers me the most when I start some of these threads is the negative rep I get just for starting them and expressing my opinion. I don't think you should get neg rep for starting a thread or expressing an opinion no matter how outlandish it may seem to YOU. Take this one for instance.

The good news is you just never know what is going to happen once the game starts. Three wins at the end of the season and guess what?? You never know, do you.
Old 12-24-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
It seems as though team and fans think next two games are gimmies.

Just my opinion.
I'd like to know what gave you the idea that we or the team thought these games would be gimmies. I never got that vibe.
Old 12-24-2011   #38
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'd like to know what gave you the idea that we or the team thought these games would be gimmies. I never got that vibe.
Did you read some of the posts. I know all the fans did not feel that way but it sure seemed that some did and it sure looked as though the players and coaches might have. So based on my post you think it is correct to neg rep someone.
Old 12-26-2011   #39
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
One playoff win is hella good way to end the season... we probably wouldn't done that if we had the #2 seed. Balty is gonna run us ragged, regardless of playing at home or on the road.

It makes you wonder if Kubiak is thinking this way. He knows he has no shot at getting to the superbowl so he positions his team to play the easiest playoff game possible to get a win. If they pull it off it builds confidence/hunger/experience for next year. Just a thought. When Kubiak has time he usually overthinks stuff and screws up. The smartest guy in the room thing.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
It makes you wonder if Kubiak is thinking this way. He knows he has no shot at getting to the superbowl so he positions his team to play the easiest playoff game possible to get a win. If they pull it off it builds confidence/hunger/experience for next year. Just a thought. When Kubiak has time he usually overthinks stuff and screws up. The smartest guy in the room thing.
So you're saying he threw the game?

You don't think he put it on the defense to win the game? The strongest part of the team?

You just think he threw the game?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read